Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4503 4504 [4505] 4506 4507 ... 8158

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8863085 times)

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #67560 on: November 14, 2013, 01:04:11 pm »

Recalling the days when my own immune system didn't hate my pancreas, while waiting for the insulin to kick in.  Remembering the career I built as a cook, back in the time when my skin would heal from burns and scalds, without taking a month of oozing first.

Fuckin' nostalgia; gets me every time.
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #67561 on: November 14, 2013, 02:58:45 pm »

What does she consider to be a decent uni? Because I think I've only seen you talk about Ivy Leagues, and, while they might be more prestigious, they don't necessarily offer a better education, and in some cases I think I've heard they can be much worse (lots of grade inflation).

Something top 50ish that she has heard of.

You could look at UCSD. They have an excellent computer science course and are quite highly rated. Plus, I know for a fact they have a decent number of foreign transfer students, so they might have some decent resources to aid with getting in/visas/whatnot.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67562 on: November 14, 2013, 03:00:31 pm »

I have never played a Phoenix Wright game. And I just lost most of my DS games to an unknown reason. And I don't really know if I can buy any that I like new. This sucks.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67563 on: November 14, 2013, 03:47:59 pm »

The group of people I'm rather close with seems to not have many topics for discussion during our meetings lately. Some of them plainly don't bother showing up anymore.

This results in a sad LordSlowpoke. I don't want them to drift away, of all people. What should I do...

Some kind of activities or structure to your get-togethers might help. Watch movies, eat at restaurants, visit neat shops around town, etc. Talk about things the group might like to do together, and make some plans. Some people (like me) aren't really talky when with friends, but they still like hanging out with other people.

If none of them have anything in common, to the point that no one has anything to say during meet-ups, it might be a harder relationship to maintain. That said, it's also possible that no one has anything they're talking about because either nothing of note has happened (in which case, its time to go do things together, and make memories), or because members of the group think no one else will be interested in what's going on in their lives, in which case a discussion of things individuals like to do can help resolve that mystery, and make people feel more comfortable around one another.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 03:49:39 pm by Solifuge »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67564 on: November 14, 2013, 05:02:04 pm »

Trap them all in your basement
they'll never leave again
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67565 on: November 14, 2013, 09:06:39 pm »

Sometimes being a NEET isn't a treat, even when you have meat and you've beat the heat. I want to perhaps get into some kind of work training or education opportunity by 2015 but at the same time I'm frightened and lacking confidence. Oh well, at least I have video games, caffeine and food for right now. That's something.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #67566 on: November 14, 2013, 09:37:41 pm »

Melbourne Uni is ranked higher than UNSW?
Actually on second thought it isn't that surprising. If there is one area in Australia proven to be of high intellectual caliber it is Melbourne.

Yeah, I was surprised too. Monash is part of the Group of Eight, and it's not too far behind Melbourne Uni.

A more recent employability poll actually puts us (Monash) first in Australia, given Melbourne's recent... Misadventures with their Engineering courses. We've also got an excellent IT department, and the uni seems at times to be almost half Asian overseas students, so we're clearly open to the concept.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Xazo-Tak

• Bay Watcher
  • *Camping forever*
    • View Profile
« Reply #67567 on: November 14, 2013, 09:57:58 pm »

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓬𝓪𝓷 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓼𝓮𝔁𝔂 𝓯𝓸𝓷𝓽 𝓭𝓾𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓸𝓯 𝓼𝓾𝓹𝓹𝓸𝓻𝓽.
How to have recursive Fun:
Have Fun
Reclaim fort
Destroy your main graveyard with a cave-in

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67568 on: November 14, 2013, 10:01:57 pm »

Your text is garbled garbage.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67569 on: November 14, 2013, 10:02:23 pm »

Your text is garbled garbage.
And that's with the font readable. Zing!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67570 on: November 14, 2013, 11:05:17 pm »

Finally finished my first draft of my last essay... it's not brilliant but it'll do. Meanwhile I have to catch up on my math work that I've let languish for too long.

I also just discovered that Sam Sweetmilk only reached 75% of their kickstarter goal, they're trying again with 75% of the goal, but since they have to gather all those pledges again, I'm not feeling all that optimistic about it.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67571 on: November 15, 2013, 01:31:34 am »

have you ever felt that you do not belong on this planet at all

this is what i feel right now. i want to go home except there's no home available other than the one i'm in and apparently it's not home enough since it's on the planet i don't belong on

maybe it's time to transcend reality? i have no clue as to how...

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #67572 on: November 15, 2013, 01:52:12 am »

this is what i feel right now. i want to go home except there's no home available other than the one i'm in and apparently it's not home enough since it's on the planet i don't belong on

I often feel like I was born in the wrong time. I feel like I would be fit in better in the later years of the Roman Empire, or maybe the Middle Ages. Who knows.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67573 on: November 15, 2013, 02:02:03 am »

Hmm. Yeah, I've felt this way, sometimes. But that dysphoria generally turned out to be a product of a shitty situation I was in without recognizing it (living with my family, not living life in a way that I was happy with, etc). Either that, or I found that the feeling faded when I was reminded of what an exciting and challenging time we're living in right now, with global communication, free access to information and culture, and the promise of newer and more powerful ways to put an end to human suffering.

And while all that's going on, I realize how important it is, no matter how crappy some things might look, to do everything I can to make the future non-shitty, leaving the situations and people I encounter better off than they were when I found them, and encouraging others to do the same. Which is basically what I'm trying to do right now!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67574 on: November 15, 2013, 02:14:49 am »

Yeah, I feel like that pretty much all the time.

What I realized, though, was that it wasn't so much important for me to "be home" so much as to "sail towards home."  As long as I'm "sailing towards home," I'm pretty happy.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 4503 4504 [4505] 4506 4507 ... 8158