Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What House Should We Join?

Hlaalu ( Backstabbing Businessmen )
Redoran ( Stupid Warriors )
Telvanni ( Nutjob Slavery Loving Wizards

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Let's Play: The Elder Scrolls - Morrowind! ( And Expansions )  (Read 4441 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play: The Elder Scrolls - Morrowind! ( And Expansions )
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 01:23:59 am »

My vote is to hang out in and around Seyda Neen for a while. Steal stuff gear up. Slaughter talk to some foreign devils nice people.  Gain a level or two just to make life easier.

Also, which mods did you install?

Pathos

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 04:21:43 am »

Also, which mods did you install?

Better Bodies, GIANTS ( sorry, Creatures guy ), a bunch of texture replacers, Great House Dagoth etc etc.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2010, 04:45:53 am »

You should stay in seyda neen and meddle with some quests.

I would...

-Investigate the death of the taxman.

-Get the Quest of that north in the tavern/shop. (After you finished it, don`t go back to him. We won`t share loot!)

-Go to the cave near seyda neen and get some loot. If we are lucky we get some skooma and some scrolls- Also free the slaves.

-Loot the warehouse.

Also those heads are fucking ugly- I`d get another mod. For example: Better Heads

Might change your face, (hey it`s also my favorite!) but the other npcs will look better.

Pathos

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2010, 04:57:47 am »

Also those heads are fucking ugly- I`d get another mod. For example: Better Heads

Yeah, I installed it but it seems to have only just started working. Going to play some more in a minute.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2010, 05:09:02 am »

You should stay in seyda neen and meddle with some quests.

I would...

-Investigate the death of the taxman.

-Get the Quest of that north in the tavern/shop. (After you finished it, don`t go back to him. We won`t share loot!)

-Go to the cave near seyda neen and get some loot. If we are lucky we get some skooma and some scrolls- Also free the slaves.

-Loot the warehouse.
Do that, except for the not going back to Hrisskar.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2010, 05:16:24 am »

Bah- You`ll have to give halve the gold away for nothing. (Maybe a reputation point; But i think you`ll don`t even get one.)

Later in the game you can still give him the gold back

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2010, 07:00:28 am »

Better bodies and better heads is always on when I play Morrowind. Obviously they had good world builders and story writers, but no good animators/modellers. I mean come on, even I can make better heads in Wings3d :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2010, 07:53:11 am »

That`s why there are modders  8)

Also- At that time i think morrowinds graphic was considered "stunning".

Pathos

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2010, 09:27:24 am »

Diary Entry: 18th Last Seed

Well, this place isn't SO bad. I decided to stay around for a bit longer and help them sort out their problems. And cause new ones.

I started out the day as usual, making a few potions ( always a useful thing to do ), having a look around and the like. I found out why the water is dangerous around here. I couldn't see anything except this fin sticking up from it, so I got to higher ground only to see a MASSIVE slaughterfish. They don't breed them that big on the mainland.

Oh, yeah, I found out where that key led to. It was a massive storehouse, so I filched some goods legally procured through entirely legal mercantile methods some goods, and then fenced them sold them ( legally, of course ) to that damned Altmer. He looks so smug. I'll get him, one day.

Spoiler: OH SHI- (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Warehouse (click to show/hide)

After being so terrified I made a little guar in my pants mildly shocked at the size of the monster, I decided to take my gaze off it and go talk to others in the village about what's going on.

I found out one of the tax collectors went missing ( big loss hah ), that midget Bosmer had an enemy in a Nord, who wanted me to find out where he was hiding his stuff and one of the guys in the village was depressed.

Spoiler: Oh, Boohoo (click to show/hide)

I decided to sort out the guy with the depression first. After all, I could get paid to murder someone in cold blood! It turned out it was really crappy and to do with ANOTHER ring. I made sure that he didn't want me to just kill him ( he didn't ) and so I bought it off him. It wasn't too bad a ring. Pretty crappy, though. I just sold it to that ugly Altmer.

It started getting dark, and I sped up my ( now literal ) busybody routine accordingly. I mean, time is money, right?

I decided to track down that damned tax collector, so I figured I'd explore the wilderness around Seyda. It didn't take me long to see his body, but I was attacked by a ghost - his I'd guess. These Imperials really don't know how to look after their dead.

It kept paralysing me, and my weapon was doing nothing. I knew I learnt magic for stuff other than stealing things from houses saving people from the vice of greed.

I also got attacked by some hopping thing. That was just odd.

Spoiler: It's The Glowing Eyes (click to show/hide)

Anyhow, I found the guy's corpse ( and stole his things ) ( and obtained his things to give to his nearest family ) and headed back to Seyda Neen. The guy in the Census Office ( the big nosed bastard ) asked me for the gold. I gave it to him ( not a good idea to mess around with Imperials in an Imperial town ) and he said that I should find the murderer.

Oh, and some other guy there offered to send me off to an island filled with undead to recover a shield. I don't think so. Maybe some other time.

Spoiler: Errr... No (click to show/hide)

The guy was apparently putting his Imperial Might onto some Dunmer woman ( race traitors, that saying "Once you go Imp you walk with a limp" really isn't true, or so I've heard ), so I decided to visit there first.

Spoiler: RACE TRAITOR! (click to show/hide)

She told me some stuff about her boyfriend being a nice guy and not her being an Imperial's coin repository how she had only ever seen him arguing with someone once, some guy called Foryn who lived next to the water in one of the shacks. I planned to visit him, but first I had a midget Bosmer to spy on. I also gave her his ring back. She gave me TWO potions. I could've bought three with that bloody thing, and have had a bit left over. Cheap skank.

So, I headed up to the top of the lighthouse, and started watching that sneaky little Bostard Bosmer wander around, until he thought he no one could see him and threw the stuff into a tree trunk in the middle of a bit of swampland.

I ran down the lighthouse quickly ( he really wasn't hiding that well ) and robbed him of all his earthly possessions and repossessed his goods. I knew that damn Nord would send someone after me, so I dropped off his gold and told him where I was headed soon if he needed more work being done. Some woman at the bar overheard me and gave me directions to Balmora, which I suppose was lucky.

Spoiler: Nice Directions! (click to show/hide)

After that, I had only one last thing to do, and that was to visit this Foryn guy and find out if he killed the tax collector. He readily admitted to it, and gave me some spiel about the tax collector being corrupt. I didn't really care since the Imperials would pay better than he could I am a good citizen who believes in the justice of the Emperor. ( Anyway, he called me a lackey of the Empire. What a dick. )

Spoiler: Whine Whine Whine (click to show/hide)

He resisted me bashing his skull in arrest, so I had to beat him down and then go inform the tax collector's boss that I'd found the guy who'd killed his tax collector. He gave me five hundred septims (not bad for murder!) and told me I could have the guy's hut. I figured I could have a decent place to dump my ill gotten goods to sleep and store my mercantile stock because I am a merchant.

Spoiler: Sorry, Chap (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: My HAMMUCK (click to show/hide)

Good night, diary.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 09:37:40 am by Pathos »

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2010, 03:41:13 pm »

Give him the money. It's not like gold is hard to come by in Morrowind.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Pathos

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2010, 09:43:14 am »

New post + Poll up!

The Great Houses of Vvardenfell:
House Telvanni - House Telvanni is mainly a house of highly egocentric and ambitious wizards. Here, it is common to rise through the ranks by eliminating or otherwise 'indisposing' other members. Of the Telvanni lords, only Master Aryon of Tel Vos - the youngest and newest councilor - seems able to look beyond the end of his own nose and at the concerns of other people, the rest want little more than to be left alone to their research and ambitions. The rest of the members are similarly isolationist in outlook and do not intend to be presided over by any of the other institutions, predominantly the Guild of Mages.
House Redoran - The main focus of House Redoran is maintaining the traditions of the settled Dunmer and, more specifically, the way of the warrior. Due to this focus, the Tribunal Temple is a natural ally. There is also mutual respect between them and the Imperial Fighters Guild and Imperial Legion. They have less respect for the other Imperial Guilds (i.e. Mages Guild and Thieves Guild) and the Imperial Cult religion.
House Hlaalu - House Hlaalu can be characterized as opportunistic, as any morals they might have come second to business. House Hlaalu is one of the five remaining Great Houses of the settled Dunmer; their House color is yellow. Its council seat is in Balmora, with other Hlaalu-run towns at Suran, Hla Oad and Gnaar Mok. Hlaalu public buildings — tradehouses and craft guilds, manors and council halls — are designed as simple multi-storied buildings roughly rectangular in plan, featuring arched entranceways and modest decorated exteriors. More modest one-story private dwellings follow the same plan, except with less decoration. Hlaalu plantation estates resemble Temple compounds, with walled precincts enclosing outbuildings for craftsmen and servants, dominated by a grand manor residence in place of a Temple shrine.

It might also be a good idea to consider the other main factions we could join. The Great House Dagoth mod is seperate to these.

Whilst you guys do that, I'll go do the next day!

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2010, 11:12:37 am »

Don`t forget to get the ring of the mentor.

I`d join the telvanni or the hlaalu- I just dislike the Redoran. Telvanni also might suit our skills.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2010, 11:22:01 am »

Take Redoran or telvanni as a great house. IGNORE Hlaalu. Main reason being that you can do an exploit after the main quest is done that automatically makes you master of Hlaalu and you keep your old house as well.

oh, and since you use long blades:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2010, 11:28:34 am »

He might as well get the blade of white woe.

Also i`d rather not use this exploit. Oh, and the alchemy exploit only to an extent.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 11:30:11 am by Lordinquisitor »

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2010, 11:45:07 am »

He might as well get the blade of white woe.

Also i`d rather not use this exploit. Oh, and the alchemy exploit only to an extent.

fair enough, though I'd say NEVER use the alchemy exploit. It ruins the game, in my opinion.

As for the blade of white woe, I believe it is not within his immediate reach. The glass longsword is something he can get with zero effort.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4