Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 366069 times)

armrha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #825 on: November 17, 2010, 02:18:32 pm »

Why is everyone so pushy. Calm down. Even stuff like: "waiting for update". If you are just going to sit there idle and then remind people you are doing so to rush them along, please just don't post and learn to program and just make your own if you really are just going to sit there waiting for it. I don't know how we got this sense of entitlement to free utilities and infinite support for them but it is my least favorite thing about this community.

TheJackal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: November 17, 2010, 03:55:50 pm »

Why is everyone so pushy. Calm down. Even stuff like: "waiting for update". If you are just going to sit there idle and then remind people you are doing so to rush them along, please just don't post and learn to program and just make your own if you really are just going to sit there waiting for it. I don't know how we got this sense of entitlement to free utilities and infinite support for them but it is my least favorite thing about this community.

How is the air up there on your high horse?

SquidgyB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: November 17, 2010, 05:43:16 pm »

No, really. There's always a lot of kid in the backseat "are we there yet?" on every release.

There's no malice intended in trying to stem the tide, even if it won't stop it completely.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: November 17, 2010, 06:14:47 pm »

I would so jump on making my own utilities if it wasn't for the fact that staring at Dfhack codes is as about as much sense as staring into C++ or Java with out a book on how to write in it.
If there was a How to guide some where I would at least make a attempt at doing so.
I love to see if making designation work in adventurer mode so ordering companions to build in areas will make those lairs much more enjoyable and customizable. alas it's a pipe dream, still enjoy the faux building tweak gives me and the chance of making certain items block the path also a good say to decorate the place.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

DFPongo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: November 17, 2010, 07:00:02 pm »

See I would say that the person that bluntly demanded an update was on his high horse. Maybe horses work differently where you live.

TheJackal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: November 18, 2010, 01:24:23 am »

See I would say that the person that bluntly demanded an update was on his high horse. Maybe horses work differently where you live.

That is a silly notion, thinking that the function of horses could be geographically dependent. Though I do wonder where someone bluntly demanded an update - it must have been way upthread. I admit I didn't read all of the 55+ pages.

How close are we to an update?
Could take a bit of time.
I'll do a dfhack release with some of the base utils today, with 31.18 support (not 31.17, it's not worth supporting). Probably no weather data, no creature data and no items. The new ghost stuff will shake things up a bit too, so the creature part isn't just offset finding, but also understanding the changes. Offsets the DT guys already found will help a bit (as usual), but it's just a fraction of what dfhack/stonesense/runesmith/etc. need.

Thanks for the update, by the way. I'm looking forward to seeing the new release.

DFPongo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: November 19, 2010, 02:16:42 am »

Ya, I guess you wouldn't notice.

Stormrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: November 22, 2010, 06:55:20 am »

Hmmm, I tried copying the memory.xml (and changing it to memory-ng.xml) and dfhack.dll over from the new DFHack release to Runesmith folder to try and use it with the new version, but it doesn't work. Anyone had better luck?

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: November 22, 2010, 07:25:55 am »

Hmmm, I tried copying the memory.xml (and changing it to memory-ng.xml) and dfhack.dll over from the new DFHack release to Runesmith folder to try and use it with the new version, but it doesn't work. Anyone had better luck?

Maybe because it's not that simple and maybe because there aren't offsets for creatures yet which would explain why there isn't a Runesmith update... Also I don't condone or support users updating it themselves and as such don't offer support for self update problems.
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: November 22, 2010, 09:45:29 am »

Maybe because it's not that simple and maybe because there aren't offsets for creatures yet which would explain why there isn't a Runesmith update... Also I don't condone or support users updating it themselves and as such don't offer support for self update problems.
Thanks for the reply Sizeak.  The "why" is helping me wait patiently for the "when"!
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: November 22, 2010, 12:46:39 pm »

I downloaded the DFHack Source for the .16 version -- And I noticed that memory.xml and memory-ng.xml aren't the same file.
You'll probably find that the memory.xml doesn't have the same offsets as memory-ng.xml.
I think that in order to update the memory-ng.xml, you may have to read through it individually and check the values.

I've also noticed when upgrading from .12 to .16 with stonesence's old version, you only need to update the memory file (whichever one it is), but you do not need  to update the dfhack.dll.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #836 on: November 22, 2010, 01:54:28 pm »

I downloaded the DFHack Source for the .16 version -- And I noticed that memory.xml and memory-ng.xml aren't the same file.
You'll probably find that the memory.xml doesn't have the same offsets as memory-ng.xml.
I think that in order to update the memory-ng.xml, you may have to read through it individually and check the values.

I've also noticed when upgrading from .12 to .16 with stonesence's old version, you only need to update the memory file (whichever one it is), but you do not need  to update the dfhack.dll.
To get the right file in the proper place, you have to build DFhack. (eventually, DFHack may be partially generated from the xml file).  memory.xml is the file in old format, which didn't support groups. memory-ng.xml has groups AND in DFHack 0.5.1 also entry invalidation. All the tools need to be rebuilt against 0.5.1 to support that. Older tools will ignore the invalidation scheme and use offsets inherited from 31.16 that weren't found yet (marked as invalid), leading to hard crashes instead of errors that can be handled properly.

Anyway, I should have the creature offsets soon :)

Jiri Petru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: November 24, 2010, 12:55:52 pm »

I've recently started using Runesmith as the only way that can "fix" FPS loss from walling off "things" - just kill them all, and you can revive them later when you tear the barricade down. So thanks for this utility. Looking forward for the next version.
Yours,
Markus Cz. Clasplashes

sizeak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: November 24, 2010, 01:05:55 pm »

I've recently started using Runesmith as the only way that can "fix" FPS loss from walling off "things" - just kill them all, and you can revive them later when you tear the barricade down. So thanks for this utility. Looking forward for the next version.

Glad you like it, an update will be released as soon as all the required offsets have been found. If only toady would implement some kind of mod interface so it wasn't necessary :/
Runesmith - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59056.0 - A Dwarf Companion like tool

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: November 24, 2010, 03:52:18 pm »

ohh yeah about that... they will come back wrong, when creatures die they tend to separate from their bodies in this version. so removing the dead killed flags will leave a 'ghost' of the person so until a heal function pops in dead people just stay dead.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 106