Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 342

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress: The Development Page  (Read 1571985 times)

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress: The Development Page
« Reply #4455 on: April 14, 2011, 01:00:15 am »

Game will crash after creating 90000 creatures in city.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: April 14, 2011, 01:25:26 am »

A civ in a temperate region will build the city from ice... then when summer rolls around, the entire city will melt into te ground.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: April 14, 2011, 02:28:30 am »

-Grazing animals generate in inappropriate areas, don't have enough space, go on a bender and murder everyone
-Some denizens are simultaneously bandit group members and citizens of whereverville, when you go to the town they attack you and start a loyalty cascade
-House In River
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: April 14, 2011, 08:18:33 am »

A city wall will Dam a river and cause the entire city to flood (even if this doesnt happen some one will start a fort on site to make it happen.

All the cities will die out after 200 years of world gen

carp will depopulate a city
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: April 14, 2011, 09:07:57 am »

carp will depopulate a city

Carp will found a city.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: April 14, 2011, 10:24:12 am »

the road plan is forced to be on one level, forcing half of towns near cliffs/mountains to be either dug into the mountainside or built on massive stilts.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4461 on: April 14, 2011, 10:31:54 am »

Z and X will be occasionally swapped, causing horizontal cities  complete with NPCs plunging hundreds of feet down roads before splattering against shack walls.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4462 on: April 14, 2011, 10:47:51 am »

Z and X will be occasionally swapped, causing horizontal cities  complete with NPCs plunging hundreds of feet down roads before splattering against shack walls.

And peasants being teleported into the walls.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4463 on: April 14, 2011, 12:09:50 pm »

Houses will occasionally extend infinitely up and down, from the top of the sky down to the bottom of HFS.
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: April 14, 2011, 12:20:36 pm »

Megabeast lairs will be in the cities. Citizens will be very sparse, as in one every hundred houses.
Blargh.

caknuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: April 14, 2011, 12:29:58 pm »

-Every city will re enact the running of the bulls in Pampalona, except the entire town population will be chased by a solitary enraged badger.
-Volcano cities (imagine the insurance premiums!)
Quote from: Primary
*Kneels before Urist Dickpuncher*

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: April 14, 2011, 03:16:35 pm »

Megabeast lairs will be in the cities.

I have no problem with megabeast lairs being in cities.

Heck even in fantasy it isn't that uncommon for there to be sprawling monster filled catacombes inside cities. Heck Britania has a HUGE sprawling super dungeon sewer.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: April 14, 2011, 03:55:42 pm »

Well we are here on something i think. Many citys have they own own creatures - good and evil. New York has its crocodiles (and daleks), Prague has skeletons walking certain streets not to mention the Golem, my hometown has (among others) a demonic Monk, a headless Gravedigger, and a restless smith. It doesnt has to be megabeasts but some trolls and asorted creatures and beings might be neat. It would be neat thought if some were still made up hehe.

edit: And dont forget Ankou on every graveyard.

edit2: gah its late - cant write straight. 
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 05:25:11 pm by Heph »
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4468 on: April 14, 2011, 05:05:40 pm »

Sewers! Outflow grates into river? Crocodile invasion!
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: April 14, 2011, 05:13:11 pm »

Well we are here on something i think. Many citys has its own creatures - good and evil. New York has its crocodiles (and daleks), Prague has skeletons walking certain streets not to mention the Golem, my hometown has (among others) a demonic Monk, a headless Gravedigger, and a restless smith. It doesnt has to be megabeasts but some trolls and asorted creatures and beings might be neat. It would be neat thought if some were still made up hehe.

edit: And dont forget Ankou on every graveyard.

A titan that has a religious following living in a city, or better yet, a temple built to that titan?  Good idea for some city flavor.

People building their city on top of a titan's front doorstep, so that the instant a player starts a game in a random city, he's in the middle of a titan's rampage?  Obvious bug.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 342