Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1696487 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #4455 on: December 18, 2010, 09:34:39 am »

It is currently a problem with the .18 memory offsets.  Currently DFHack can't identify creatures, and because of that none of the DFHack based utilities can pull any creature information from the game.   

I imagine it's being worked on by the DFHack folks, but it's been awhile, so I'm guessing either the data is in some new format that is difficult to find, or the folks who usually did the creature offsets are gone.  It has pretty much neutered a number of utilities.  Fortunately stonesense still has most of it's functionality.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: December 19, 2010, 02:45:22 pm »

Silly technical question.  How can I get shots of the entire fortress?  When I did the Shift-F5 gig, it just gave me what the screen was focused on.  Thanks!  :D
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: December 19, 2010, 08:25:20 pm »

it's ctrl+f5, and you most likeley will have to change to the slow-as-all-hell software rendering.

SHiLLySiT

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: December 24, 2010, 05:03:26 pm »

After trying to run this three times, crashed my computer twice after pressing F9 and worked once. I assume this is because it officially supports an older version of DF and I am currently running the newest.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: December 24, 2010, 05:29:06 pm »

After trying to run this three times, crashed my computer twice after pressing F9 and worked once. I assume this is because it officially supports an older version of DF and I am currently running the newest.

If it's crashing your computer, you probably need to update your graphics drivers.

SHiLLySiT

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: December 27, 2010, 12:47:33 am »

Doh! Thanks. =]

If it's crashing your computer, you probably need to update your graphics drivers.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: December 27, 2010, 12:50:46 am »

After trying to run this three times, crashed my computer twice after pressing F9 and worked once. I assume this is because it

Dude I'm pretty sure you messed up your quotes...

officially supports an older version of DF and I am currently running the newest.

Doh! Thanks. =]

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: December 27, 2010, 04:28:25 am »

After trying to run this three times, crashed my computer twice after pressing F9 and worked once. I assume this is because it

officially supports an older version of DF and I am currently running the newest.

Doh! Thanks. =]

Oh the irony.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4463 on: December 27, 2010, 09:10:02 am »

Doh! Thanks. =]

I don't understand what is ironic about this.

Oh the irony.

SHiLLySiT

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: December 27, 2010, 02:08:25 pm »

Actually, after updating the drivers for my ATI video card, this utility still causes my computer to crash. I have no idea what the problem is here because it works sometimes.

[edit] Oh and i just noticed what I did above. OOPS! xD
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 02:10:07 pm by SHiLLySiT »

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: December 27, 2010, 06:35:56 pm »

It keeps happening!

Doh! Thanks. =]

I don't understand what is ironic about this.

Oh the irony.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #4466 on: December 28, 2010, 08:54:10 am »

I'm afraid I have to interupt al this derail with something more ontopic.

I'm trying my hand at making a slighty darker variation on the current tileset.
From spriting experience I know that there's two parts of a tileset that make the most difference: The water and the grass.
I changed the later.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm going to focus on the different ground types as I play the game, because changing stuff systematically seems like it would kill of my motivation.
I want to change the grass a bit more(it still tiles too much for me right now) and then I'll release at the least that here, so everyone can use it.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: December 28, 2010, 09:56:05 am »

Much love for the darker grass!
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4468 on: December 28, 2010, 10:01:52 am »

you should know that dark tundra is doing something similar, though he's been inactive recently.

also, this document may be helpful:

http://code.google.com/p/stonesense/source/browse/trunk/Sprite%20Guide.txt

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: December 28, 2010, 10:03:22 am »

I do prefer the darker grass, too!
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 379