Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 329

Author Topic: Ironhand's Graphics Set (on Hiatus)  (Read 1218557 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Ironhand's Graphics Set (temp build to play with)
« Reply #4230 on: February 18, 2012, 10:37:18 am »

TrueType toggle is on F12, if you're having a problem with it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: February 18, 2012, 02:25:14 pm »

TrueType toggle is on F12, if you're having a problem with it.

The new 62 temp does not have 34.02's interface file, at the very least. I can't even guess what else might not have been copied over from 34.02.

MiniMacker

• Bay Watcher
  • Side-effects include nausia, tantrum and insanity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: February 18, 2012, 04:57:10 pm »

Question. The update pack (As in, the non-game pack), is it compatible with 0.34.02?
It isn't a new Dwarf Fortress version until we're made to fear some kind of regular creature.  Carp, Elephants, Unicorns, Badgers, and now Mosquitos.  I've got 5 dorfBucks on the next one being plagues of groundhogs.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: February 19, 2012, 07:49:19 am »

So, txt/gfx is still not "separated" in the SDL version? IE. letters & symbols are still being used to display various stuff in the game?

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: February 19, 2012, 10:27:10 am »

Yes.

And yes.

ShnitzelKiller

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4235 on: February 19, 2012, 12:56:17 pm »

Yes.

And yes.
What about MiniMacker's question? This is my favorite tileset, but I don't want to corrupt my saves if it isn't compatible. with .02.

MiniMacker

• Bay Watcher
  • Side-effects include nausia, tantrum and insanity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: February 19, 2012, 01:35:43 pm »

Yes.

And yes.
What about MiniMacker's question? This is my favorite tileset, but I don't want to corrupt my saves if it isn't compatible. with .02.
According to Toady, there was some nasty corruption issue from the start. Which would slowly cause the save to become more and more unstable.

So I'd recommend you start over like me.
It isn't a new Dwarf Fortress version until we're made to fear some kind of regular creature.  Carp, Elephants, Unicorns, Badgers, and now Mosquitos.  I've got 5 dorfBucks on the next one being plagues of groundhogs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: February 19, 2012, 02:04:52 pm »

I'm pretty sure Toady said the 34.01 saves would either slowly die for the aforementioned corruption, or just not work at all with 34.02.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: February 19, 2012, 03:01:16 pm »

The way that saves are created and stored are almost certainly changed, and 34.01 saves are not compatible at all with 34.02 (the game doesn't even recognize them, as far as I can tell). 

Because of the change in the way saves are stored and read, 34.02 is a complete compatibility break with all previous versions.

-----

And Ironhand, can you tell me how to fix the old graphics so that zombie graphics can be used again?  I need to update a custom race mod of my own...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 03:02:54 pm by NW_Kohaku »
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

ShnitzelKiller

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: February 19, 2012, 06:33:39 pm »

Yes.

And yes.
According to Toady, there was some nasty corruption issue from the start. Which would slowly cause the save to become more and more unstable.

So I'd recommend you start over like me.

I understand that, but it's not what I meant. My save is already up to date, it's just that I have a different (compatible, but inferior) texture pack installed, because as far as I can tell, the last update to the ironhand pack is for the previous patch, 34.01. I have checked the package and noticed that it comes with version 34.01 despite saying it is packaged with 34.02, which is the only reason I am reluctant about installing the non-package patch over my current saves. That is, I'm waiting for an update to the set, but I am asking whether this is necessary.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 06:35:47 pm by ShnitzelKiller »

utilitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: February 19, 2012, 06:44:19 pm »

Hi, I'm having a little problem...

I'm on 0.34.02, and on a mac. I can usually just copy over the files into their respective directories, and did so. I used this version:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2617 .

However, this is what my game currently looks like:

Any ideas on what's causing this/how to fix it?

dieffenbachj

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Smiles
    • View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: February 19, 2012, 09:15:21 pm »

NOTE: If walls look like mushrooms or turtles or something, UPDATE YOUR SAVEGAMES!
All you need to do is copy your raw folder, and replace the one inside your save file(s).

Though if that map is from before 34.01, you should know that 34.01 save-incompatible with previous versions (and 34.01 had some kind of 'building leak' that would eventually destroy your save... so, from now on, if you want to play the latest DF you need a map made in 34.02)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #4242 on: February 19, 2012, 11:44:13 pm »

So, we've established this much so far: That 34.01 files slowly bleed data like a dwarf with a lethal paper cut, and also because of that they are incompatible with 34.02. However, IRONHAND graphics, mine and many other's favorite graphics pack currently runes on 34.01 and not 34.02 so IRONHAND currently bleeds to death with the 34.01 it runs on. The question then is, when is the 34.02 update coming so we can use IRONHAND and continue to be assaulted by mosquitoes, were-creatures, necromancers, and vampires?
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

RadHazard

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware their adorable guns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: February 20, 2012, 12:08:16 am »

The current Ironhand download (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=53180.0) is for version 0.34.02. It looks like only the .exe was updated in that download, since the file_changes.txt and release_notes.txt are still the ones from 0.34.01, but the game itself is 0.34.02.
To make magma-proof, set melting/boiling temperature higher than 12000. To make magma proof, set magma to be brewable.

Custom transformations got you down?
Here, have some ‼Science‼

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: February 20, 2012, 12:18:50 am »

Hey! I haven't kept up with Ironhand in ages, but I noticed you redid all of it and got rid of my furnace dwarf!
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 329