Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I am an out-of-date poll.

I am an unclickable option.
I am also that.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27

Author Topic: Dominions 3: PBEM Game  (Read 51559 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3: PBEM Game
« Reply #315 on: December 17, 2009, 05:05:21 pm »

In regards to the latest battle in Sulphur Springs, let me simply say: ouch.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 17, 2009, 08:23:26 pm »

In regards to the latest battle in Sulphur Springs, let me simply say: ouch.
Oh, come on. SCs don't work anymore against anything more than pd and some basic armies. That was a waste of gems. Next time you're going to throw all that resources away, give them to charity.
(Niefelheim's Elderly Soulless Care - call: 999-666-NIEFEL)

Of Course you'd say that you're third...
I for one am not afraid to admit that I'm the leading force in the game. Markatas and deep ones alike tremble at the sound of Dogmeat's name. I'm the best. I rule. There, now you know the truth.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 17, 2009, 09:25:13 pm »

It wasn't a total waste; before meeting his grim fate, he recaptured 2-3 provinces and weathered 5-7 mind hunts...

[Not to say all those gems couldn't have been put to better use, obviously. In fact, had he been engaged in proper thuggery rather than entertaining foolhardy notions of supercombatanthood, his end could likely have been averted. Alas, hindsight, hindsight...]
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 10:14:34 pm by E. Albright »

slMagnvox

• Bay Watcher
  • Attend Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 18, 2009, 01:23:41 am »

Gifts from Heaven is a particularly deadly spell.  When it manages to actually hit its intended target.  I laughed when it landed right on your Deep One's face.

Speaking of unwavering Non aggression pacts, is there any Atlantis vs Neifelheim combat my scouts haven't discovered?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 18, 2009, 01:41:12 am »

We've had a border clash or two, and they took one of my forts, if that's what you're asking. In fact, we fought just this last turn.

(I'm inclined to wonder if GfH's abysmal accuracy was helped along by my brilliant decision to stick my Basalt King in the absolute corner; i.e., where there was that many less squares for the meteors to deviate into. It also could just be my exquisite luck.)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 01:48:28 am by E. Albright »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 18, 2009, 09:57:32 am »

I've got a few questions:
1. Mind hunt - the spell description isn't exhaustive enough, for one, how does that "astral cord which can be severed"(or somesuch) exactly works?
2. Is there a way of protecting your troops from "gifts from heaven"?
3. Is there an item which increases map movement speed?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 18, 2009, 12:54:21 pm »

• Per the wiki, there's a 40% chance per level of the highest-level for hostile astral mages in the target province to detect and (irresistibly) feeblemind you. Per experience, the feeblemind check happens before the target makes its resistance roll, so a level 3 astral mage will completely and painfully protect any province they reside in.
  • Keep them spread out and make burnt offerings to Are'enn'gee. If one goes in for the dramatic, darkness or blinding potential casters would also help. Or for the extremely proactive, go for the universal solution and just kill potential casters (magic duel is obviously a good choice to pick the buggers out if your caster's got the goods, or you've got expendable casters and pearls).
  • For a commander, Winged Shoes or the Boots of the Planes. For armies, Flying Carpets or the Gate Stone.

[edit: curiosity inspired quick experimentation, which led to the conclusion that each astral mage gets to try to feeblemind all attackers, not just the highest-level one. This means that 3 level ones are about as good as 1 level two, and once you get up to 6 level ones, it's effectively almost as good as a level three.]
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 01:36:38 pm by E. Albright »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 19, 2009, 08:18:54 am »

I was hoping there was a non-unique item that simply increased map movement by a couple points. Oh well.
As for the gifts from heaven - body etheral and luck should still work, right? How about high defence stat? Can one dodge the stuff?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 19, 2009, 02:33:05 pm »

I don't think defense helps, and ethereal probably doesn't since it's a spell. Lucky, though, probably would.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 19, 2009, 03:29:30 pm »

Ho hum! Epic battles abound, suicidal charges and cowardly retreats! Enemy at the gates, tensions between allies arise, many heroes die and some live(i.e.Dag & Frode). Tales of forbidden love and broken hearts, magic items lost and found, innocent virgins harvested and slaughtered for the greater glory of God! Indeed, it's interesting times we're all living in.
-Angerboda's response to Tjatse's question: "Wazzup?"

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 20, 2009, 06:27:15 pm »

Spoiler: Yo. (click to show/hide)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 20, 2009, 10:28:48 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 20, 2009, 10:36:59 pm »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 21, 2009, 02:00:12 am »

EDIT:

Spoiler: Addendum (click to show/hide)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 23, 2009, 12:25:47 am »

Eep! Had some technical difficulties. Like, my comp died messily. I surgically extracted its hard disk and can for the moment continue the game, but my stopgap solution may at some point become untenable. Ye have been warned.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27