Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1698866 times)

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
Re: Stonesense - Official thread - New Version Out Now!
« Reply #3105 on: May 07, 2010, 02:28:11 am »

Any idea as to what may be wrong?

Hmm, that's a pretty strange one. I have to ask; did you try setting your language to English?

Also, when you say half the letters, do you mean every other letter? And are the ones that remain correct or just some random letter?

Off the top of my head you might want to check your encoding. I know some use more bytes per letter, but I thought this would be pretty standard and universal.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: May 07, 2010, 02:41:03 am »

ok i turned on verboose logging, removed df acel and turned off image caching, this is the log:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ASnogarD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: May 07, 2010, 06:48:41 am »

Is there a way , or a key I missed, to restart auto updating when it stops ? The stopping is random, initially I thought it was the seasonal saving option, but it doesnt always stop the auto updating, and other times it has stopped and there wasnt an event.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: May 07, 2010, 06:56:28 am »

Is there a way , or a key I missed, to restart auto updating when it stops ? The stopping is random, initially I thought it was the seasonal saving option, but it doesnt always stop the auto updating, and other times it has stopped and there wasnt an event.

Check out "dfunstuck.exe" in the Stonesense folder. Check, check it out, check it out now!
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

ASnogarD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: May 07, 2010, 07:01:40 am »

Thought the unstuck utility was for when Stonesense causes the DF game to freeze (which would cause you to lose unsaved work on that fort) ?

I mean when Stonesense stops automatically updating the image, not freezing... its easy enough to restart Stonesense but would be nice to have a ability to just tell Stonesense to auto update again.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: May 07, 2010, 07:11:11 am »

Thought the unstuck utility was for when Stonesense causes the DF game to freeze (which would cause you to lose unsaved work on that fort) ?

I mean when Stonesense stops automatically updating the image, not freezing... its easy enough to restart Stonesense but would be nice to have a ability to just tell Stonesense to auto update again.

Well, to quote the readme:

Quote from: Readme
IF Stonesense should at any time lock up, it might happen that DF freezes.
If this happens just kill of the Stonesense.exe process (if it didn't die on itself)
and use the dfunstuck.exe utility supplied with this distribution.

I guess this is the point where I bow out of the support process because I no longer have any idea what I'm talking about and it's late.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Marconius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: May 07, 2010, 08:57:03 am »

Any idea as to what may be wrong?

Hmm, that's a pretty strange one. I have to ask; did you try setting your language to English?

Also, when you say half the letters, do you mean every other letter? And are the ones that remain correct or just some random letter?

Off the top of my head you might want to check your encoding. I know some use more bytes per letter, but I thought this would be pretty standard and universal.

I tried setting my language for non-Unicode programs to English (US), it didn't make a difference.

No, I don't mean every other letter, it's just random letters all over the place. The ones that remain seem to be the correct ones, yes.

Here is a screenshot of the opening screen:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As for my encoding... what exactly do you mean by that? Or to be more precise, where exactly should I try checking/setting this?

Alu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: May 07, 2010, 11:04:19 am »

First off, Stonesense is working great so far!

Is there a way to make a map-screenshot? I kind of want to know, how my map looks in 3D :)
"He admired a wonderful Trap lately"

Jerkald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pixel Polish Games
« Reply #3113 on: May 07, 2010, 11:23:14 am »

Congratulations on the release and a 'good job' to the coders and spriters!

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: May 07, 2010, 11:47:14 am »

First off, Stonesense is working great so far!

Is there a way to make a map-screenshot? I kind of want to know, how my map looks in 3D :)

If you're using Windows, hold Alt and press Print Screen (may be shown as 'Prt Sc'). Then open up a graphics editing program (such as MS Paint) and Paste it in there. There's probably a similar equivalent for Macs, but I don't know it.

Marconius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: May 07, 2010, 11:50:51 am »

Actually according to the readme, there's a built-in screenshot button. Think it was F3...

Alu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: May 07, 2010, 01:02:52 pm »

Its F5 i think, but this isnt what i mean.
I want a screenshot of the whole map at once, or is this possible to view the whole map at once with stonesense?
"He admired a wonderful Trap lately"

FatedTemp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: May 07, 2010, 04:24:21 pm »

I want a screenshot of the whole map at once, or is this possible to view the whole map at once with stonesense?

Technically it should be possible right? If you set the Stonesense window size large enough to display your entire fort, and it actually runs, then the internal screenshot feature should take a picture of the entire Stonesense window even if that doesn't fit on your monitor ... possibly anyway. A small map would probably help though.

Also I don't think I've posted in this thread to say how great Stonesense is yet, so keep up the good work, it's looking better all the time.

dyze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: May 07, 2010, 04:28:49 pm »

someone was working on this at one point, cant remember who. try backtracking 50-100 pages or so  :P

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #3119 on: May 07, 2010, 05:12:15 pm »

It was most definitely Japa.
<3
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 379