Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 391900 times)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: DFHack 0.5.12
« Reply #1170 on: April 05, 2011, 09:51:18 am »

I would like to make a rather large request.

Would it be possible to make a tool which removes ownership from all items in the fort?
Back in 40d (and 23a), one of the item flags was "owned by a dwarf" (flag 0x00010000), and clearing that flag would permit other dwarves to pick up the item and stockpile it (or, better yet, dump it). Clearing this flag wouldn't cause the item to stop displaying as owned (that's stored in a vector elsewhere, along with information on where the object is contained, be it a creature or a container object), but it would permit another dwarf to claim it. I haven't checked lately in 0.31.xx, but all of this should still be the case.

[edit] I've just tested this in 0.31.25 and it works correctly.

As a side note, a bunch of the naked_itemflags values seem to be wrong - they're labeled as being correct in 40d, though I know for a fact that everything between "in_inventory" and "rotten" (and possibly several others) are off by 1.

Item flags:
Code: [Select]
0x00000001 - on ground
0x00000002 - tasked
0x00000004 - ?
0x00000008 - in inventory/container
0x00000010 - lost (artifact)
0x00000020 - part of building
0x00000040 - ?
0x00000080 - ?
0x00000100 - rotten
0x00000200 - ?
0x00000400 - ?
0x00000800 - ?
0x00001000 - ? (previously flagged artifacts)
0x00002000 - ?
0x00004000 - imported/foreign (in parentheses)
0x00008000 - ? (previously marked trade goods)
0x00010000 - owned by dwarf
0x00020000 - ?
0x00040000 - ?
0x00080000 - forbidden
0x00100000 - ?
0x00200000 - dump
0x00400000 - on fire
0x00800000 - melt
0x01000000 - hidden
0x02000000 - ?
0x04000000 - ?
0x08000000 - ?
0x10000000 - ?
0x20000000 - ?
0x40000000 - ?
0x80000000 - ?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 10:39:42 am by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: April 05, 2011, 12:00:53 pm »

Ok, tagged a new release. This one should fix problems people were having with Runesmith when it gets rebuilt, adds all the missing offsets for 31.22-31.25 on linux and adds an engravings module. I can see some kind of engraving manipulation tool in the future :)

As always, enjoy :)

You have no idea how cool engraving manipulation would be, especially for me. Aside from the obvious:
http://www.wikihow.com/Build-a-Memory-Palace

For someone who uses memory palaces to memorize complex things, having a living memory palace with inhabitants would be mind blowingly awesome. This feature combined with your recent range feature for obsidian spawning would make you a god higher level deity in my mind. :)
Wow. That's new to me :) There's a problem though - the level of manipulation is quite limited. I don't think it would be quite enough to store arbitrary information - not yet anyway. You might be better off using just plain DF notes. For those, hit N and place a note. You can give them colors, a symbol and a piece of text. I guess this isn't quite enough, because to see the notes, you must be in the 'note placing mode'...

Anyway, here's roughly what is known about engravings now:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You know, using in game notes might not be a bad idea....

This is off topic and I apologize for that, but do you know how to make a smelter reaction to create a window?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

King Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: April 05, 2011, 01:53:25 pm »

I decided to make an obsidian tower of my own for my dwarves to build, I chose an 100% flat map in a frozen biome, but I can't seem to work out how the hell to get it to build obsidian above the ground floor. Is it even possible, and if so, what do I need to do?

Edit: worked it out for anyone who cares or didn't know already - the obsidian generator will only create obsidian on z-levels your dwarves can reach, so if you want a tower you need to make a staircase to the z-level one above where you want the top floor to be. It needs to be one z level higher than your tower so you can add a floor to the top of it.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 02:56:15 pm by King Doom »

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: April 05, 2011, 02:33:17 pm »

For automation purposes...

The search string 8b 15 ? ? ? ? 8b 34 8a 85 f6 74 0f e8 is pretty bad ass. It works on all versions of DF/sdl for .13 on and result+2 is the job management pointer while result +21 is the pointer to the delete operator which you will need if you ever need to add memory allocation to dfhack. :) Due to the nature of the code there, I doubt toady will make any changes so it should be future proof.

I still haven't found a search string for items that I am 100% pleased with, but the one I showed you earlier (2b 35 ? ? ? ? 57 c1 fe 02 4e 78 20 bf) also works for every version .13 on, but I am not comfortable about it being future proof.

Those are the only 2 pointers foreman will ever need to operate at the moment, so I am done with that part of my code.
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #1174 on: April 05, 2011, 03:08:58 pm »

This is off topic and I apologize for that, but do you know how to make a smelter reaction to create a window?

[PRODUCT:100:1:WINDOW:NONE:GLASS_GREEN:NONE]
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: April 05, 2011, 04:01:53 pm »

That is fairly awesome, and yes it would work for making me a lot happier... I have grown so tired of claimed item clutter that for some reason never seems to get moved into a room.
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: April 05, 2011, 04:44:30 pm »

[PRODUCT:100:1:WINDOW:NONE:GLASS_GREEN:NONE]

Thank you very much.

I decided to make an obsidian tower of my own for my dwarves to build, I chose an 100% flat map in a frozen biome, but I can't seem to work out how the hell to get it to build obsidian above the ground floor. Is it even possible, and if so, what do I need to do?

Edit: worked it out for anyone who cares or didn't know already - the obsidian generator will only create obsidian on z-levels your dwarves can reach, so if you want a tower you need to make a staircase to the z-level one above where you want the top floor to be. It needs to be one z level higher than your tower so you can add a floor to the top of it.

IF you are hacking in obsidian through this mod, then you must deal with the pathfinding saver feature. To save memory, the game does not search for pathfinding in areas of the open sky z levels that have not been previously accessed by dwarves. It would be a waste of CPU. The game sort of "blocks out" those areas.

The solution is to have your dwarves climb up to those areas via up and down staircases. This will enable obsidian to spawn within a given number of squares around the area your dwarf climbed up to. Otherwise you will not be able to do what you want.

Too bad. Otherwise you could spawn an entire layer of obsidian up there and make a corresponding
to

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: April 05, 2011, 07:32:38 pm »

wait so you have to build a up down stair case first before making a floor of obsidian? or just spawn a dwarf 30 zlevels high?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: April 05, 2011, 08:30:47 pm »

wait so you have to build a up down stair case first before making a floor of obsidian? or just spawn a dwarf 30 zlevels high?

Never spawned a dwarf 30 levels high before.... For science?

Please don't quote me.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: April 05, 2011, 10:26:20 pm »

Never spawned a dwarf 30 levels high before.... For science?
well from past testing spawning a dwarf to deep into what I may call Space will leave that dwarf there until one teleport them out. So if you figure out how to build a space station in that black stuff and have the area lit so one could path through then go head.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

ChiliFriez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: April 06, 2011, 09:46:31 am »

Hey, just downloaded dfhack, .25 DF itself, Windows 7 OS. Every time I run one of the binaries (I extracted the folder onto my desktop, do I need to do something more?), it opens a cmd prompt window, then says it stopped responding, and promptly closes itself, without any visible changes to the map. Help? :D

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1181 on: April 06, 2011, 11:04:20 am »

Hey, just downloaded dfhack, .25 DF itself, Windows 7 OS. Every time I run one of the binaries (I extracted the folder onto my desktop, do I need to do something more?), it opens a cmd prompt window, then says it stopped responding, and promptly closes itself, without any visible changes to the map. Help? :D
It could be some weird security thing - that happened a few times before. Some anti-malware thing shooting it down before anything happens. It could be you extracted only part of DFHack and it can't find the offsets file. It could be malware blocking any kind of debugging attempts. Maybe DF and DFHack running in different security contexts ... or just a plain old crash bug I haven't seen before. I do test on Windows 7, that part should be OK. DFHack only works with the SDL DF versions, so check that you downloaded the right DF...

Well, I wish I knew.

ChiliFriez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: April 06, 2011, 11:23:40 am »

I tried throwing the file into my actual DF folder, and it worked. So, if anyone else is having this problem, try that.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1183 on: April 06, 2011, 11:37:32 am »

I tried throwing the file into my actual DF folder, and it worked. So, if anyone else is having this problem, try that.
So, it was a security context problem. Good to see it resolved :)

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: April 06, 2011, 03:47:15 pm »

Why does the Readme.html file in the dfhack directory not list the options for dfprospector?  Where are the command line options documented?  Am I going to have to go dig through source code?
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 108