Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1698726 times)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread -
« Reply #2460 on: February 03, 2010, 09:37:27 pm »

Not going to happen unless someone invests a great amount of time into memory research and porting. Let's say up to a month of dedicated effort. That person needs to know the Mac OS internals, programming and have some amount of cracking experience.
My original statement of "Of course not." stands.

You'd be better off getting a copy of Windows and using Bootcamp.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

LoneJedi7

• Bay Watcher
  • The CaKE is A LIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: February 03, 2010, 10:41:43 pm »

how do i go up and down z-levels on this?
ℍ!Ξ[/[Θ]![ℍ∑▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: February 03, 2010, 10:51:26 pm »

Page up and page down

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
« Reply #2463 on: February 04, 2010, 05:25:00 am »

Stonsense is awesome i just have to say, one quick question however, i would like to get started on making a graphics set, what are the lengths and widths of one character, because those elves be pretty tall  :o

You should check out some of the tutorials over on the DF wiki, they should get you started :)

@LegitMacgyver: We did experiment with those, and they sorta work yeah. Two things though: It was hard for me at the time (before I had help of some of these amazing artists) to draw spiral stairs. And also some people use stairs as a grand flight of stairs, in which case the half-assed rotation they do now sorta work better.

As for implementing with the DF UI, that's been discussed several times before, so in summation: It would be cool if Toady put in some "plugin hook" or something, but by no meas are we pressuring him to do this. It's his game, We like what he's done so far; We trust his judgment.

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: February 07, 2010, 06:57:14 am »

If you were looking for some Dwarf-diversion, be sure to check out the content pack Caldfir just uploaded last night over at the Content Repository.

He has made a staggering about of dwarf profession sprites, must be hundreds by my count. And they look fantastic! Be sure to note he says it's still a WIP though, but it looks very promising!

Caldfir's Dwarves

Spong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: February 07, 2010, 10:03:25 pm »

For some reason Stonesense shows all my constructed walls, ramps, stairs and floors the same grey colour but I've seen screenshots of wooden walls and similar - is there a setting I have to change to show the wall material?

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: February 08, 2010, 03:09:34 am »

For some reason Stonesense shows all my constructed walls, ramps, stairs and floors the same grey colour but I've seen screenshots of wooden walls and similar - is there a setting I have to change to show the wall material?

Some of the walls should have custom graphics by default, like wood or metal. If those don't work there's something wrong. As for ramps, awaiting the next release you could try this:
http://dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Utility:Stonesense/Content_repository#Additional_Ramps

Khalan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: February 08, 2010, 09:58:34 am »

... be sure to check out the content pack Caldfir just uploaded last night ...
Thanks for the heads up jonask, they do look great.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: February 08, 2010, 05:21:05 pm »

Looks like they're based on Jarathor's.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: February 10, 2010, 04:04:58 am »

I'm having a bit of trouble with the draw size. Despite continuing to set my Z size higher and higher (up from 20 to the current 150), it refuses to display more than 29 levels at once, so I can only see the bottommost tips of the stalactites I've carved from the lake, or the whole cluster of stalactites with mysterious empty space below them where the lake should be. I think I might be having the same issue with the XY size, as I've likewise slowly incremented it up to 100 without it showing very much to either side at all. Does any immediate solution present itself?

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: February 10, 2010, 05:25:27 am »

I'm having a bit of trouble with the draw size. Despite continuing to set my Z size higher and higher (up from 20 to the current 150), it refuses to display more than 29 levels at once, so I can only see the bottommost tips of the stalactites I've carved from the lake, or the whole cluster of stalactites with mysterious empty space below them where the lake should be. I think I might be having the same issue with the XY size, as I've likewise slowly incremented it up to 100 without it showing very much to either side at all. Does any immediate solution present itself?
There could be a hard-coded maximum, probably to prevent people misunderstanding and setting a ridiculous value (such as thinking it was pixels and doing 1600 or something). Any dev members able to comment?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: February 10, 2010, 05:46:57 am »

when stonesense reads the config file, is puts an arbitary limit of 30 Z levels. however, once it's running, you can use the 1 and 2 keys to increase it to your hearts content.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: February 10, 2010, 12:06:36 pm »

when stonesense reads the config file, is puts an arbitary limit of 30 Z levels. however, once it's running, you can use the 1 and 2 keys to increase it to your hearts content.

Ah! Exactly what I was looking for, thanks. I'll go drop some shots in the screenies thread later.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: February 11, 2010, 01:17:42 pm »

Is there a non SVN Download of the 40D17 Version out yet or do I need to wait a bit longer?

Spong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: February 11, 2010, 09:09:38 pm »

Some of the walls should have custom graphics by default, like wood or metal. If those don't work there's something wrong. As for ramps, awaiting the next release you could try this:
http://dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Utility:Stonesense/Content_repository#Additional_Ramps

I reinstalled and its working just fine now.

Also - I've recently developed a habit of constructing my forts out of Olivine which renders a nice dark green in VisualFortress and Khazad, any plans for more coloured walls in later versions of Stonesense?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 09:54:34 pm by Spong »
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 379