Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1696488 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #5475 on: March 12, 2012, 03:13:03 pm »

That may be so, but it's been disabled again.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5476 on: March 12, 2012, 07:13:10 pm »

ah my bad.  Must have missed that.  Need to remember that recent use does not necessarily mean it was the most recent version.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5477 on: March 13, 2012, 01:36:08 am »

In this case, I think it's the yet to be released version in which it' disabled.

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5478 on: March 13, 2012, 03:40:47 am »

Quote from: Toady One
Next up I'm going to mess around with clothing a bit. There are a few obstacles to getting them to pick up clothes, and I've fixed the easy one. I stopped people with injuries from obsessing forever over unusable objects, but I want to make that better so that they don't think about them at all after one initial check. Getting it all to work together with uniforms, current inventory, injuries, available items, modded bodies and layering restrictions is always tricky, but that's the project. I'm also going to handle owned items that just sit out on the floor forever and deal with damaged clothing.

Yes. 
Hell yes.
Spoiler: Hell F**king Yes. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 10:19:22 am by Caldfir »
where is up?

Rushmik

• Bay Watcher
  • Militia? Oh, you mean *serrated steel discs*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5479 on: March 13, 2012, 04:32:21 am »

Caldfir you are a legend. :o

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5480 on: March 13, 2012, 06:25:31 am »

gah, the picture isn't loading, what did he dooo?

also: Japa, is there some sort of toggle to turn on creature debug info in the dev version, it shows up only sporadically it seems O_o

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5481 on: March 13, 2012, 06:56:30 am »

Quote from: Toady One
Next up I'm going to mess around with clothing a bit. There are a few obstacles to getting them to pick up clothes, and I've fixed the easy one. I stopped people with injuries from obsessing forever over unusable objects, but I want to make that better so that they don't think about them at all after one initial check. Getting it all to work together with uniforms, current inventory, injuries, available items, modded bodies and layering restrictions is always tricky, but that's the project. I'm also going to handle owned items that just sit out on the floor forever and deal with damaged clothing.

Yes. 
Hell yes.
Spoiler: Hell F**king Yes. (click to show/hide)
Fixed that for you.

gah, the picture isn't loading, what did he dooo?

also: Japa, is there some sort of toggle to turn on creature debug info in the dev version, it shows up only sporadically it seems O_o

It only shows up when you either press v in DF, or when you press u, and then c on a creature.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5482 on: March 13, 2012, 06:59:49 am »

thaaaat explains it! cheers!

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5483 on: March 15, 2012, 01:17:43 pm »

Im having some problems with the custom buildings.
Specifically my appletree building crash the everloving daylights out of Stonesense...
Is there any way i can get stonesense to draw a simple sprite for a specific building instead of using the fancy automatic tiling? I think it doesn't like me using '|' for the treetrunk.

I tried making an XML file and just leaving it blank after the <building blahblah/>, but that didn't seem to do anything.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5484 on: March 15, 2012, 01:49:51 pm »

um... what do you mean by automatic tiling?

and what do you mean by |? stonesense doesn't show letters.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5485 on: March 15, 2012, 02:38:37 pm »

Sorry to have walked into this thread a few pages back, expressed some interest in things, then disappeared, but I've sort of gotten myself entangled in a dozen other projects, and so I got distracted.

Something I wanted to try out regarding layers of images so as to make a single "dwarf graphic" display both clothing as it actually exists and still display jobs, however, was an idea to make an abstract "job badge" that sits in the top left corner of the character icon. 

The idea was to make it a 8x8 pixel block that uses color fields symbolically to convey profession.  So, a 4x8 bottom block could be brown to designate farmers, and then you could have some other color combination to represent different sub-farmer professions. 

Soldiers could instead use shield-shaped icons.

A little mock-up I threw together using that goblin posted earlier:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I probably should put a border around those, however :P

Also, trying to make any sort of graphic image that isn't just a field of color seems to be a bad idea in 8x8 pixels, so that sword shouldn't be there.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5486 on: March 15, 2012, 04:45:31 pm »

Something I wanted to try out regarding layers of images so as to make a single "dwarf graphic" display both clothing as it actually exists and still display jobs, however, was an idea to make an abstract "job badge" that sits in the top left corner of the character icon. 

The idea was to make it a 8x8 pixel block that uses color fields symbolically to convey profession.  So, a 4x8 bottom block could be brown to designate farmers, and then you could have some other color combination to represent different sub-farmer professions. 

Soldiers could instead use shield-shaped icons.

A little mock-up I threw together using that goblin posted earlier:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I probably should put a border around those, however :P

Also, trying to make any sort of graphic image that isn't just a field of color seems to be a bad idea in 8x8 pixels, so that sword shouldn't be there.

I was actually thinking the same thing regarding my large-format dwarf sprites.  It occurred to me that Stonesense already uses status icons, and something similar might be tacked on using the same system.  That way you don't have to worry about including them in every sprite of everything you make, you would be able to toggle them on or off, and they would be visible regardless of zooming in/out. 

Someone would still need to make some unambiguous job icons though...
where is up?

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5487 on: March 15, 2012, 04:48:28 pm »

Stonesense seems to automagically build workshops from their in-game tile, at least all my other custom buildings show up in stonesense without trouble.. The Appletree tho, crashes as soon as it swaps from the second to third build phase ( when the tile '|' is introduced)

Btw, caldfir, those sprites are looking awesome!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 04:50:03 pm by Sorcerer »

EmilAFN

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5488 on: March 15, 2012, 05:33:33 pm »

Who are the Devs for this mod/visualizer? and is it compatible for 34.02? (there's over 300 pages, It'll take ages to look though them all)

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5489 on: March 15, 2012, 10:10:33 pm »

Who are the Devs for this mod/visualizer? and is it compatible for 34.02? (there's over 300 pages, It'll take ages to look though them all)
Pity you didn't look at the OP...

Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 379