Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8033 8034 [8035] 8036 8037 ... 13316

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15011269 times)

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ] WHY ARE WE YELLING? (Happy thread...?)
« Reply #120510 on: January 29, 2014, 11:31:02 am »

"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #120511 on: January 29, 2014, 12:59:55 pm »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #120512 on: January 29, 2014, 01:11:45 pm »

Some guy was coding dismemberment for tgstation, so I asked him to name the function that checks for arms arm_ok(). And he actually did it. Yessssssss.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #120513 on: January 29, 2014, 01:13:08 pm »

Sweet.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120514 on: January 29, 2014, 01:38:18 pm »

I want to buy a violin so I can learn to play it.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120515 on: January 29, 2014, 01:39:44 pm »

At least they're good. I used to live next door to a terrible violinist.

I used to be a terrible violinist.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #120516 on: January 29, 2014, 01:41:41 pm »

Everyone's terrible until they get better.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #120517 on: January 29, 2014, 01:55:51 pm »

I discovered a cool guitar trick that doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere. It results in a pretty subtle effect, but adds a very interesting flute-like sound.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #120518 on: January 29, 2014, 02:17:29 pm »

Some guy was coding dismemberment for tgstation, so I asked him to name the function that checks for arms arm_ok(). And he actually did it. Yessssssss.

Heh, awesome.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120519 on: January 29, 2014, 02:36:34 pm »

So while I was away I discovered two new webcomics I can highly recommend, they're both relatively short and concise stories (one of which is nearly at completion right now).

The first is a sci-fi comic called Never Mind the Gap, which is a comic about extremely human robots, who by apparent necessity of design, have to be built to be extremely human-like. It's basically a romance drama with lots and lots of stuff happening in the background. It deals with themes like loss of self, and such in a way I really like and demonstrates just plain damn good story telling in my humble opinion.

The second is Space Pulp, which is basically a star wars-y-esque space opera which is about "Poison Monkeys" which are an alien species that coincidentally look totally human, extremely powerful and rare psychics that have a potent precognition ability, and light sabers for some reason.

Both are by the same author. Both are also NSFW containing quite a few graphic depictions of human and inhuman sex and nudity, though if that doesn't bother you, they're both fantastic. I leave you to google the links for yourself if you want to read them.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #120520 on: January 29, 2014, 02:39:08 pm »

Passed all of my units (Except the one that I knew I'd already failed because I forgot to hand in an assignment worth 50% of the coursework grade) for the last semester with distinction, 82% in Software Constructs, 85% in Professional Issues and Entrepreneurship (WTF?) and 79% in Computing Mathematics.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120521 on: January 29, 2014, 03:14:49 pm »

I discovered a cool guitar trick that doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere. It results in a pretty subtle effect, but adds a very interesting flute-like sound.
Electric or acoustic? How is this done? I must know.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #120522 on: January 29, 2014, 03:18:54 pm »

Blowing into it?
This is a blank sig.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ] WHY ARE WE YELLING? (Funny thread...?)
« Reply #120523 on: January 29, 2014, 03:25:01 pm »

So, /r/gaming has been hating on this ex-camgirl who found out that showing cleavage on twitch.tv while playing games is way more profitable than camming. ("she's not a real (pro) gamer", etc)

I mostly ignored it, until I saw this.(until 2m)
She's basically getting paid for trolling people xD. How awesome is that?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 03:28:38 pm by Dutchling »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #120524 on: January 29, 2014, 03:42:10 pm »

Electric or acoustic? How is this done? I must know.

Electric, it would work on acoustic but it would be hard to hear. The principle is the same as in pinch harmonics, essentially. You grab a pick so that your thumb brushes against the strings as you pick, but the other side of the pick picks normally, then sweep up and down as you play (works best for double stops, came up with it for fifths).

As you pick, move your picking hand towards and away from the bridge - on my guitar it worked well between the pickup nearest to the fretboard and the next one. You get the double stop with a harmonic ringing out, and the harmonic sounds different depending on where the picking hand is, so you can add a subtle background melody out of those without changing the chord itself.

It's most pronounced with the highest pickups, high treble and gain, but you should be able to get the sound without it.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 8033 8034 [8035] 8036 8037 ... 13316