Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7948 7949 [7950] 7951 7952 ... 8159

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8882166 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #119235 on: December 30, 2020, 08:26:33 pm »

You know what it might be? Circadian rhythm disruption. From staying inside a lot and not being exposed to much sunlight.

I've stayed inside for most summer breaks but now it's more like 6 months rather than 3 months.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 08:29:08 pm by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #119236 on: December 30, 2020, 09:51:13 pm »

Still can't speak.....

You've been to the doctors right?

Just the other day, yea
Before that they literally called to TALK to me and I'm like
What.

Had to put my mum on the phone with the doctor.

Weeks later finally managed an in-person meeting.

Covid sucks.

But it wasn't covid you have, was it? I remember you saying it was something else I think? Or was that a name on the symptom?

As a balding man I take some comfort in knowing that there are now millions of more people going bald than there otherwise would have been
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119237 on: December 30, 2020, 10:49:18 pm »

Yeah, I remember asking you if it was covid and you replying it was not. At any rate please take care.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119238 on: December 31, 2020, 01:48:20 am »

I could, tomorrow, go to the grocery store.  And scoop up all 12-24 cans of 89c canned "ravioli".  A can of pasta sauce and pasta with some nuggets of extremely processed meat.

It's so easy to be vegetarian, nowadays, at least 95% vegetarian.  Beans and rice, beans and rice.

I was so excited for Taco Bell to have potatoes again, but it's just the "nacho" fries, not the delicious potato-burritoes they used to have.

And visiting them was a deep betrayal of everything I stand for.  worth it

Lentils and rice.   Rice and lentils.  I need more vitamin D, but I've been away from milk for so long that I don't want to drink it.  I suck on limes and lemons for vitamin C.  But not as often as I should, because it's 3-4 weeks between my grocery runs, and also I'm an idjit.  Humans weren't meant to live this way.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119239 on: December 31, 2020, 02:02:07 am »

CDDA is difficult man.

Do you guys know where I could find a tool with drilling quality? It's what's left for making my simple knife spear into a knife spear.
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119240 on: December 31, 2020, 02:18:53 am »

CDDA is difficult man.

Do you guys know where I could find a tool with drilling quality? It's what's left for making my simple knife spear into a knife spear.
If you're playing on the experimental versions, fabrication 2 can let you make a hand drill. Otherwise go looking for a power drill.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119241 on: December 31, 2020, 02:30:36 am »

I have fabrication 3 but can't make a hand drill. Guess I'm not on the experimental version.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119242 on: December 31, 2020, 05:05:19 am »

I have fabrication 3 but can't make a hand drill. Guess I'm not on the experimental version.
Go get it then, there aren't many bugs. Just make a backup just in case.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119243 on: December 31, 2020, 05:16:30 am »

I could, tomorrow, go to the grocery store.  And scoop up all 12-24 cans of 89c canned "ravioli".  A can of pasta sauce and pasta with some nuggets of extremely processed meat.

It's so easy to be vegetarian, nowadays, at least 95% vegetarian.  Beans and rice, beans and rice.

I was so excited for Taco Bell to have potatoes again, but it's just the "nacho" fries, not the delicious potato-burritoes they used to have.

And visiting them was a deep betrayal of everything I stand for.  worth it

Lentils and rice.   Rice and lentils.  I need more vitamin D, but I've been away from milk for so long that I don't want to drink it.  I suck on limes and lemons for vitamin C.  But not as often as I should, because it's 3-4 weeks between my grocery runs, and also I'm an idjit.  Humans weren't meant to live this way.
You could get vitamin suplements. Centrum is good and also I think is gluten-free and vegetarian? If not there certanly are vegetarian suplements in your market, I know they must exist since I have seen them here in Bananistan.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119244 on: December 31, 2020, 06:15:10 am »

Get some potatoes, they're full of vitamin C. Always store them in a dark breathable place. Also chilli flakes/paprika. Pretty sure even a tiny amount of that stuff has enough vitamin C and stores basically forever. Also makes your meals taste good :)

If you've got a freezer then the bags of mixed veg are always good for rounding out the nutrition. Even just steaming them with lemon or stir-frying with a bit of garlic or whatever. Or if you can't be bothered just directly into whatever one-pot stew you can think to make. :D

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119245 on: December 31, 2020, 06:40:35 am »

Lentils are pretty fucken dope. I cracked open one of the cans of 'em that had been sitting in the pantry for ages the other day.   
I always figured they were more of an, I don't know, advanced ingredient favoured by folks who know how to make proper curries or soups or whatever, but I just chucked them in where I'd normally have beans+chickpeas and it turned out good. Beans, chickpeas and lentils? Even better!   

As a balding man I take some comfort in knowing that there are now millions of more people going bald than there otherwise would have been
Thank you for this. How comforting.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119246 on: December 31, 2020, 07:01:01 am »

Lentils are awesome... I love them over beans cause you can cook them from dry in like 10 mins, no need to soak etc. Talking about the split red lentils specifically. Add a couple of onions, spices, a bit of bread and butter and you can live for weeks :D

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119247 on: December 31, 2020, 07:07:44 am »

Lentils with pork and onion is a heavenly stuff

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119248 on: December 31, 2020, 07:10:27 am »

Lentils with pork and onion is a heavenly stuff

A really popular soup here is 'ham and lentil' which traditionally uses a ham hock for the flavour and meat. I found you can make a really passable substitute with regular vegetable seasoning and smoked paprika though. Smoked paprika basically adds bacon flavour to anything.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119249 on: December 31, 2020, 09:09:48 am »

'Tis a new year.   

This one kinda sucked, and I can't see the next one being any less sucky any time soon.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 7948 7949 [7950] 7951 7952 ... 8159