Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 366090 times)

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #135 on: June 18, 2010, 09:35:11 pm »

Np :)
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 18, 2010, 09:43:29 pm »

Hey, man, testing is what we're here for.

Well, I'm just here to have fun, but helping this thing come along is fun, so...

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Adultratedhydra

• Bay Watcher
  • That is a hydralisk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 18, 2010, 09:47:00 pm »

Well i got a new crash just then. testing out how i can steal other creatures for my fort so i set one of my dwarves to Diplomat and sure enough he popped up as friendly. tried switching him back, crashed Runesmith and DF. so apparently thats not how you steal other people XD
If violence isnt solving your problem then add magma.

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 18, 2010, 09:53:29 pm »

Well i got a new crash just then. testing out how i can steal other creatures for my fort so i set one of my dwarves to Diplomat and sure enough he popped up as friendly. tried switching him back, crashed Runesmith and DF. so apparently thats not how you steal other people XD

Last post before bed  :D  I just tried setting the diplomat flag on a few and it hasn't crashed mine so that will need a bit investigation. A message just pops up saying a diplomat has left unhappy, then they leave :S Might just be one of those things tbh, I mean we are just messing around with DF's memory so certain things will have odd effects
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

rgon842

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 18, 2010, 10:34:25 pm »

Very nice!  :D Those fixes did the job!

Thanks once again sizeak for this wonderful tool. It has made my game complete. Can't wait for the new features you're planning on adding.

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 18, 2010, 10:39:13 pm »

Seems to break crash DF and itself if you try to open it up before loading a save-game.
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.

Adultratedhydra

• Bay Watcher
  • That is a hydralisk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 19, 2010, 12:22:09 am »

Id suggest. for a future update possibly. a heal button of some sort.
If violence isnt solving your problem then add magma.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 19, 2010, 05:15:00 am »

I have a xp and it seems I can't move to other parts of the utility.
it's just stuck at the check dwarfs section.
also I'm on deon's genesis mod since it's the only .06 version of dwarf fortress.

wait I can edit the happiness of dwarfs but that is all, everything else is pretty much irresponsible.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 05:33:35 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Coronel_Niel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 19, 2010, 05:22:08 am »

Button to reload raws would be nice, good help to modders.

Looks fantastic, nice work with the quick updates to fix bugs.

Going to test it now.

System: Vista 64

Things I noticed: (Yeah, I get that its an alpha)

The newest download still has the "failed to write" when it writes anyway... Not much, just annouying

Editing traits adds a drop down box with nothing in it

First letter of first names are undercase, minor. I take it this is due to the old hungarian thing where you name veriables lower case first?

Refreshing asks if you want to write changes even if you havent made any.
Might want to add a ruitine that checks if you have made any changes, ie, you make a change and it sets a value to 1/true, then when you refresh its reset.

Mood tab is empty (Only when you have moods maybe? Sorry if I misunderstood this)

Attributes are bugged anyway. I THINK it reads the wrong persons attributes. Infact im certain on this. Change an attribute, set it, it will show you a different value, then you click back on the person u changed and its fine.
This happens with alot of things. You click the person, change the value, set it, it highlights the same person but anouther one is selected and anouther person's stuff is edited.

Overall: Usable, putting up with the bugs becuase this utility is just that awsome.

Ohh yeah. And apparently trolls never get angry. (Traits)

And all demons are female.

And I can see tamming unkillable titans a good defence
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 11:58:18 am by Coronel_Niel »

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 19, 2010, 06:43:50 am »

Seems to break crash DF and itself if you try to open it up before loading a save-game.

Hit the big red button. It will fix DF being unresponsive, then re-connect when a game is loaded

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 19, 2010, 07:07:37 am »

Id suggest. for a future update possibly. a heal button of some sort.

The new damage system needs working out first :)

I have a xp and it seems I can't move to other parts of the utility.
it's just stuck at the check dwarfs section.
also I'm on deon's genesis mod since it's the only .06 version of dwarf fortress.

wait I can edit the happiness of dwarfs but that is all, everything else is pretty much irresponsible.

Hmm I'm not sure on this, I'll have to gain access to an xp machine for testing

Button to reload raws, good help with modding.

Looks fantastic, nice work with the quick updates to fix bugs.

Going to test it now.

System: Vista 64

Things I noticed: (Yeah, I get that its an alpha)

The newest download still has the "failed to write" when it writes anyway... Not much, just annouying

Editing traits adds a drop down box with nothing in it

First letter of first names are undercase, minor. I take it this is due to the old hungarian thing where you name veriables lower case first?

Refreshing asks if you want to write changes even if you havent made any.
Might want to add a ruitine that checks if you have made any changes, ie, you make a change and it sets a value to 1/true, then when you refresh its reset.

Mood tab is empty (Only when you have moods maybe? Sorry if I misunderstood this)

Attributes are bugged anyway. I THINK it reads the wrong persons attributes. Infact im certain on this. Change an attribute, set it, it will show you a different value, then you click back on the person u changed and its fine.
This happens with alot of things. You click the person, change the value, set it, it highlights the same person but anouther one is selected and anouther person's stuff is edited.

Overall: Usable, putting up with the bugs becuase this utility is just that awsome.

Ohh yeah. And apparently trolls never get angry. (Traits)

And all demons are female.

And I can see tamming unkillable titans a good defence

If it's saying failed to write it's because something has failed to be written and the flag keep track of whether that thing needs to written or not will not be reset till it is successfully written. There is a check to see if changes have been made and it's reset when all changes are successfully written. Maybe the keep trying till it works is not what everyone wants and a refresh should wipe any changes if no is answered?

I don't get any 'false' write changes message so you must have changed something even if it was to the same value. Either that or something failed to write previously in which case it is still trying to write that value. as I said above I can set it to wipe changes on a no answer if that's what people want.

Mood tab is empty when you don't have a mood. Though the fact that the field name's aren't displayed is a bug  and I'll fix asap. I have also done something to cause a bug in the editable fields under the mood tab which will also need fixing asap.

Umm I don't have any problems editing the wrong persons attributes, try hitting enter or clicking off the edited one onto another part of the same table view (the same white box not trying to be condescending). Editing traits seems fine for me :S

I can't do fixes till a bit later as I have to go out, sorry. Will do them in a few hours
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 10:50:14 am by sizeak »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 19, 2010, 07:15:20 am »

I found a temp solution to my problem. I need to swap between two windows to navigate through the utility. task manager has a always on top so one could swap between(DF also to).

oh so does this only work on 31.06 or does it work for any of the 31.# if the later then maybe I could go back to using 03.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 19, 2010, 08:51:09 am »

I'm back to windows so I will try your tool, it looks good.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 19, 2010, 08:54:53 am »

wait, how did you manage to get DF to start responding again after it stopped?

Labhras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 19, 2010, 10:17:54 am »

I can't seem to figure out how things work, and when I try to write the changes, it gives me an error and says nothing was written.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 106