Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 472 473 [474] 475 476 ... 987

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1593646 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! Hi from the land of gender-ambiguity!
« Reply #7095 on: May 23, 2013, 07:01:16 pm »

Congratulations on graduating Vector! Apparently you're studying law, good luck in the field!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7096 on: May 23, 2013, 07:23:14 pm »

Nooooo

I'm studying math D:  But my tassel is in my school's colors.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7097 on: May 23, 2013, 08:39:06 pm »

I have worker's hands; short, broad, boney, and dense. Makes playing instruments and doing detailed traditional art kinda hard... but they're good for climbing and sculpture! The rest of my body follows suit... feet are too wide to fit in most shoes, and the rest of me is about as dense, boney, and indelicate.

Honestly, my joints have been known to worry doctors and nurses; they ask if they were always that big (they've been that way since my teens), if they hurt (they don't), etc. One has suggested they might have been caused by acromegaly, but recent bloodwork hasn't indicated the usual signs.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7098 on: May 23, 2013, 10:03:24 pm »

Thing is, Soli, the other symptom of acromegaly is over-sized chin, which from previous photos you clearly don't have.

Okay, my hand time.

See the pale pale skin with the ring. See the scarring (can you see the scarring)?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7099 on: May 23, 2013, 10:43:10 pm »

Nooooo

I'm studying math D:  But my tassel is in my school's colors.
I think it's the appropriate tassel anyway for most countries. Plus I'm pretty sure Tassel colour's isn't a very common thing in most of the world.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7100 on: May 23, 2013, 10:45:37 pm »

You still look like Sigourney Weaver, Vector.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7101 on: May 23, 2013, 11:00:20 pm »

As badass as it might seem to look like Ripley, I'm really not seeing the likeness.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7102 on: May 24, 2013, 12:34:42 am »

Vector, you have a tiny dad, I just want you to know that.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7103 on: May 24, 2013, 12:55:32 am »

Vector, you have a tiny dad, I just want you to know that.

Yeah, he's 61 and he's shrunk a lot over the past few years :-\  Started off small, got smaller.

I'm going to be a tiny old mathematician one day too, I guess.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7104 on: May 24, 2013, 01:02:21 am »

Just don't let Janet know. She might try to stick you in her pocket.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7105 on: May 24, 2013, 01:04:24 am »

Pocket mathematicians! Genius! They'll easily beat out those ruddy old calculators!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7106 on: May 24, 2013, 02:28:22 am »

Pocket mathematicians! Genius! They'll easily beat out those ruddy old calculators!
This made me chuckle.  :) And now I want one.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7107 on: May 24, 2013, 07:59:19 am »

Ok so apparently I am kind of short for bay12 standard, at 5 foot 9 inches. I think. Fuck imperial, it is 175 cm, anything else is incorrect. Also 55 kg.
That is 121 pounds or 8.6 stone.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7108 on: May 24, 2013, 01:11:50 pm »

Not really.  Just be gentle with the comb, don't tear out snags. Don't comb fast, and don't comb when wet.

Try to change shampoos every month on a rotation. Using the same shampoo too long builds up goop on the hair strand. Every so often, rinse with white vinegar, and leave in, especially if you have hard water. (Maybe every 2 months.) Braid the hair before bedtime.

Most hair related problems are due to breakage from improper combing, or sleeping on it, or from buildup on the hair shaft. (For women, heat related styling does additional damage, as does colorants and treatments.) 

It isn't hard to comb the hair out before bed and put it in a braid. It will be easier to wash and comb in the mornings too. For "very best" results, wash hair only in cold water, but that's no fun.

Washing too often can lead to issues with brittle/fried hair as well. I wash mine every other day, or every 3rd day, depending on how oily it is. (My "rockstar" pic has fried hair, I know. LOL. It gets that way on washing day!)

If you want volume, wet curl, then pick. Avoid heat.

Geeze, now I sound like a male hair dresser. Blah! LOL

Your hair is so awesome-looking that I might just have to pay attention to (at least some of) this advice. :D
My hair is freaking awful. But I'm not prepared to cut it. So, I'm thinking I should really do something about how horribly tangled it generally is. Oh and I've wanted to learn to braid hair myself for years... even if not for practical purposes, I like having a braid or two.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 01:23:09 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7109 on: May 24, 2013, 01:14:07 pm »

Not really.  Just be gentle with the comb, don't tear out snags. Don't comb fast, and don't comb when wet.

Try to change shampoos every month on a rotation. Using the same shampoo too long builds up goop on the hair strand. Every so often, rinse with white vinegar, and leave in, especially if you have hard water. (Maybe every 2 months.) Braid the hair before bedtime.

Most hair related problems are due to breakage from improper combing, or sleeping on it, or from buildup on the hair shaft. (For women, heat related styling does additional damage, as does colorants and treatments.) 

It isn't hard to comb the hair out before bed and put it in a braid. It will be easier to wash and comb in the mornings too. For "very best" results, wash hair only in cold water, but that's no fun.

Washing too often can lead to issues with brittle/fried hair as well. I wash mine every other day, or every 3rd day, depending on how oily it is. (My "rockstar" pic has fried hair, I know. LOL. It gets that way on washing day!)

If you want volume, wet curl, then pick. Avoid heat.

Geeze, now I sound like a male hair dresser. Blah! LOL

Your hair is so awesome-looking that I might just have to pay attention to (at least some of) this advice. :D
My hair is freaking awful. But I'm not prepared to cut it. So, I'm thinking I should really do something about how horribly tangled it generally is. Oh and I've wanted to learn to braid hair myself for years... even if not for practical purposes, I like having a braid or two.

Broken image link.
Pages: 1 ... 472 473 [474] 475 476 ... 987