Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 55

Author Topic: The DF 0.31.04 Work-In-Progress Thread  (Read 213774 times)

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
Re: The DF 0.31.04 Work-In-Progress Thread
« Reply #240 on: May 17, 2010, 11:46:58 am »

I highly recommend "The Unarchiver" which extracts almost every compression in existance. Except that proprietary .sitx BS.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Collic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 17, 2010, 11:47:11 am »

um... i'm having some problems running it. namely, i can't find what i'm supposed to open among all my 40d stuff. is it Dwarf_Fortress.rar? because i have NO idea what a .rar is. at all.

a .rar file is alot like a .zip file. You will need something like winrar to extract it.
what should i use on a mac?

I just checked and they have mac versions on their download page. It will probably be command line only though; i know the linux rar utility was last time i checked, at least.

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 17, 2010, 11:50:21 am »

I highly recommend "The Unarchiver" which extracts almost every compression in existance. Except that proprietary .sitx BS.
I have never heard of .sitx compression, is is used in anything important?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 17, 2010, 11:52:38 am »

(*) made all vermin and smallish outdoor corpse items disappear over time (can be hit after a month for vermin, season for corpse chunks)

Oh god thank you so much.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 17, 2010, 11:53:32 am »

Hi!

Two things I noticed:

* Exporting the normal world map (tiles) generates an image where the tiles are twice the height as in previous versions. I have not tested exporting local maps, but I am fearing the worst.

* Is there the possibility to make it handle task bars not at the bottom a bit more smoothly when losing focus while in full screen? The thing is, my task bar is at the top of the screen and I play in full screen; when something (like accidentally hitting that start menu key) causes it to lose focus, it gets reduced to only a listed task. By refocusing on that task, I do get the screen back at the regular size (improvement to previous versions), but the task bar remains visible and there is a border of  empty space between the content and the task bar.

Something is extremely unstable in the settings: I now just started the game two times in a row but couldn't toggle full screen and windowed mode. I then opened the init.txt file and without changing it saved it again - and suddenly the toggle worked again. Mind you, I didn't do any conversion, I opened and saved it just as I had done before.

I also noticed that the game sometimes seems to go to 100 FPS, even though I have 200 FPS set in the init.txt, making me suspect that it sometimes ignores parts or the entire init.txt.

Deathworks

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #245 on: May 17, 2010, 11:55:37 am »

Is there a way to only browse bugs for 31.04 in mantis?
<3

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 17, 2010, 11:56:29 am »

I have never heard of .sitx compression, is is used in anything important?

It is used mainly for when you download stuff from macupdate.com or macgamefiles.com etc.
Fortunately, its use has stagnated strongly in favor of .zip or .dmg, or so it seems.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 17, 2010, 12:01:50 pm »

Is there a way to only browse bugs for 31.04 in mantis?

Yes, just select 31.04 for "Product Version" in the filter at the top of the View Issues page. 

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #248 on: May 17, 2010, 12:04:41 pm »

Thank you, kind Chief.
EDIT: hmmm, I don't happen to see that option. There's "Target version" but no "Product version"
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 12:06:30 pm by Mike Mayday »
<3

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 17, 2010, 12:12:23 pm »

That's weird... apparently it only shows up for managers.  Okay, go to Manage Columns, add "version" to "View Issues Columns", save the settings, go back to View Issues, and click "Product Version" to sort by version.

kuaera

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 17, 2010, 12:25:43 pm »

I'm having all sorts of troubles getting the program to work properly on Linux, now; it refuses to load any manner of PNG file, likely due to my system primarily running version 0.14 and DF expecting 0.12 [ldd dwarffort.exe reveals that both v0.12 and v0.14 are being loaded].

However, I can't find the option for changing the graphic loaded in for the mouse, so it keeps 'looking' for mouse.png and fails. Does anyone know of a clever workaround for this sort of issue?

Phenixmirage

• Bay Watcher
  • Weak vs. Water
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 17, 2010, 12:39:42 pm »

For the people who're having trouble getting DF to display across the entire window (without the black space), try setting FPS_CAP:0, G_FPS_CAP:0, and/or ARB_SYNC:NO.  For whatever reason these settings seem to interfere with DF using the entire window. It seems to be somewhat dependent on what print mode you're using. (Example: ARB_SYNC:YES was ok with PRINT_MODE:STANDARD, but with PRINT_MODE:FRAME_BUFFER I got the "letterbox" effect again.)

Another wierdness: If I use grid dimensions to determine window size (ie, 80x25) the game is letterboxed. If I use pixel dimensions (ie, 1280x400) it fills the window.

Krumbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 17, 2010, 01:00:12 pm »

Does the new Mac version work for Macs that run version 10.3.9? I can play version 40d fine but this new version only works on my dads newer Mac book and not on the Mac mini which I use.
Only in Dwarf Fortress could you get 4 armed heads scuttling about on cavern roofs.

Leperous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 17, 2010, 01:01:18 pm »

I can't seem to Alt-Tab or CTRL+ALT+D (show desktop) out of fullscreen-mode in the Linux version: this may well have always been an issue but seems like something that could use a fix. Similarly, the close-window button should really be functional - we don't all live in front of a DF window 24/7 :)

Otherwise, my legions of hospitalized dwarves thank you for saving them from a watery grave!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 01:03:56 pm by Leperous »

The-Moon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 17, 2010, 01:18:06 pm »

"GPU unable to accommodate texture catalog. Retry without graphical tiles, update your drivers, or better yet update your GPU."

When i try to make a new map this is what i get in a message box :|

Of course when i turn off graphics, it works fine.

I have a 9500 nvidia gt graphics card with a gig of memory. I think that should be good enough to accommodate this?

There is absolutely no time, to be taking time for granted. ~Busta Rhymes
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 55