Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 861 862 [863] 864 865 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2040460 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #12930 on: August 24, 2016, 05:08:25 pm »

The mead hall has 22 dorfs in it, two stories, massive empty rooms, .74 gb of ram used.

I was able to get close enough to see the sense creature icons for five of the houses, ram went up to 3.25 gb.

I've never seen something so horrific. There must be tens of thousands of dwarves in that little animation, counting the buildings in the site export gives a rough guess of 9000 per building, so we're talking nearly a thousand per tile in some of those.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12931 on: August 24, 2016, 05:42:30 pm »

That's a whole lot of babies being made.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12932 on: August 24, 2016, 05:48:10 pm »

Which makes it even more horrific, thank you.

Ganb

• Bay Watcher
  • Beast Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12933 on: August 24, 2016, 08:37:41 pm »

Dwarven lands are crumbling, undead roam the land, elves have declared war. Something must be done.
Led a crusade of 12 drunks armed with scavenged weapons against a solitary tower in the center of the island.
Fierce battle, hacked as many as 11 necromancers heads off.

Gathered up all their books in my backpack and headed to the magma sea.
Dismiss companions, "It is for the best." For the good of all dwarf kind.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You need to find the most exotic animal pet you can, and then breed a war party of them. Have a beastmaster as your only guardian, wrapped in adamantium with a platinum war hammer that is backed by savage giant beasts from around the world.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12934 on: August 25, 2016, 12:18:35 am »

Couldn't you have just tossed the backpack in?

I mean, very dorfy. But are there not other evils that need smiting?

I tried generating a new world tonight. I've been having all sorts of trouble with the names of noble positions not being displayed, I can't seem to get them to cooperate. The nobles show up, they seem to have taken their proper positions, but they have no title. No "lord" or "lady" just blank space. And then the game just decided to vanish into the aether while generating a world that looked pretty interesting.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 12:21:52 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12935 on: August 25, 2016, 05:24:17 pm »

I appear to be easily stumped by something as simple as probably-a-hatch-cover at the top of goblin tower stairwells. Hmm.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12936 on: August 25, 2016, 06:28:52 pm »

Yeah, those things are annoying. You have to alt+move through the ramp beneath them in order to get through.

Tried an adventurer last night and I got distracted by the fact all of the land holder and high nobility (monarchs and such) postions for my vutchnell entities aren't displaying their titles. It's infuriating! I can't stop until I solve this issue.
I make Spellcrafts!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12937 on: August 25, 2016, 08:35:16 pm »

So, been a while. Started mucking about with a new idea for Adventurecraft. Let's just say that making a civilization have ALL_MAIN as a valid biome...bad idea. Cave fish man started in the middle of the ocean, at a non-existent town.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 12:52:00 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12938 on: August 26, 2016, 12:31:20 am »

Any_land doesn't include oceans, though. Did you use all_main? That one includes oceans.
I make Spellcrafts!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12939 on: August 26, 2016, 12:51:28 am »

Yeah, I'm a derp. It was ALL_MAIN I used. Either way, it was the one I knew would cause absurdity.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12940 on: August 26, 2016, 12:51:35 pm »

Sigh.. Got killed by a bogeyman inside a civic mound with four other dwarfs sleeping soundly.  I'm not sure how it happened.

Basically, I wandered down to a group of hillocks.  The first one was deserted, but I found a goblin commander in the deserted civic mound.  He was unarmed, so my travelling companion dispatched him quickly.  We moved on to the next hillock which was apparently occupied.  Aha! I thought.  It must be the goblins.  So I offered to help with an insurrection.  The drunk I was talking to quickly agreed (as drunks do) and we set off.  We didn't get 10 steps, though, when he wandered off.  I looked at our agreement and apparently it was satisfied.  The occupation was overthrown....

We wandered to the next hillock and noticed an encampment of sleeping humans.... Odd... there were no rumours of armies...  At this point I decided to head off to the neighbouring goblin pit.  But there was no pit... just trenches... also odd.  So we made our way back to yet another hillock when I discovered that my companion was missing.  I made an attempt to find him, but he had just vanished.

I made it back to the hillock before dark and started telling stories of all the neighbouring hillocks to try to piece together what was going on.  It seems that the hillocks were all conquered by the goblins in about year 30 (it was now 252).  At the same time they started on the pit that I had explored (er... found to be missing).  It seems that just prior to construction they were wiped out by a titan.  At least one mystery solved.  The goblins continued living in the dwarven hillocks until one month before I arrived.  At that point the humans wiped them out (which was probably the sleeping army I discovered).  I'm not sure why their occupation failed, but I suppose it's possible that I scuppered it (by doing nothing...)

Anyway, I asked to stay the night, thinking I would go back to look for my companion the next morning.  But half way through the night I was awakened by cackling.  WTF!?  A single (?) bogeyman was inside the civic mound with me and the 4 other residents.  The 4 residents continued sleeping (thanks guys!) and I was no match for the bogey man.  Thus ended my adventure.

I'm not sure if it's a bug, or if some weird political upheaval caused the civic mound to be deserted at the exact time I was there. Anyway, this is part experiment to run a fortress and go out and explore every year in adventure mode.  So I will definitely be sending someone back there next year to see what's going on.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12941 on: August 26, 2016, 07:15:12 pm »

So, yet again I lose a companion. A serpent woman this time. I was experimenting with adding surface-dwelling equivalents to the underground peoples, along with some other modding experiments. So we venture up to a bandit camp, and catch them in the middle of the night. Slaughtered them all with ease.

On the way back, once dawn broke, we encountered...a dragon! Okay, technically a lesser dragon. No firebreathing, but able to fly and more common. I somehow avoided getting mauled, but my blowgunner ally got her limbs torn off, one by one.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12942 on: August 26, 2016, 07:36:43 pm »

Dwarven lands are crumbling, undead roam the land, elves have declared war. Something must be done.
Led a crusade of 12 drunks armed with scavenged weapons against a solitary tower in the center of the island.
Fierce battle, hacked as many as 11 necromancers heads off.

Gathered up all their books in my backpack and headed to the magma sea.
Dismiss companions, "It is for the best." For the good of all dwarf kind.
(T2 Music plays)

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12943 on: August 26, 2016, 11:33:34 pm »

At last, my derping about today seems to have paid off. Hunting lesser dragons as a village-dwelling reptile man. Only annoyance is the animal-people civilization can still grow enough to develop towns, not to mention mead halls.

EDIT: And naturally, playing defensively around a durgon gets my companion killed. D:

EDIT 2: And thus, my adventure met a violent end. Next mission was to go hunt a legit dragon, fire-breathing and all. So I ventured in and managed to do a fine job of hobbling it, bleeding it out slowly. The fight got a bit more frantic once we took it outside, as I struggled to not linger in the grass too long. Strangely, my wooden shield never seemed to suffer from blocking dragonfire.

Then...I just up and melt, after no sign of damage, nothing on fire, and while standing on sand.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 12:09:24 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12944 on: August 27, 2016, 12:44:24 am »

Ahahahahahhh !! I finally did it ! :P

Now, back to gen. a new world because this one is now boring !
How many time you spend to it?
Pages: 1 ... 861 862 [863] 864 865 ... 1104