Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1698620 times)

schplat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread - Now 31.21 compatible
« Reply #5070 on: June 11, 2011, 08:09:22 pm »

What does dmesg say about the segfault?  Should give you a library where it crashes.  If peterix, or whomever wants to work on it, they may also want an strace (I'll leave that to them).  I wish I had better coding chops, but much of this is over my head.  I can compile most anything (comes from days as a Solaris admin 15 years ago), and aside from maybe tweaking small amounts of code, tracking this one down and fixing it is beyond me.

If you're getting the .ttf can't be loaded error, do a 'cd ~/stonesense && ./stonesense &' (no quotes) from there.  I was able to replicate that, it's a PATH issue, I forgot I do some funky PATH stuff =P.

Maybe I'll see what it takes to compile on a Mac.  Dunno if I'm THAT masochistic though.  Plus, I think the memory stuff is WAY different anyways.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5071 on: June 11, 2011, 08:21:50 pm »

The dmseg results for several attempts to run stonesense are below.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hopefully thats what you were looking for.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #5072 on: June 12, 2011, 05:13:26 am »

Well, some crappy security thing is getting in the way. Stupid distros disabling ptrace with no way to whitelist apps.

Grab the dfhack Ubuntu .deb package - it has some magical anti-Ubuntu-stupid bits that will turn ptrace on again.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5073 on: June 12, 2011, 07:47:02 pm »

Well, some crappy security thing is getting in the way. Stupid distros disabling ptrace with no way to whitelist apps.

Grab the dfhack Ubuntu .deb package - it has some magical anti-Ubuntu-stupid bits that will turn ptrace on again.
I did that.  Now it works.
The first prototype of my dining room design, complete with leaking waterfalls and gold furniture.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 07:49:25 pm by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Evaristo Carriego

• Bay Watcher
  • Gelder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5074 on: June 15, 2011, 02:42:55 pm »

How do I "install" this? There's no explanation on the OP, the wiki's article or their code.google site. Unzipping it in my DF directory and running the .exe doesn't work.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5075 on: June 15, 2011, 02:50:58 pm »

step one: unszip it literally anywhere.

step two: save the memory.xml linked in the first post into the stonesense directory, over-writing the existing one.

step three: load a fort.

step four: run stonesense.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #5076 on: June 15, 2011, 03:54:01 pm »

Will this work with the latest version .25? And if not will it be updated to work with this version?
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5077 on: June 15, 2011, 04:00:11 pm »

It will work.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Evaristo Carriego

• Bay Watcher
  • Gelder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5078 on: June 15, 2011, 05:05:27 pm »

step one: unszip it literally anywhere.

step two: save the memory.xml linked in the first post into the stonesense directory, over-writing the existing one.

step three: load a fort.

step four: run stonesense.

Changed the .xml, still not working. I'm getting a setconfig error.

This is with .25 and 2.3, if that helps.

crazz2323

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5079 on: June 16, 2011, 04:51:40 pm »

This looks pretty neat but has this project been dropped? Been a while since DF 31.25 came out in March. Why is Stonesense not compatible by now? Just for fun, I tried copying the current xml as instructed but no luck Stonesense stopped responding. Too bad looked cool.

nomad_delta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5080 on: June 16, 2011, 09:23:48 pm »

I can confirm that the current version of Stonesense works on my DF 31.25 install after downloading and replacing the updated Memory.XML from the first post.

Edit: Proofs! http://i.imgur.com/nXaif.jpg

--nomad_delta
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 09:31:50 pm by nomad_delta »

Dark_Tundra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5081 on: June 17, 2011, 01:45:14 am »

This looks pretty neat but has this project been dropped? Been a while since DF 31.25 came out in March. Why is Stonesense not compatible by now? Just for fun, I tried copying the current xml as instructed but no luck Stonesense stopped responding. Too bad looked cool.

Usually, in my experience, stonesense not responding comes from successfully finding a DF process, but not actually having a fort loaded in dwarf fortress.

The fix being to load a fort in dwarf fortress before asking stonesense to draw the current fort.

I apologise if I have misinterpreted you. If this is not your problem, perhaps more information would help fix it.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5082 on: June 17, 2011, 02:33:36 pm »

I've started working on Stonesense Felsite. it will be a rather different affair.

MariusD

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5083 on: June 17, 2011, 02:57:13 pm »

Hi all Im trying to get stonesense to work on opensuse 11.3. I think im almost there (compiled the source, allegro, dfhack etc) but get a segmentation error when trying to actually run the compiled binary. I'm using the latest source directly from the repositories for stonesense and dfhack together with dwarf fortress 0.31.25:

Stonesense itself only displays the message Segmentation Fault but running dmesg reveals the a similar error as experienced in reply #5081:

(4 attempts of running stonesense)

So the problem seems to have something to do with the dfhack library. I see there is already a solution for this for ubuntu users as quoted below:

However since I use Opensuse I was wondering if there is a way to patch the source manually or some other fix without installing a precompiled package? Thanks :)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5084 on: June 17, 2011, 04:27:36 pm »

Felsite huh?

I'm guessing it will take advantage of that new integrated into DF DFHack stuff?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 379