Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: Conservative Crime Squad  (Read 49301 times)

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Conservative Crime Squad
« Reply #180 on: November 13, 2009, 12:30:58 am »

So, time warping hicks recruited in the near future Conservative Crime Squad should be able to time travel and shoot President Lincoln in the back of the head with a AK-47?

But it all turns out that President Lincoln was an early reptilian overlord seeking control of the planet.

So...

I don't get how this is funny or anything.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 13, 2009, 03:59:35 am »

What is not funny about a tardis appearing in the middle of a soylent green plant, the door being kicked open from the inside, and 6 body armoured guys with machine guns storming out and shooting at everything conservative?
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 13, 2009, 04:04:45 am »

What is not funny about a tardis appearing in the middle of a soylent green plant, the door being kicked open from the inside, and 6 body armoured guys with machine guns storming out and shooting at everything conservative?

its not funny because soylent green is people  >:(

0_0 OH MY SCIENCE 0_0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 13, 2009, 10:47:29 am »

???
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 12:23:35 am by 0_0 OH MY SCIENCE 0_0 »

winner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 14, 2009, 06:38:14 pm »

if you need more ideas for thematic scenery, here is several pages worth of notes someone typed up.
The great game of Warlocks!

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 18, 2009, 05:17:59 pm »

as a conservative in real life, there are some people who do  deserve a fiery molten bit of lead in their cranium, but those are only the extreme idiots.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 19, 2009, 11:50:35 am »

as a conservative in real life, there are some people who do  deserve a fiery molten bit of lead in their cranium, but those are only the extreme idiots.
That would be every conservative in Planet LCS ;D.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 19, 2009, 04:43:23 pm »

That would be every conservative in Planet LCS ;D.

Actually, it's those kind of extreme idiots the CCS should be based on.

With the LCS extreme idiots showing up just as the CCS extreme idiots actually start to succeed.

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 21, 2009, 07:00:36 am »

To say it again, I think the point of Liberal Crime Squad is to be a political satire about the arbitrary stupidity of dividing every issue between two labels, two parties! Liberal and Conservative, Democrat and Republican! For every person in the world, there is something you will agree with them on and something you will disagree with them on. To effectively "divide" everybody into groups that encompass all of their personal convictions and beliefs, you would have to make as many groups as there are humans.

Amen.

And this is why I love the game. :D
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

Ciarog

• Bay Watcher
  • Monkey Wrench Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 08, 2010, 09:12:28 pm »

Imagine them breaking out somebody like Ol' Timmothy McVeigh and recruiting him with an offer he can't refuse. Almost like a movie hook.
Holy crap, you could reenact the Dirty Dozen!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 09:19:26 pm by Ciarog »

Ciarog

• Bay Watcher
  • Monkey Wrench Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 08, 2010, 10:10:18 pm »

LCS is funny because they're liberal terrorists.  And liberal terrorist is an oxymoron.  Yes, there are tons of left wing terrorists, but precious few liberals in the LCS sense.  The liberal agenda was written by waffling intellectuals, it's full of contradictions and caveats and I would challenge you to find two liberals in the country who are in complete agreement politically.  That's not an agenda that is likely to inspire a dogmatic, disciplined, ruthless army of killers, neh?  The LCS contridicts itself in it's every action, they kill for gun control, they drive cars to attack auto plants, they use terrorism against the media in support of free speech.  There is no Bible of Liberalism, no dogma, they're true believers without a belief.  At it's core, the LCS is a walking contradiction and that's why it can be satire.
Satire? Irony? Why, I never even noticed. :P

Well, yes I did. But when I send my gang members off to gun down cops and torch police stations, their motivations take a distant second in my mind to their actions. If I were sending militiamen to do the same thing for slightly different reasons, I really can't say I'd be any more concerned with the subtext, just because it makes a bit more sense in the proper mindset.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 10:17:02 pm by Ciarog »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 08, 2010, 10:32:37 pm »

This topic is harder to kill then a zombie teaching Austrian economics  while espousing "traditional" notions about sex even as it engages in vampiric sucking of the blood of the lowly proletariat through a corrupt corporate culture all fueled by the furnaces of hell as they consume the last green places of this earth.

Yes, a different game could have crime and terrorism without any of the satire of liberals.  However it would be a different game.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Ciarog

• Bay Watcher
  • Monkey Wrench Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 08, 2010, 11:05:29 pm »

Speaking of which. If this ever comes about, I'd like the option of playing as the EU/UN/Comintern forces that invade America to restore order. I always was a fence sitter when watching Red Dawn. Though you're probably right about it being beyond the scope of the game as it stands now.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 02:21:01 am by Ciarog »

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 09, 2010, 07:22:30 pm »

/stabs necromantic thread and bites it's head off.  >:(
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Conservative Swine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 26, 2010, 05:02:48 pm »

The conservative movement in LCS has the overblown satirized goals it needs for "Conservative Crime Squad".

It is the LCS of the CCS Game that would probably need new and more oppressive goals/policies. Hate speech, thoughtcrimes, re-education/work/farm camps etc.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 07:47:26 pm by Conservative Swine »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22