Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1698791 times)

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread - Now 31.21 compatible
« Reply #5250 on: October 19, 2011, 01:51:58 am »

The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #5251 on: October 19, 2011, 07:44:44 am »

Why are there flying donkeys!?
Bugs.
It's mules. For some reason, the game has invisible mules floating around. I have no idea why... I guess we'll have to find out what makes them invisible in the game eventually. For now, enjoy the weirdness :)

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #5252 on: October 19, 2011, 10:11:02 am »

Those are Armok's spy satellites.
<3

Aisher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5253 on: October 25, 2011, 09:09:56 pm »

If the application fails to launch (version 2.1 only) ("The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002)"), you might be missing some runtimes. This should really only happen if Windows update hasn't run in ages or for any other reason is many years outdated. You can try downloading the Visual Studio runtimes from Microsoft:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (2.6MB)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (2.6MB)
NB! Some people have noted that the second package works better from this source, put up by

Actually it worked for me only after i install this one -
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=14431
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package ATL Security Update

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5254 on: October 30, 2011, 10:36:13 pm »

Got an odd new bug for you.  It seems terrain that is inside or underground and more than 2 z-levels tall dissapears. When viewed from more than 1 z-level up.

It's hard to explain but here's an example.  My current fortress, with a roof under construction.

Still love the return of full embark screenshots though, I missed that.  Thanks Japa! :)

P.S. This is the version that was recently released with the new DFHack
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5255 on: October 30, 2011, 10:43:59 pm »

yeah, I made stonesense skip anything that's occluded behind other stuff, but I didn't do a good job with it, so it's overzealous.

Just press 'o' to get them back.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5256 on: October 30, 2011, 10:46:34 pm »

Ah, that also explains why it's so much faster too then.  Thanks. :D
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5257 on: October 31, 2011, 05:23:13 pm »

The whole fortress screenshot is not getting my whole fortress. 
Could it be because it is a (if I remember correctely) 4x3 embark?
Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 06:02:26 pm by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5258 on: October 31, 2011, 09:06:40 pm »

yay! bugs I can actually fix!

That's going on my todo list.

flamewolf393

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense is unusable for me
« Reply #5259 on: November 05, 2011, 10:13:31 pm »

It says connecting to Dwarf Fortress, and not only does it not do anything after that, it then lags my computer so badly that the only thing that works is the mouse (and that barely). Even ctr-alt-del is not working. I had to hard power my laptop, which as we all know is a terrible thing for a laptop. wtf is going on and how do I fix it, because I was really looking forward to using it.

flamewolf393

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5260 on: November 05, 2011, 11:26:39 pm »

After a full reboot, I decided to try it a second time just in case, and though it did not crash my computer this time, it just sat there on "trying to connect" until it crashed after about 2 minutes.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #5261 on: November 05, 2011, 11:37:38 pm »

It says connecting to Dwarf Fortress, and not only does it not do anything after that, it then lags my computer so badly that the only thing that works is the mouse (and that barely). Even ctr-alt-del is not working. I had to hard power my laptop, which as we all know is a terrible thing for a laptop. wtf is going on and how do I fix it, because I was really looking forward to using it.
Well. Whatever version you have is pretty old. You can try fixing it by getting an update memory.xml file: https://github.com/peterix/dfhack/raw/legacy/Memory.xml (save as, rewrite the original one)

Alternatively, you can get the current DFHack release, which includes a much newer version of Stonesense along with a lot of other stuff.

flamewolf393

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5262 on: November 06, 2011, 12:51:23 am »

Well. Whatever version you have is pretty old. You can try fixing it by getting an update memory.xml file: https://github.com/peterix/dfhack/raw/legacy/Memory.xml (save as, rewrite the original one)

Alternatively, you can get the current DFHack release, which includes a much newer version of Stonesense along with a lot of other stuff.

Its not an old version, I literally just downloaded it yesterday from the link at the top of this forum. And when I click on the link you just gave me for the memory file, it does not download anything, it just brings up a new tab with a few hundred lines of programming code or html or something.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5263 on: November 06, 2011, 12:57:01 am »

That link at the beginning of this thread IS the old version.

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5264 on: November 06, 2011, 04:42:05 am »

Right click, save as.
At last, she is done.
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 379