Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 391917 times)

Terror_Incognito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.7
« Reply #945 on: March 16, 2011, 01:17:19 am »

Thanks peterix, I love your work. Keep it up.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #946 on: March 16, 2011, 02:48:07 am »

DFvdig keeps not working properly for me, it will claim that the stone i have the cursor over is not a vein stone.  It works about half the time, and the other half it tells me it is not a vein stone.  I've been using it on limonite, tetrahedrite, sphalerite, and misc gems and on all of them it works on some tiles and not on others.
This was a bug in one of the recent versions. Update, it should be working right in 0.5.7 :)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: March 16, 2011, 03:35:22 am »

using reveal first and releasing the creatures of hell should save someone the pain of the game crashing.
though it won't save them from the game not being able to save.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Mrhnhrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: March 16, 2011, 11:47:35 am »

try .16 to be sure everything's working as it should.
I tried that. Stonesense now crashes while trying to connect to DF. These error messages are dumped to console:
it's either something like this
Code: [Select]
pread failed: can't read 4 bytes at addres 2935888152
errno: 22
pread failed: can't read 4 bytes at addres 2931077184
pread failed: can't read 4 bytes at addres 2934110584
pread failed: can't read 4 bytes at addres 2934045104
pread failed: can't read 4 bytes at addres 2934045104
pread failed: can't read 4 bytes at addres 2943104064
pread failed: can't read 4 bytes at addres 2997878812
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'DFHack::Error::MemoryAccessDenied'
  what():  SHM ACCESS DENIED
Aborted
or this
pread failed: can't read 8 bytes at addres 800
errno: 5
pread failed: can't read 12 bytes at addres 0
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'DFHack::Error::MemoryAccessDenied'
Aborted
Can't seem to find any pattern about which errno will be given in which situation, sorry.
(I can't be completely sure, but in the latter case, aren't memory addresses that low used exclusively by the kernel?)

I've read somewhere around the forum that disabling kernel's virtual address space randomization (# echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/randomize_va_space) might help here, but it didn't for me.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 11:55:05 am by Mrhnhrm »
/* a placeholder for a clever signature */

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: March 16, 2011, 11:57:02 am »

using reveal first and releasing the creatures of hell should save someone the pain of the game crashing.

I always use reveal, look at the bottom floor, see if hell is leaking, then if it's not I release the hounds of hell, so to speak.  Then if the FPS isn't too bad I continue on.  If the FPS IS really low, I open up Runesmith and genocide 1/2 hell's population.

It would be nice if we could unrelease hell.  Granted you hadn't actually penetrated into hell, might there be a way that you could unnotify the demons? In the interest of FPS and saving me from always intentionally (so not intentional btw) releasing hell when they're not actually released yet?
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: March 16, 2011, 12:46:01 pm »

I always use reveal, look at the bottom floor, see if hell is leaking, then if it's not I release the hounds of hell, so to speak.  Then if the FPS isn't too bad I continue on.  If the FPS IS really low, I open up Runesmith and genocide 1/2 hell's population.

It would be nice if we could unrelease hell.  Granted you hadn't actually penetrated into hell, might there be a way that you could unnotify the demons? In the interest of FPS and saving me from always intentionally (so not intentional btw) releasing hell when they're not actually released yet?

Why not savescum after testing FPS and then genocide the demons?  You don't need to see them to delete them. 

"Despair, ye legions of Hell, for I shall reach down through the very earth to destroy thee, even as I spare mine eyes the offense of looking upon thy wretchedness.  Muahaha!"
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: March 16, 2011, 02:46:25 pm »

Why not savescum after testing FPS and then genocide the demons?  You don't need to see them to delete them. 

Because the demon wave doesn't spawn until you get the "horrifying screams" message, apart from one or two random inhabitants.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: March 16, 2011, 04:15:21 pm »

Does prospector saves the minerals/values on a txt file somewhere? Or can you copy the txt in the box you get if you run it? i see a lot of people pasting their prospector result on the forum I don;t think they just typed it all down...

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: March 16, 2011, 04:16:47 pm »

Does prospector saves the minerals/values on a txt file somewhere? Or can you copy the txt in the box you get if you run it? i see a lot of people pasting their prospector result on the forum I don;t think they just typed it all down...

Just type it like dfprospector.exe -ab >dfgdfgdg
Finis sanctificat media.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #954 on: March 16, 2011, 05:46:14 pm »

I tried that. Stonesense now crashes while trying to connect to DF. These error messages are dumped to console:
it's either something like this
Aborted
or this
pread failed: can't read 8 bytes at addres 800
pread failed: can't read 12 bytes at addres 0
Aborted
Can't seem to find any pattern about which errno will be given in which situation, sorry.
(I can't be completely sure, but in the latter case, aren't memory addresses that low used exclusively by the kernel?)

I've read somewhere around the forum that disabling kernel's virtual address space randomization (# echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/randomize_va_space) might help here, but it didn't for me.
Maybe you need the other variables too. The best description of the problem can be found here:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65326.0

Set both variables to 0 and you *should* be able to run DF without all the crud afterwards.

Anyway, do the base dfhack tools work? If they don't, can you give me more info about the specs of your system? Mainly the exact kernel and the amount of system memory. I'd also very much appreciate if you could run the dfincremental tool and give me the big list of numbers it prints out.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: March 17, 2011, 01:25:00 am »

well good news I found a way to go into fort mode with out using Arena mode in adventure mode.
If you swap to fort mode then go to the Esc menu you be able to save the game thus properly setting up the fort mode next reload the problem is that I can't do anything while in this mode except for stuff that doesn't unpause it can't hit Z and while I can designate buildings and maybe dig sites I can't do that.

so you can go into adventure mode(keeping your companions) doing the same "save while in the other game menu trick." wonder if abandoning a fort(adv mode swap to fort mode select abandon fort) as a retirable adventurer makes the area save to reclaim?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 01:33:53 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Mrhnhrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: March 17, 2011, 01:38:40 am »

The best description of the problem can be found here:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65326.0
Evidently, my kernel doesn't have the interface described there. I'm running Gentoo Linux with a custom-configured Zen kernel; if you're interested, you may take a look at the config: http://pastebin.com/hsuE0x6E

Anyway, do the base dfhack tools work?
If I try running them before trying to run Stonesense, they don't:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'DFHack::Error::MemoryXmlParse'
  what():  error 2: Failed to open file, at row 0 col 0
Aborted

But if I run Stonesense, let it crash, and then run DFHack tools, they seem to work. dfreveal obviously works fine. In fact, it does so regardless of the state of randomize_va_space variable. Can't say as much about other utils, maybe I'm just doing something wrong with them. They run, at least.

I'd also very much appreciate if you could run the dfincremental tool and give me the big list of numbers it prints out.
It's the least that I could do. http://pastebin.com/PbPHETTJ
/* a placeholder for a clever signature */

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: March 17, 2011, 05:46:30 am »

okay here's a few things about this.
one you save swapping is safer than arena swapping well safer that there less screwing up and getting every one killed still chance of crash because of.
two do not try to swap to fort mode out of a abandon area causes a crash, not only that abandoning there kills the adventurer.
three make sure to remove designation on everything or the men will go around trying to smooth sand or dig through the already dug walls.
four remember the adventurer/leader of the group and protect him/her so that if the site goes south you can just saveswap to adventure mode Pull the doomsday lever and walk over to the emergency fort until you feel save enough to reclaim.
five if you have a noble take time to design a death trap and pick up my CarryEX addon to Dfusion nothing says FUN than dragging the purple plump stuffer(and his/her family) and dropping him/her(and their family) into a spike pit or a lair of captured Goblins, Bandits,Zombie Goblins and Bandits.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: March 17, 2011, 06:05:01 am »

Just type it like dfprospector.exe -ab >dfgdfgdg

Is anything suposed to happen after I type that? Casue it just closes anyway and there is no txt file anywhere nor did copy something ???

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: March 17, 2011, 06:59:02 am »

actually, there's supposed to be a space after >, and a .txt is useful at the end.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 108