Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: HFS is More Evil Than Ever [Spoilers]  (Read 25582 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: HFS is More Evil Than Ever [Spoilers]
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2010, 10:29:40 am »

nah, keep in mind that you now have semi molten rock, which gives unlimited magma.

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2010, 11:02:30 am »

My miner was a huge badass and parried every attack six demons made with his pickaxe.

Then they spat fire at him.

I was also lucky enough to get a "Three Eyed Monster" which "Knows and intones the names of all it encounters"
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2010, 11:08:11 am »

We can breach Hell now?! The new release is so f*cking awesome!
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Peteł

• Bay Watcher
  • Mentlegen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2010, 11:17:29 am »

HFS: Holy F***ing Shit, (RUN FOR YOUR LIVES)

Starring: The Tortured militia commander!
The one black dwarf that gets killed off fast after spouting "AW HELL NAW"
The smart nerdy one who runs and gets lost/killed
The tough-dorf wannabe who only lives till the finale due to 1-liners
And the one female "OH THOSE ARE SHARP" dwarf. (Played by paris hilton)

Minus the killing and dwarfiness you might have just described the cast of Final Fantasy 13. Zero Punctuation? ;)

TarrVetus

• Bay Watcher
  • It's... decaff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2010, 11:24:23 am »

I was also lucky enough to get a "Three Eyed Monster" which "Knows and intones the names of all it encounters"

I may edit the raws just so I can find a demon like that, capture it, train it, and build a dining hall around it.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2010, 12:21:20 pm »

I may edit the raws just so I can find a demon like that, capture it, train it, and build a dining hall around it.
You could use it for new migrants - when it encounters them it intones their name, so fugitives can't use your fort as a refuge just by changing their names.

Box

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMINHUNTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2010, 12:48:30 pm »

I semi-appreciate those devilish (pun maybe intended) steam ghost things with only a shell and a body.

They don't do much damage, they stun dwarves at best and seem to hold them in place.  However, once you pierce the body/shell of one, steam bursts out of them and just starts scalding everyone in the vicinity.

They are the fastest parts of a ghost army, so they basically stun your dwarves until the rest of the enemy can catch up, making walling up without losing a miner or two practically impossible.  Your best bet is to wall up any victims as the army will focus on the dwarf that's caught stunned first.  Don't think about sending a dwarf to kill them.  Your best result is your miner and your dwarf getting caught in a flash of superhot hellfire steam that ends up in a lot of brown wounds and sometimes even melting.  That's assuming your group of dorfs makes it there before the rest of the demon army does (they won't) which means you're losing a miner and the military dwarves.  Even if they cut away the first few demons, you're lucky to get your miner and military dwarf back to the surface and in a hospital bed before they start rotting away from being in the mere presence of some demons.

It's crazy.  Those steam things are quite intuitive, even if they do have the sole burning desire to kill me.  That's pretty great to have that sort of scout from hell that holds a few victims for the rest of the army while also simultaneously making the player decide between cutting losses or a rescue mission and giving him time to do both due to the nature of the attack.
You should come inside the box.

Then you'll know what I mean.

Spacepup18

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2010, 12:59:15 pm »

We need dwarven Has-mat suits, that way they can go into high-temperature environments, avoid poison gas, things like that.  (Magma scuba anyone?)

Mipe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2010, 01:19:56 pm »

Sorry, but when I read the grisly scene about the dwarf being tortured to death... I thought of the scene, when the dwarf manages to muster the energy and will to shout the final words before passing out.

I wonder what words would the said dwarf choose... which words would be dwarvenly?

Blacken

• Bay Watcher
  • Orange Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2010, 01:54:45 pm »

Anyone else opened the temple yet?

That was an oops.
"There's vermin fish, which fisherdwarves catch, and animal fish, which catch fisherdwarves." - Flame11235

Mondark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2010, 02:08:04 pm »

Sorry, but when I read the grisly scene about the dwarf being tortured to death... I thought of the scene, when the dwarf manages to muster the energy and will to shout the final words before passing out.

I wonder what words would the said dwarf choose... which words would be dwarvenly?

"Not... enough... BEER!"

Or maybe, "More magma!"
Fefeshnelmargalip

tigrex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2010, 02:53:53 pm »

I was stunned when almost 80 demons ploughed into my fort through the adamantine "chimney" that I'd chipped.

They were led by a winged blob made of vomit that fired boiling vomit demon extract. 

The massacre was beautiful.  Then I drafted an adventurer to go and deliver some dwarven justice.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2010, 03:17:46 pm »

Where is the HFS located? Generally downward from the regular cave systems or only in a special location?
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2010, 03:20:30 pm »

From what I've read in other posts, HFS has an entire layer to itself that may span multiple z-levels.  Dig down far enough and you'll inevitably find it.
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2010, 03:23:44 pm »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7