Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3258 3259 [3260] 3261 3262 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3572396 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

He was a domesticated silver fox, not a dog. Still terrible what happened though. :(
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 04:51:58 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

...is it possible the dog/fox did actually bite someone and was put down as a result? How was this dog taken away and killed without the owners knowing, anyway? Did they not know where their dog is?

More information is needed before condemnation starts.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Foamybeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KEK in all things.
    • View Profile

Is this real? Please don't let it be real.
The police need a new slogan since "Protect & Serve" is a lie due to the fact that a court case determined that police have no obligation to do either.
In light of this new incident, how about: "Shoot minorities, kill puppies, no consequences!"

More like 'Shoot a thug attacking you, no consequences'.

Anywho. Got into a... Verbal debate with a Co-worker I ran into at the mall outside the local Regal Cinemas today. Total SJW - The worst kind you find in Tumblr-Slime Pits. Within ten minutes of the conversation he hit every single bulletpoint I see those people swinging around:

Everything something that whites didn't come up with they aren't allowed to look at, its Cultural Appropriation.
Dictionary Definition of Racism isn't valid because it was written by a white man.
'PoCs' can't oppress Whites.
Accused me of being a racist white man because I disagreed.
Accused me of INTERNALIZED RACISM when I pointed out that I'm Native American.
Accused me of being an MRA because I was wearing a Fedora my grandfather used to wear when he was my age. (How does this logic even work?)
Muh Patriarchy.
Muh Manspreading.
My Muh-soggy-knee.
Threw the dictionary definition of Feminism at me.
Claimed that the definition changed to mean something else when I pointed out he said the dictionary was written by a white man and thus Invalid.
Stormed off and claimed that 'Its not my job to educate you, check your privlege' when I began to press him to stay on one topic and not jump from topic to topic after he randomly accused me of Tansphobia/Homophobia (Right infront of my best friend who is gay, and a Transman, too.)

So... Infuriating. And here I was hoping I'd enjoy my day off and go to the movies with a friend.

Oh, and the movie we saw sucked, too. :/ Pretty pissed about it all.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 05:18:06 pm by Foamybeard »
Dwarf Fortress Immortality: Cask of Amontillado-ing all your dwarves.
I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

...is it possible the dog/fox did actually bite someone and was put down as a result? How was this dog taken away and killed without the owners knowing, anyway? Did they not know where their dog is?

This. For all we know, the dog/tame wild (!) animal really did bite someone, and this was just written by someone who is being willfully blind.
'Had no information' might mean 'weren't allowed to divulge information', for example.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

At what point should we consider something a wild animal or not anymore? The fox in question was obtained from a breeder (which according to the blog the owner had taken many, many precautions and fact checking to make sure they were legitimate beforehand) and had been bred specifically for being suitable for keeping as a pet. Genuine question here.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 05:23:56 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

At what point should we consider something a wild animal or not anymore? The fox in question was obtained from a breeder and had been bred specifically for being suitable for keeping as a pet. Genuine question here.

If they have the papers to show they bought it from the breeders, then they have some legal recourse, especially if no evidence of an attack can be found.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

This. For all we know, the dog/tame wild (!) animal really did bite someone, and this was just written by someone who is being willfully blind.
'Had no information' might mean 'weren't allowed to divulge information', for example.
Maybe, but this bares the hallmarks of malicious reporting. Floods of bite claims from people on the internet who also politically oppose pets? Suspicious at best.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile

Why 'floods of bite claims from people on the internet'? IIRC it was a single report... And where was anyone involved who politically opposed pets?

At what point should we consider something a wild animal or not anymore? The fox in question was obtained from a breeder (which according to the blog the owner had taken many, many precautions and fact checking to make sure they were legitimate beforehand) and had been bred specifically for being suitable for keeping as a pet. Genuine question here.
Eh, there's little doubt that the critter was tame - but it certainly was not domesticated. Domestication needs many, many generations, and IIRC the whole silver fox thing started in the Cold War USSR.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

... That doesn't preclude "many generations." Foxes breed quickly, sexual maturity after 8 or so months, and the experiment had gone through 30 to 35 generations by 1999.

Not to mention, this is extremely directed breeding, with people who know modern genetics.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

And? It's fucking wrong that the go-to response when a dog/other creature bites a human is to summarily execute it.
I don't see how euthanizing a baby for crying too loudly or vomiting on someone would be somehow worse/more of an overreaction?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Really? It's animals biting humans. I don't really see why you wouldn't put them down for doing that.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

We don't put humans down for harming humans. (Well, unless you live in Texas...)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Given in... well, generally a majority of cases, it's the human's fault the animal bit? At least when it comes to domestic animals. Generally not going to get too annoyed at a dog for biting someone that's tormenting them. Wouldn't blame a person for knocking someone that poked them in the eye to the floor, either.

Beyond that, it's ultimately the owner's responsibility. If they've fucked up badly enough putting the animal down is actually required, then it should happen, but that's very rarely the case in everything I've seen.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Wait, foxes aren't even that big. How is a fox bite considered dangerous? I mean, it would hurt, sure, but I'd be surprised if you could get a major injury from a tame(ish?) fox.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

Foxes have strong jaws for their size and very sharp teeth, a tenacious attack could cause considerable damage.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 3258 3259 [3260] 3261 3262 ... 3345