Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38

Author Topic: Cavebrands  (Read 66574 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cavebrands
« Reply #150 on: April 26, 2010, 09:00:37 am »

This entire thread is a spoiler.
Also, remind me, why do you want to specialize in a skill that fires huge bolts that glance off leather? I really doubt you'd have the resources to give it steel or even adamantine arrow heads.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 26, 2010, 09:05:32 am »

Yes, but it's only supposed to be what we find ourselves; Kagus said info is allowed if people have discovered it in-game, but, well, you can't discover that in-game.
Also you would have to discover that
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
outside the game, because we haven't tested that in-game, I believe.
In any case, they do? Under what circumstances? I guess catapults would be better then, if all bolts do. Er, didn't we have some adamantine, by the way? It only takes a single one, and we can use it all we like until we get the finances to get more.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 26, 2010, 09:20:59 am »

Eztuzt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 26, 2010, 04:09:02 pm »

Alright, just got home and will be starting soon. I've got little under an hour before baseball practice so I probably won't get anything done aside from reading the notes and a little bit of planning. FOR GREAT JUSTICE!
In August of 1943, while serving as skipper of the PT-109, John F. Kennedy's boat was ripped in two by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri. Kennedy and his crew were tossed into the water and surrounded by flames. Kennedy, despite a chronic back injury and an even more chronic boning-induced-exhaustion, managed to swim four hours to safety while towing an injured crewman by the life jacket strap with his teeth. His fucking teeth!

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 26, 2010, 05:58:20 pm »

That's a shame. Catapults, then.

Dave Mongoose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 26, 2010, 06:34:54 pm »

Life is hard, but we manage, for the children, if not for ourselves.

I question the devotion to those children when one of them has been named as a 'Test Subject'  ;D

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 26, 2010, 06:39:06 pm »

That is because we are testing how to make children happy!
Also, some side experiments with magma. But mostly the happy part!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 26, 2010, 09:56:08 pm »

I was actually about to comment about that. I can't believe Deepdelver has survived all this time after being thrown down a huge stairwell. He was the unwitting scout that was to explore the bowels of the Planet before the water pipe was completed. How's that going, anyhow?

Keeping tabs on that crazy kid.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 26, 2010, 10:09:52 pm »

Hey, I would love a crack at this, but since I already played .31, I guess I'll be at the end of the line, right?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 27, 2010, 12:22:39 am »

If I'm not mistaken, the water pipe was diverted and used as a weapon at some point by LordSlowpoke.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 27, 2010, 01:00:24 am »

Hey, I would love a crack at this, but since I already played .31, I guess I'll be at the end of the line, right?

Provided everyone else has somehow managed to keep their will strong over a month of waiting to play the new version, then yeah, I'm afraid I'll have to stick you on the back of the queue.  Other than that, you're welcome to join.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 27, 2010, 01:03:14 am »

Yay! ;D

Seeing all the death and pain going on, I guess I should start planning...
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Eztuzt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 27, 2010, 04:06:49 pm »

I looked over the fort yesterday, and wow, I don't think I've ever seen a fortress this bloody. Although it makes it seem messy, it's in pretty good shape. The dwarves are all happy, and the only issue could be that cave ogre coming up the pipe. I think I'll start making better entrances into the HFS and block out the current ones. Maybe add more drawbridges and such, because it's just sloppy right now. Overall, the new HFS is really neat and it should be fun.

Commencing fun.
In August of 1943, while serving as skipper of the PT-109, John F. Kennedy's boat was ripped in two by the Japanese destroyer Amagiri. Kennedy and his crew were tossed into the water and surrounded by flames. Kennedy, despite a chronic back injury and an even more chronic boning-induced-exhaustion, managed to swim four hours to safety while towing an injured crewman by the life jacket strap with his teeth. His fucking teeth!

Eztuzt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 27, 2010, 07:01:30 pm »

Report - Arsenal Dwarf Eztuzt - 4th Granite 593

The rat weed parchments are spattered with blood and water, although the handwriting seems neat and literate. A few paintings are included, although falling out.

Four days ago I was put into a place of power among this fortress. Aside from already being the arsenal dwarf, I now am the chief architect and overseer. The fortress is, overall, coming along well. Our food and booze stockpiles are nearly bursting. We have nearly no military, and I intend to change that while in office. To prove this, for the past four days I've been drafting the blueprints for a first-class barracks. I'll attach a copy of them with this letter, but I'll provide a description in the case it's lost. It's quite large, and will hopefully harbor the only entrance to the magma lake underneath our caverns. A full hospital wing, our armory, and offices and rooms for our military dwarves will be here, including mine. I feel it's best to station our military here as we explore these great unknowns. The goblins shouldn't be an issue, as they are at bay from a few planks of wood, and until they learn to knock politely we will not be letting them in.

Connected with a bone pin are the blueprints of the barracks

In general, the fortress is doing well. The only issue is quite strange, in one of our main tunnels. A hulking blind cave ogre has been standing there, staring at Kosoth, I have no idea why. I caught a glance of Kosoth laying flights of stairs underneath it, drowsy and missing a foot. The cave ogre turned and looked at me, I realized that they must have fought. Kosoth's foot lay a few feet from the beast, and a scar ran down the creatures left arm. The entirety of the creature seemed damages. I dare not be foolish enough to dive in and wrestle the beast down in an attempt to save that fine dwarf, he's on his own until he recovers.

Attached with another bone in is a sketch of the beast.

The caves are rich in spider silk, wood, water, and animals, our friend up there being one of them. We haven't heard word of Slevina (Our forgotten beast), though we've heard extremely loud splashing and squirming in the lake. I've also heard of a tribe of batmen hanging in the caverns. The reports tell me they're hostile, although I wish they weren't. We could get a wealth of help from them. In time we will have to kill all of these beasts.

And, what you'rep robably aching to har about, the adamantium. We have a wealth of it, near the giant pool of magma. We've been safe in digging it out so far, but I don't think we'll be delving much deeper. A lesson well learned from some fortresses of the previous century. I know you aren't ignorant of this my queen. We'll be extremely careful in dealing with the heavenly metal. A few dwarves' lives are more precious than a block of it, right?

Right??
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Theres the initial report, a short letter to the mountainhomes from Eztuzt to give everyone a general idea of how things are going.

I'm going to try and militarize the fort since our food and booze seem to be stable. The dwarves are also really happy, and most are ecstatic. I don't know how, though.
Anyway, militarizing the fort will take some new designs. I haven't really done anything besides designate the new base. I also set Lady Slowpoke to help mine it, since she was doing nothing at all. (Good luck)

And I don't know what you guys were trying to do, flooding that part of the caverns. If you were trying to drown Slevina, it isn't working. She's flopping around happily with her worm-like body in the 7 deep water. Apparently, forgotten beasts don't drown.

The gatecows are all dead.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 27, 2010, 07:33:15 pm »

Eztuzt, could my guy either be a bookkeeper or a catapult launcher if you don't need him for other things?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38