Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5779 5780 [5781] 5782 5783 ... 13314

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 14976752 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #86700 on: August 29, 2012, 04:11:56 pm »

Just watched TTGL again, and this time I actually cried during the AU episode, because fuck me this show has a retarded amount of feels for a giant mecha anime.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: [WAN WAN WAN] Things Yasuna kept doing too long again thread. (HAPPY THREAD!)
« Reply #86701 on: August 29, 2012, 04:27:42 pm »

Caught a small lizard in the kitchen sink, which is wierd, since this is an apartment on the sixth floor. Still, he's a cool looking little bastard, don't really know what to do with him or anything but I'm gessing he's going into the wild tommorrow.

(The wild being some greenery that's growing around the buildings)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #86702 on: August 29, 2012, 04:58:18 pm »

Just defeated Viy, got few items and bunch of ROMs.

Goddamn, every thing got in La-Mulana makes me happy. That game is hard at points!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86703 on: August 29, 2012, 05:56:56 pm »

Just watched TTGL again, and this time I actually cried during the AU episode, because fuck me this show has a retarded amount of feels for a giant mecha anime.

That reminds me... whenever he points out the importance of self-reflection when discussing others with ideologies that clash with his own, my anthropology professor likes to say "Just who the hell do I think I am?!". The orange-red tinted glasses and the intense expression on his face keeps reminding me of TTGL.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 05:58:31 pm by Solifuge »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86704 on: August 29, 2012, 06:13:22 pm »

That reminds me... whenever he points out the importance of self-reflection when discussing others with ideologies that clash with his own, my anthropology professor likes to say "Just who the hell do I think I am?!". The orange-red tinted glasses and the intense expression on his face keeps reminding me of TTGL.

Has he seen it? Because you must tell him to watch it. Even going beyond just getting the reference TTGL is probably one of the best anime's I've ever seen. And show that can have an essentially one dimensional bad guy come back and then feature him in a scene that literally makes me cry every time I watch it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I just... I just love TTGL.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #86706 on: August 29, 2012, 07:46:48 pm »

Thinking about either changing my major or minoring in science education to increase marketability.  Everybody's an english education major (Think 100+ applicants for a single spot, and once a spot a teacher would actually want is filled it's not opening up any time soon), and I don't want to spend months or longer trying to find a job and ending up with a teaching job I hate or can't handle (I've heard some horror stories.  One teacher I knew in elementary school was assaulted several times a month in a rough school.)

I could always teach English as a foreign language in Asia, I've considered doing that in South Korea and I know a guy who did it in Thailand.  The pay wasn't great by American standards but lower cost of living meant he was basically rich.  Completely free, quality apartment, great food for extremely cheap.

Of course, you'd have to go across the world for several months.
Shoes...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #86707 on: August 29, 2012, 07:51:50 pm »

Thinking about either changing my major or minoring in science education to increase marketability.  Everybody's an english education major (Think 100+ applicants for a single spot, and once a spot a teacher would actually want is filled it's not opening up any time soon), and I don't want to spend months or longer trying to find a job and ending up with a teaching job I hate or can't handle (I've heard some horror stories.  One teacher I knew in elementary school was assaulted several times a month in a rough school.)

I could always teach English as a foreign language in Asia, I've considered doing that in South Korea and I know a guy who did it in Thailand.  The pay wasn't great by American standards but lower cost of living meant he was basically rich.  Completely free, quality apartment, great food for extremely cheap.

Of course, you'd have to go across the world for several months.
Ahh geez dude i was gonna tell you that the english field has way too many people running around with a degree.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #86708 on: August 29, 2012, 09:00:50 pm »

I caught a fly today with my bare hands. Looked around, no one anywhere nearby. Sighing, I prepared to release it, when I saw a water bottle. An empty water bottle. I coerced the captive fly into going into the bottle, then took the bottle to show my friend, that yes, I can catch fucking flies with my bare hands.
Then I let it go, because I sympathize with being imprisoned against your will.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #86709 on: August 29, 2012, 10:24:51 pm »

I caught a fly today with my bare hands. Looked around, no one anywhere nearby. Sighing, I prepared to release it, when I saw a water bottle. An empty water bottle. I coerced the captive fly into going into the bottle, then took the bottle to show my friend, that yes, I can catch fucking flies with my bare hands.
Then I let it go, because I sympathize with being imprisoned against your will.
Sadly that doesn't beat my sister. When she was 9 SHE CAUGHT A FLY WITH A FREAKING BENDY STRAW. HOW DO YOU EVEN GET IT INSIDE THAT MUCH BENDY STRAW??!! I'VE SEEN LOADS OF BENDY STRAWS, THEY'RE MOSTLY WHAT, 1CM IN DIAMETER? AND SHE CAUGHT IT.
WITH A BENDY STRAW.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #86710 on: August 29, 2012, 10:32:08 pm »

Wait, wait. They didn't teach you that trick? It's actually pretty simple, really. It's this little thing with the wrist and the pinky. Dead easy once you've got the trick; saw one young lady in elementary school nab five in a row with the same straw. That one actually got a lil'bit of applause.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #86711 on: August 29, 2012, 10:52:04 pm »

Truespeech is up. It's still in extreme alpha (it's not even functional enough to build a 20th level character yet, and what does exist is only slight more balanced than the Epic Level Handbook), but the bones of the system are formed and it's starting to get some meat on them. Link, since I think somebody mentioned wanting it. With this, I'll probably stop gushing about it in this thread because... 4(?) posts is probably enough >______>

PRE-EDIT: Oh god, I reflexively clicked Preview instead of post. Hahahaha
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #86713 on: August 29, 2012, 11:26:22 pm »

Truespeech is up. It's still in extreme alpha (it's not even functional enough to build a 20th level character yet, and what does exist is only slight more balanced than the Epic Level Handbook), but the bones of the system are formed and it's starting to get some meat on them. Link, since I think somebody mentioned wanting it. With this, I'll probably stop gushing about it in this thread because... 4(?) posts is probably enough >______>

PRE-EDIT: Oh god, I reflexively clicked Preview instead of post. Hahahaha
That would be me! I just went through making a by-the-book level 12 truenamer the other day. It took some finagling, but I finally got a character with about +60 on Truespeech checks. With Exemplar, that's a default result of 70 due to their ability to take 10 on a skill check whenever they want. That's high enough to affect monsters of CR 27.5 and below all the time or quicken a power to affect monsters of CR 17.5 and below. Not too bad for this level, but I'll have to come up with something more if this campaign gets much further.  :P

Seriously, when a class requires almost all of your character wealth and skill points and abilities just to be able to use its still-really-craptastic powers, there's a problem. An 80 in Escape Artist lets you crawl through a 2-inch-wide hole in a wall. A 70 in Open Lock lets you open masterwork level locks in under a second. An 80 in Swim lets you swim up a goddamn waterfall. A 70 in Truespeech lets you cast Solid Fog. (Something any 7th level wizard can do multiple times per day on a whim.)

But I still love the flavor. I'll be looking at this homebrew very carefully.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86714 on: August 29, 2012, 11:28:19 pm »

You know what it should do?

FUS RO DAH!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 5779 5780 [5781] 5782 5783 ... 13314