Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 108

Author Topic: DFHack 0.5.15 (legacy)  (Read 391907 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.5.15
« Reply #1515 on: June 18, 2011, 01:43:09 pm »

here's what it involves:

First, do a search for all the numbers in the DF memory.

then, wait for some critters to spawn, say.. 5 groundhogs.

then, you find which number is reduced by 5.

then wait for more groundhogs to appear.

keep going and you might just find out which number is being used for the number of available groundhogs. now you have to find out what refers to that number.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: June 18, 2011, 01:57:20 pm »

here's what it involves:

First, do a search for all the numbers in the DF memory.

then, wait for some critters to spawn, say.. 5 groundhogs.

then, you find which number is reduced by 5.

then wait for more groundhogs to appear.

keep going and you might just find out which number is being used for the number of available groundhogs. now you have to find out what refers to that number.
...I'm hoping there's a way to generalize once you've got the memory positions for a few species instead of having to figure out each creature's memory position individually. Having to do each species one by one would be terrible  :(

Anyway, I'll leave it up to someone who actually knows what they're doing to decide if this is possible and worth the effort. Thanks for the information.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Root Infinity

• Bay Watcher
  • Why?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: June 18, 2011, 03:36:46 pm »

Would it be possibly to do a "reset" function? It would iterate through the entire map (obviously slow) recalculating tempature, passibility, and (possibly) aboveground status.
Classic Medieval sexist views are awesome when they work out in your favor.
Noone likes my witty comments enough to sig them.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: June 18, 2011, 05:14:05 pm »

About the number of animals on the map thing, wouldn't it be possible to find that information in an uncompressed save?  Or is that stuff too complex to even begin finding useful stuff? (Other than FB and titan raws of course)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Root Infinity

• Bay Watcher
  • Why?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: June 18, 2011, 06:53:01 pm »

About the number of animals on the map thing, wouldn't it be possible to find that information in an uncompressed save?  Or is that stuff too complex to even begin finding useful stuff? (Other than FB and titan raws of course)

Hmm... Does anyone have any information about the saves (Assuming uncompressed for now...)? It would be interesting to go through them with a hex editor and a file comparer (Copy save. Change nothing, leaving game paused. Save. Anything changed? What about if you just change the view? What changed? Et cetera...) but I really don't want to duplicate any work already done (if any).

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #1520 on: June 18, 2011, 08:12:10 pm »

Hmm... Does anyone have any information about the saves (Assuming uncompressed for now...)?

I've mainly looked at WORLD.DAT files (worlds with no active adventurer/fort), but yeah.
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

daego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: June 19, 2011, 06:18:51 pm »

I dropped the new tick offset from https://github.com/peterix/dfhack/commit/b29871cb8c3d428925f001a379441c2ba21cd840 to the master branch locally. I can confirm the offset changes (just by dumping out
Code: [Select]
d>tick_offset) but via my tools or dfposition, I don't see "Tick" ever changing from 0. I know it's not from the return 0 fall-through case.

Am I just really bad at this? I don't necessarily see other changes on the dfapi branch that would impact the offset...

Root Infinity

• Bay Watcher
  • Why?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: June 19, 2011, 06:41:47 pm »

Hmm... Does anyone have any information about the saves (Assuming uncompressed for now...)?

I've mainly looked at WORLD.DAT files (worlds with no active adventurer/fort), but yeah.

Nice job so far!

You seem to have taken an entirely different approach than I would have. Interesting...

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1523 on: June 19, 2011, 09:48:32 pm »

Right. I have a very basic plugin system in place now working on both Windows and Linux. It's a start I guess.

And here's a current binary build for Linux. Just extract to a linux 31.25 directory and run 'dfhack' from a terminal. The terminal will be transformed into a DFHack console.
https://github.com/downloads/peterix/dfhack/dfhack-kittens.tar.gz

To have full support for plugin development, I'll have to add a few things to the build system... I want to have a binary SDK people can just download and build things on top of.

Stay tuned :D

EDIT: prospector plugin. Just drop it in. http://dethware.org/prospector.plug.so

Am I just really bad at this? I don't necessarily see other changes on the dfapi branch that would impact the offset...
Well, no idea. The offset is only for Windows... and I haven't really bothered to test it to be honest. It mainly affects dwarf beard color in stonesense...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 10:18:25 pm by peterix »

daego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: June 19, 2011, 10:06:16 pm »

I'm using Windows; no biggie. I had a status-like plugin using it that graphed and tracked the status of resources over time: http://i.imgur.com/8Tsys.png -- I swapped the graphs for random data for now but the figures are correct as far as I can tell.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1525 on: June 19, 2011, 10:14:50 pm »

I'm using Windows; no biggie. I had a status-like plugin using it that graphed and tracked the status of resources over time: http://i.imgur.com/8Tsys.png -- I swapped the graphs for random data for now but the figures are correct as far as I can tell.
Looks pretty cool. Hmm. Maybe some offset hunting is in order :D

Artanis00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: June 20, 2011, 02:11:55 am »

To have full support for plugin development, I'll have to add a few things to the build system... I want to have a binary SDK people can just download and build things on top of.

Personally, I'd like to see support for plugins that are distributed by source instead of compiled binaries. Python, for example; and instead of an SDK, dfhack stuff would be in a package supplied by the plugin system.

I'm not really keen on people distributing binaries. Seems like it would be too easy to slip something nasty in.
Git - fast, efficient, distributed version control system
Github - Free public repositories, issue tracking, wikis, downloads...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: June 20, 2011, 02:14:20 am »

Personally, I'd like to see support for plugins that are distributed by source instead of compiled binaries. Python, for example; and instead of an SDK, dfhack stuff would be in a package supplied by the plugin system.

I'm not really keen on people distributing binaries. Seems like it would be too easy to slip something nasty in.

I am not writing stonesense in python.

Hell.

No.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1528 on: June 20, 2011, 03:26:14 am »

Well, rejoice! Before, I was getting in sideways and telling people to disable their rabid antivirus programs and poorly designed OS protections. Now I'll be distributing binaries that don't have to 'break in', so to speak. This is a massive improvement. And it's damn fast in comparison with other alternatives.

I can see how this could be used by some nasty person to do bad things, sure... but they could do it before and they'll be able to do it no matter how I change DFHack. The key thing is to *NOT* download binaries from someone you don't trust. I give you source code of everything I release. Read it. Compile it. You don't need the binaries, those are just for convenience.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: June 20, 2011, 04:18:02 am »

I want to know because it's not really clear to me, does new DFhack can attach to other DF programs if its in one DF folder or do I need to copy and paste the same DFhack to the others to get it to work?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 108