Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1696444 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread -
« Reply #3015 on: April 27, 2010, 01:19:15 pm »

@Askot Bokbondeler: Oh and for the record, I personally don't think the female dwarfs need beards.

What blasphemy!

therahedwig is correct. Female dwarves do *not* have beards in Vanilla DF. Therefore it is not blasphemy.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: April 27, 2010, 01:58:06 pm »

according to the most recent genetic investigations, dwarven women possess a beardy gene in their raw file, but this gene lost its brackets possibly due to a mutation and cannot function properly.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: April 27, 2010, 08:24:30 pm »

Yeah, interbreeding with elves will do funny things like that. In the old days, dwarves were real dwarves. Now it's all beardless this and can't-eat-rock-that.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: April 27, 2010, 09:43:48 pm »

Yeah, interbreeding with elves will do funny things like that. In the old days, dwarves were real dwarves. Now it's all beardless this and can't-eat-rock-that.

And can't bathe in booze while teetering near magma without your face melting off.

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: April 28, 2010, 06:06:10 am »

the new not official release simply crashes outright when i run it on my older windows xp computer. which makes me sad, ive been building away busily and i really want a visualizer compatible with the current version to get a look at what my structures look like.

any info i can provide that could he helpful for development here?

post the log, and try turning off opengl in the init.

what videocard do you have?

graphics card is some strange thing integrated on the motherboard. dxdiag lists it as "intel(R) 82865G graphics controller" which i have currently set to use 96mb in the bios. its an older agp motherboard that wont run the few old agp cards i have lying around.

im in the middle of an action packed fortress moment right now, but ill try disabling opengl later on tonight. i assume its in the init.txt? it also occurs to me that ive probably got partial print on, as it goes very slow on this pc without, so i can try getting rid of that too.

what error log do you want me to post? is it the one windows wants to send to microsoft, or is there a file that the visualizer dumps into? the microsoft one is big.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: April 28, 2010, 07:58:55 am »

you can disable the openGL in the init.txt of stonesense (not the DF one), and you can also disable image caching (also in the init.txt)

the log that I would need would be stonesense.log, in the stonesense directory.

Dark_Tundra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: April 28, 2010, 08:20:56 am »

FYI, the unofficial stonesense release doesn't seem to show up adamantine. Instead it shows the stone it would have been had adamantine not overridden.(veins and clusters continue)

(Looking forward to the official release of Slate)

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: April 28, 2010, 08:53:03 am »

FYI, the unofficial stonesense release doesn't seem to show up adamantine. Instead it shows the stone it would have been had adamantine not overridden.(veins and clusters continue)

(Looking forward to the official release of Slate)
It also shows molten rock as granite in the description.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Xzalander

• Bay Watcher
  • Flooding Forts Since 1402.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: April 28, 2010, 11:36:02 am »

Im running Phoebus 31.03 and when I try to run Stonesense alongside it it states (after pressing F9) "Could not find DF Process".

I've tried having it run on its own directory, sharing a directory with DF and it refuses. Any help available?
If someone is going to mess with my fort, they deserve to drown in poop.

Khalan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: April 28, 2010, 12:27:52 pm »

I assume you are running the unofficial 0.31 compatible release that was put out a few pages back?  The Stonesense version available in the first post isn't compatible, and the new version (Slate) hasn't been released yet.

Otherwise, try running both programs as admin, especially if you have one or both installed in the Program Files directory.  If it's not Windows folder protection, UAC, or DEP, it may be your anti-virus preventing dfhack from accessing dwarf fortress.  You could try adding the folders as exceptions to any real-time protection you have.  Hope that helps.

Xzalander

• Bay Watcher
  • Flooding Forts Since 1402.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: April 28, 2010, 12:45:49 pm »

Ok whats the latest version that is compatible with Stonesense? I'd rather work with Stonesense than force it to work with possible errors.
If someone is going to mess with my fort, they deserve to drown in poop.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: April 28, 2010, 01:24:30 pm »

Ok whats the latest version that is compatible with Stonesense? I'd rather work with Stonesense than force it to work with possible errors.
Official or unofficial?

Officially, 40d.

Unofficially, there is a post a page or so back with a link to download a version of Stonsense that works with the latest build but it has quirks of it's own.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: April 28, 2010, 02:58:34 pm »

Officially, 40d.

Unofficially, there is a post a page or so back with a link to download a version of Stonsense that works with the latest build but it has quirks of it's own.

some quirks like support for adamantine and colors of somke stones were corrected in last builds.
...dffd was updated.
2: Give RMs a gas syndrome that causes RMs only to breed profusely.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: April 28, 2010, 03:30:30 pm »

Officially, 40d.

some quirks like support for adamantine and colors of somke stones were corrected in last builds.
...dffd was updated.
Do you know if the "lockup" bug is still there?  (The one that crashes SS, causes DF to lock up until you relaunch SS then close it.)

I'm not at home...  :-X

FelixtheCats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Delve:DF blog
« Reply #3029 on: April 28, 2010, 10:01:02 pm »

Sorry to be a bother, but im a touch confused. Do I need alegro to run this? i tried running the unofficial release on the latest version of DF, but it crashed outright. Do I need to follow the instructions on the ON COMPILING readme, or should it work outright?

edit; turned off open gl in the init file, works now.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 10:18:28 pm by FelixtheCats »
Delve, tales from my fortress: http://lodestones.wordpress.com
Let me know what you think!
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 379