Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should this be made into one of the new DFHack plugins? (This is not binding)

Yes, I want to be able to use it with the DFHack console
- 288 (45.6%)
No, I like the stand alone QT version
- 140 (22.2%)
Both
- 204 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 631

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 106

Author Topic: Runesmith - A DC like tool  (Read 366057 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Runesmith - A DC like tool
« Reply #1395 on: May 25, 2012, 12:18:39 am »

okay that shouldn't happen. Could you show me where you place the script to see what went wrong.

It because that error only happens if print line(where ? would be located) was botched and made dfusion think ? leads to something.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

mithosaurion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: May 25, 2012, 09:25:55 am »

okay that shouldn't happen. Could you show me where you place the script to see what went wrong.

It because that error only happens if print line(where ? would be located) was botched and made dfusion think ? leads to something.

Nevermind... I figured it out.  I had the  tools.menu:add("Buffanything",tools.buffanything) line above the code for the tool itself...

Now I just need to figure out which skills correspond to which number!  :D

zeta0z

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: May 25, 2012, 09:57:46 am »

Okay, I'm bit new in this forum, but I want to say thanks to rumrusher for helping me. Your guide for the skill mod thing is very2 helpful. :)
But can u help me?, I'm a bit stuck at getting the tools into dfusion like mithosaurion did (which in this case he put the tools at number 7). How to do that?
Do I have to put the script in .txt. or .lua and put in dfusion folder?
And is there anyways that I can get a specific coordinate from the in-game cursor in x,y,z? I'm making my own teleporting tools..
Or maybe is there anyways that I can select the unit then transport it to the next coordinate under the cursor without knowing the first nor second coordinate before (so I dont have to do unit.pos.x=.... and so...)?

mithosaurion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: May 25, 2012, 10:06:44 am »

It depends on where you put it in the .lua file. I put mine right after the impregnate tool.

zeta0z

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: May 25, 2012, 10:31:29 am »

Well, in my case, i just put the script in a notepad so that i can copy paste it, so when I wanna use it, I must retype (recopy - paste it) it every time I start DF.exe again.

It won't save...

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: May 25, 2012, 10:37:00 am »

Just wanted to mention, in light of the lack of Runesmith updates, I went ahead and made three dfhack lua scripts that replicate three functions I used in Runesmith.

First, elevate_physical.lua to adjust physical attributes.
Second, elevate_mental.lua to adjust mental attributes.
Third, brainwash.lua to "fix" personality issues.

Ah, the things I do to get a perfect mayor, eh?  :)

Anyway, I hope those are useful to those pining for Runesmith.  Any and all of those three scripts can be trivially modified to make adjustments more to your liking, if you wish.  If you don't understand how to use them, PM me or post here and I'll explain further.

Dimrill

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: May 26, 2012, 05:12:31 pm »

Hi there guys, forum newb here asking for a little help. I've got a clump of dirty big demons banging on my lower door looking dead menacing and murderous and I'm quite eager for them to drop dead all of a sudden and not kill my precious dorfs to a smeary paste. Is there any way I can use an .lua to hover the cursor over them and make the pain go away? I've been using the above scripts by vjek to excellent effect so far.

I used to use Runesmith for such emergencies, but I understand the lovely author is in the final phases of Uni study (good luck by the way). Yes, I am a dirty big cheaty cheat.

*gets down on knees in hope*

Hamek McEisenfaust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: May 26, 2012, 06:29:10 pm »

Just wanted to mention, in light of the lack of Runesmith updates, I went ahead and made three dfhack lua scripts that replicate three functions I used in Runesmith.

First, elevate_physical.lua to adjust physical attributes.
Second, elevate_mental.lua to adjust mental attributes.
Third, brainwash.lua to "fix" personality issues.

Ah, the things I do to get a perfect mayor, eh?  :)

Anyway, I hope those are useful to those pining for Runesmith.  Any and all of those three scripts can be trivially modified to make adjustments more to your liking, if you wish.  If you don't understand how to use them, PM me or post here and I'll explain further.
Will these only function with the newest release of DF? i have not jumped feet first into .10 YET, as i still have a fortress im currently building in .07 and would like to see it complete prior to making the jump to the latest version..... also, im kinda twitchy as there isnt a LNP for .10 yet which i use religiously. Thanks
"here's 7 inebriated borderline psychotic bastards, go dig out a living space for 200 of them that will be coming soon btw there's also a terrible tentacle monster-panda made out of barf to deal with have fun" -PsychicKid

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: May 26, 2012, 10:49:49 pm »

Yes, those .lua scripts currently work with 34.10.  They definitely don't work with 34.07.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: May 26, 2012, 10:53:37 pm »

Hi there guys, forum newb here asking for a little help. I've got a clump of dirty big demons banging on my lower door looking dead menacing and murderous and I'm quite eager for them to drop dead all of a sudden and not kill my precious dorfs to a smeary paste. Is there any way I can use an .lua to hover the cursor over them and make the pain go away? I've been using the above scripts by vjek to excellent effect so far.

I used to use Runesmith for such emergencies, but I understand the lovely author is in the final phases of Uni study (good luck by the way). Yes, I am a dirty big cheaty cheat.

*gets down on knees in hope*
If you're looking for a script to kill whatever is under the target, that should be relatively easy to do.  It may even just be one or two status flags, which are pretty simple to toggle. I'll look into it monday or tuesday, if someone else hasn't by then.  However, if you posted in the dfhack thread with a request for "I would like a script that kills whatever is under the cursor" (heck there may already be something contributed that does that) you may get a response faster.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: May 28, 2012, 04:54:39 am »

DFHack has a kill under cursor command as i believe anyway:) bt wfor those cheaty bastarts like me using scripts from vjek (thanks a lot for them btw) - maximum stats are a little bit over 34500 - if you put more it will go to negative value (btw Runesmith managed to give me 60000 for some reason in 31.25 times).

Dimrill

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: May 28, 2012, 06:51:31 am »

Cor, it does? I've scoured the readme and can't find the command. Off the top of your head can you recall what it is?

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: May 28, 2012, 06:58:57 am »

i think it was just "kill" and it kills that is undr cursor. Just type ls and it will give the list of all commands in dfhack:) Or try "man kill" (man here means shor for manual - you can try man any_command_name_here to see its description and arguments).

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: May 28, 2012, 07:12:17 am »

DFHack has a kill under cursor command as i believe anyway:) bt wfor those cheaty bastarts like me using scripts from vjek (thanks a lot for them btw) - maximum stats are a little bit over 34500 - if you put more it will go to negative value (btw Runesmith managed to give me 60000 for some reason in 31.25 times).
why have a kill command when you can convert them.
Have a huge wild creature in the area just use some script to tame and enlist them to the military.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: May 28, 2012, 07:34:48 am »

why have a kill command when you can convert them.
Have a huge wild creature in the area just use some script to tame and enlist them to the military.

Well first of all a script to save for that kind of thing would be good if you have any:) And second - kill is for KILL:) Then you want it dead and butchered:)
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 106