Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11769 11770 [11771] 11772 11773 ... 13317

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15021821 times)

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
Re: [*Licklick*] An eyeball or doorknob is fine too (Happy thread)
« Reply #176550 on: October 11, 2016, 10:01:14 pm »

I'm becoming ever more certain (I've got no idea if that was grammatically correct) that I would have preferred to have been born with female body parts. Just my two cents.

I'm at school in Japan, learning Japanese in Japanese! It is scary but kind of pretty good.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176551 on: October 11, 2016, 10:05:05 pm »

Best of luck!

Cool!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176552 on: October 11, 2016, 10:11:58 pm »

I'm happy that everyone here can be themselves, no matter who they are.

It's a rare thing to find an accepting community, and I'm happy and proud to be part of it, even as a straight white cis male.

Happy Coming Out Day, and here's to a world where we don't need it.
Man why's it matter if you're straight, white, not trans, and a guy? If I have to have people tell me I shouldn't feel like shit for just being bisexual then You shouldn't feel like shit for being mostly orthodox on the spectrum of sex and gender and attractions and stuff. I'm sorta mad that when we enter special snowflake celebration mode that other "normal" people feel like crap. We should all mutually feel happy, jesus

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #176553 on: October 11, 2016, 10:57:07 pm »

I didn't find myself, but I did find the third awoo.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176554 on: October 11, 2016, 11:17:55 pm »

Where was it? What did you do with it?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ooh please front-page this.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176555 on: October 11, 2016, 11:23:09 pm »

It's a rare thing to find an accepting community, and I'm happy and proud to be part of it, even as a straight white cis male.

Man why's it matter if you're straight, white, not trans, and a guy? If I have to have people tell me I shouldn't feel like shit for just being bisexual then You shouldn't feel like shit for being mostly orthodox on the spectrum of sex and gender and attractions and stuff. I'm sorta mad that when we enter special snowflake celebration mode that other "normal" people feel like crap. We should all mutually feel happy, jesus
I don't feel like shit, it's just that I should remind myself that I don't know what being treated like shit because of who I am feels like.  I'm happy with myself.  I'm just not happy that a lot of people like me aren't happy with other people being themselves.

Iunno.  It might just be the latent Tumblr leaking through.  *shrug*

I don't know, and I don't care.  Live and let live.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176556 on: October 11, 2016, 11:26:26 pm »

I don't feel like shit, it's just that I should remind myself that I don't know what being treated like shit because of who I am feels like.
... why? You care and you aren't an ass, there's no reason to... make yourself feel guilty or anything.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #176557 on: October 11, 2016, 11:47:16 pm »

Since it's National Coming Out Day[...]
Oh o_o
...Yay!
Happy day to the rest of you :D
I don't think we have this here... :'(
But hooray for these days being celebrated!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #176558 on: October 11, 2016, 11:51:34 pm »

I thought it was kinda global. Everything goes global.

Anyway, I have icecream and a fire going in the furnace. Today is an okay day.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176559 on: October 11, 2016, 11:53:05 pm »

I think we're all okay with celebrating a US holiday here.
But I'd agree that nobody would want to be the first to 'honor it' in another country.
Shit sounds scary.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #176560 on: October 12, 2016, 12:05:11 am »

I don't feel like shit, it's just that I should remind myself that I don't know what being treated like shit because of who I am feels like.
... why? You care and you aren't an ass, there's no reason to... make yourself feel guilty or anything.
Not to mention that you almost certainly have had people treat you like shit because of who you are.

S'a big part of why I'm so opposed to tight-focused care for social ills and a proponent of holistic progressivism, it's far too easy for people to forget that their special interest isn't alone in suffering, and nearly as easy for that to progress to othering and marginalizing suffering because "Oh, you were born with those traits? Psh, privileged shitlord, you've never been hurt or treated differently because of who you are - if you're not part of [group] you don't know what real prejudice or pain is."

We're all people, we tend to deal with the same shit - not always the same expressions of it, and not always to the same degree, but... suffering from the actions and words of others is about as universal as it gets. Of course, this also means that you oughta treat people decently until they prove they don't deserve it, 'cause most of them are decent folks themselves even if they're in a bad place in life.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #176561 on: October 12, 2016, 12:20:23 am »

... though I'd probably argue being opposed to the tight-focused stuff is... not the best way of going about things. Holistic's nice, but it's a lot easier to get funding for smaller problems/projects, and help est, et al. Advocating and whatnot's great, just... don't do the enemy of the good thing. Way too many people are intent on that, really.

Any case, wasn't aware of the holiday thing, which, uh. Is normal. Better than half the time these days I don't notice holidays until someone asks how they went a few days later, ha. Still, best wishes for... whoever, really. May we live to see the day it's actually safe for folks to go through that process.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176562 on: October 12, 2016, 05:28:04 am »

I'm mentally and physically male, but there are times when with it would be possible to be the other sex temporarily.

Also I tend to internally blame my anger issues on my testosterone, so I sometimes wish I had less of it.

Inb4 somebody tells me it doesn't work like that.

Anger is controlled by estrogen.

First, I am excited for the day when Transhumanism is acceptable in general, and fundamental-level body tweaking is possible. It'd be nice to have a body or two to wear when I go out. Or even just to be able to tweak some things about the one I've got.

Second, as someone who's had a few years experience with either set of hormones in their body and brain:

Androgens make you feel somewhat more confident and self assured. They make you more impulsive in your actions. They make your metabolism run faster, increase how much food energy is stored as muscle instead of fat, and make your body warmer. They suppress nausea from motion sickness, and maybe in general. They make you think about sex more often. Both Testosterone and Progesterone act (at least in part) as Androgens.

Estrogens make you feel more level-headed. They make emotions hit harder and more intensely, but make processing them relatively easier. They make your body relatively energy-conservative, make waking up harder, increase body fat, and make maintaining muscle a bit harder. They help with empathy, help with noticing or thinking about the other people in a given situation, and make self assurance more an act of willpower than an automatic reflex.

It's all anecdotal experience, and might be colored by being relatively Male Bodied and Female Brained... But them's some things for consideration!

Apparently the Human Rights Campaign are responsible for Coming Out Day. They're apparently the only LGBT organization that routinely throw trans-folks under the bus, and lobby for laws that benefit Homosexual folks, but ignore or are regressive toward other queer groups. They're doin' it wrong. :I

I hope folks don't feel pressure from the holiday, to come out before it's safe or they're ready. If they are, I hope it gives them courage!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #176563 on: October 12, 2016, 06:29:05 am »

"if you're not part of [group] you don't know what real prejudice or pain is."
tbh the problem is that this is actually true if you look at the amount of people saying that women should be "flattered" because of catcalling and that sexual harassment "doesn't happen that often" etc.

a lot of people will just dismiss or minimalise racism or sexism because it never happens to them, and there's a big difference from "a few people are mean to me sometimes :c" and "random strangers call me a slut on a busy street regularly"

also it's just naive to pretend that cis white middle-class dudes experience prejudice to the same extent as basically any other group
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 06:36:30 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #176564 on: October 12, 2016, 06:55:30 am »

After 2.5 months of not getting much than a pip of response while looking for a new job, today I got 3 calls from 3 different places all offering the kind of job (warehouse/packaging/otherwise manual labor) I want.

I feel overwhelmed a bit... Certainly happy tho!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 11769 11770 [11771] 11772 11773 ... 13317