Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1218678 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (nothin' new)
« Reply #4005 on: June 26, 2011, 05:08:30 am »

It's not a issue with your installation, but a DF bug that will be fixed in the next version.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Herode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: June 26, 2011, 09:08:45 am »

OK, I'll wait for the next patch then  :)

Also, I noticed that on the Units/view/thoughts & preferences screen, the punctuation is not displayed except the dot (.) which appears as a gray square. On the vanilla version, the punctuation is adequately displayed, though.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: June 26, 2011, 05:58:33 pm »

Will this tileset work for mods?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: June 26, 2011, 11:01:28 pm »

Please don't let this graphics pack die, I would be really sad :(
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: June 27, 2011, 07:31:20 am »

i just want to say thanks for the graphics set its brilliant :), really good job :), did it was not always a Zip file was it ?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: June 27, 2011, 06:02:43 pm »

Hey guys.

The graphics set IS NOT dead yet. At least... I don't think it is. But I don't have time to poke it with a stick right now and find out.
In another month or two it will either be really smelly (and so we'll know it's dead), or it will have gotten all rested up and be ready to go again.

Seriously, though, I TOTALLY expect to get back into this. At least until 11/11/11, when Skyrim comes out. Then I won't have any free time.

@ScriptWolf: Originally it was a .rar, yeah. I figured zips were more accessible?

@hitty40: Sorry for the lagtime, here. It'll hypothetically work with mods, but I changed a lot of the original raws.
(Just little stuff like reassigning tiles and colors, and then the graphics raws which assign graphic sprites to critters and people)
If a mod is all contained in its own files (separate raw .txt files, separate image sheets, and so forth), then you can just merge them.
If the mod changes the same raws that I'm changing, it might be a little messy.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: June 28, 2011, 11:03:59 am »

Thanks for Changing it to a ZIP file much easier now :), and when the new nightcreature update comes out please tell me that your updating the tileset too :)

MiniMacker

• Bay Watcher
  • Side-effects include nausia, tantrum and insanity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: June 30, 2011, 06:37:29 pm »

Hah. I don't expect any productivity on my part either when Skyrim gets released.
It isn't a new Dwarf Fortress version until we're made to fear some kind of regular creature.  Carp, Elephants, Unicorns, Badgers, and now Mosquitos.  I've got 5 dorfBucks on the next one being plagues of groundhogs.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: June 30, 2011, 10:08:20 pm »

The graphics set IS NOT dead yet. At least... I don't think it is. But I don't have time to poke it with a stick right now and find out. In another month or two it will either be really smelly (and so we'll know it's dead), or it will have gotten all rested up and be ready to go again.

Seriously, though, I TOTALLY expect to get back into this. At least until 11/11/11, when Skyrim comes out. Then I won't have any free time.

Understandable, I guess. The Elder Scrolls can be pretty addictive. I just hope folks do not completely forget about Dwarf Fortress afterwards.  :(

Lord Vetinari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: July 01, 2011, 03:45:53 am »

If it's going to suck as much as Oblivion, I'll be back to DF in two days.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #4015 on: July 01, 2011, 05:10:31 am »

The graphics set IS NOT dead yet. At least... I don't think it is. But I don't have time to poke it with a stick right now and find out. In another month or two it will either be really smelly (and so we'll know it's dead), or it will have gotten all rested up and be ready to go again.

Understandable, I guess. The Elder Scrolls can be pretty addictive. I just hope folks do not completely forget about Dwarf Fortress afterwards.  :(

People might not play dwarf fortress for some time, but they'll return, because while new games come out and run their course, Dwarf Fortress is forever expanding.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: July 01, 2011, 08:59:41 am »

Once you start playing dwarf fortress there is no escaping you always come back to the game and the community, you lose your soul to bay12!!

People might not play dwarf fortress for some time, but they'll return, because while new games come out and run their course, Dwarf Fortress is forever expanding.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: July 01, 2011, 11:21:40 am »

Once you start playing dwarf fortress there is no escaping you always come back to the game and the community, you lose your soul to bay12!!

Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #4018 on: July 01, 2011, 07:57:31 pm »

My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: July 02, 2011, 01:16:31 pm »

C-C-C-Combo Breaker!!!!
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 329