Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1501238 times)

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #735 on: December 18, 2010, 11:00:36 pm »

Dear UristMcVandal

JGKGLVJAVG
WHY DID YOU DESTROY THE FARM FLOODGATE
GJKVJHRG
THE FARM WAS ALMOST DRY, AND YOU GO FLOOD IT AGAIN.
HVFLEHVTJLHGL
NOW WE CAN'T HELP URISTMCFEY, WE CANT GROW ANY PIG TAILS!
KFH;KVGRHWI

that is all.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: December 18, 2010, 11:29:52 pm »

Dear Urist McMason

Um. Before you ask, this is my own fault, but. We kind of need a hatch cover. No biggie, but, ah, for aesthetic reasons, I'd kind of like to block off that stairway down to a magma-flooded cavern. So. Could you get on that, real quick? Thanks.

On a lighter note, we're all very lucky I didn't decide to build that second magma smelter in the other direction! ... No, the fancy bedrooms for the original seven wouldn't have been flooded. The walls were up. We would have just lost a bunch of cassiterite.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 11:36:26 pm by billybobfred »
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Urist McTaverish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: December 18, 2010, 11:31:44 pm »

Actually, it's a Paranoia reference, not a 1984 reference.
Kinda a combination because I'm sure Friend Computer wouldn't call itself "comrade."
Here at Bay12, we're constantly looking for ways to set the world on fire.
But at least after all the chaos, the weather cleared.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: December 19, 2010, 02:13:50 am »

Dear Dr. Urist

You have all medical labors activated.
NOW GO SAVE URISTMCHELPLESS, WHO JUST HAD HIS FOOT RIPPED OFF.

GO AND HELP HIM,
Your invisible diety.

Kc_spot

• Bay Watcher
  • RAW RAW OUT THINK THA POWAH!!!
    • View Profile
    • DFnoob
« Reply #739 on: December 19, 2010, 12:35:23 pm »

Dear Dr. Urist

You have all medical labors activated.
NOW GO SAVE URISTMCHELPLESS, WHO JUST HAD HIS FOOT RIPPED OFF.

GO AND HELP HIM,
Your invisible diety.

This. My medic has nothing but medical jobs on... THE RECRUIT IS MISSING A ARM!!! HELP HIM ALREADY!!!!
Yours is the fort that will pierce the hells!

Oh look, A DF blog.

This is a goblin skull loo. all craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with troll teeth.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: December 19, 2010, 03:20:52 pm »

Actually, it's a Paranoia reference, not a 1984 reference.
Kinda a combination because I'm sure Friend Computer wouldn't call itself "comrade."

...damn. Defeated by communist tricks again!
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: December 19, 2010, 11:59:06 pm »

Dear Urist McSoapMaker,
Alright, Tyler Durden, we have a bit of a problem. We're still working on reclaiming this fortress since everybody died recently, so we don't have all the dwarves we need to fill our requirements. In fact, the most important job of all has nobody to fulfill it. That's where you come in. You are now hereby our brewer. It's not that hard of a job, you'll get used to it. Good luck.

Signed,
Your Overseer

PS Also, a doctor. You're a doctor now. Try not to kill anybody.

Insert_Name

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: December 20, 2010, 01:32:36 am »

Dear Urist McMarksdwarf,

I understand that you ran out of ammo, and it was perfectly understandable when you left your post to get more. I had even constructed an entire extra floor on your tower to store more for these situations. However, it was not acceptable for you to leave the tower, walk along the unprotected cliff face to get more ammo from Arrmok knows where, and turn yourself into the elite goblin bowman's pincushion. Luckily, after I diverted the the rest of your squad from their post to a nearby cliff, they were able to kill the goblin before a fatal shot was fired, and you are no longer at risk of bleeding out. Unfortunately, you will still be held responsible for the death of Urist McMeleedwarf at the hands of the other elite goblin bowman who managed to slip past the chokepoint that your squad was meant to be defending.

Your Benevolent Overseer.

Dear Urist McDoctor,

Urist McMarksdwarf has been in the hospital for a month already, and his various injuries have still not received any treatment whatsoever. Normally I would deem this a suitable punishment for the harm his actions have caused to this fortress, but he is one of the very few dwarves we have capable of handling a crossbow, making him a valuable asset to our military. Should he succumb to any of the countless infections that have developed in his wounds, you and your useless colleagues will be punished as if you had murdered him with a conventional weapon. Be grateful that I am kind enough not to give you a greater punishment.

Your Benevolent Overseer.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: December 20, 2010, 01:56:34 am »

Dear UristMcAlligator,

That snailman didn't do anything to you, yet you tore it in half. Good job, we'll be capturing and taming you post-haste.

Your friendly neighbourhood fortress
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: December 20, 2010, 04:26:47 pm »

Dear Kobold McThief,

I appreciate your sneaking skills.  They must be legendary.  You got past several posts with war and hunting dogs.  You snuck past all my traps.  You eve snuck past a hallway full of military dwarves.  I am happy for you, seriously, but I have one question... why did you stab my puppy?  More importantly why did you skip past all the bedrooms, my vault, my offices, my stockpiles, AND my kitchen... to stab a poor, helpless, adorable puppy?

Sincerely, the Puppy Loving Overseer

Dear Urist McMilitary,

Why in the name of Armok did you let that kobold not only get past all the defenses... but why did you do absolutely nothing when he was on his way out after stabbing the puppy?  You take down siege by sheer dwarfy might alone!  You are all battle hardened, scarred, vicious, killing machines who no longer have feelings!  You shouldn't let some stinky, skulking kobold get away, especially after stabbing a puppy!  I swear if you weren't needed in defense of the fort and everything assaulting us I'd lock you all in my cleaning room and let you drown.

Sincerely, your Puppy Loving Overseer
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 04:32:26 pm by MythagoWoods »
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: December 20, 2010, 06:12:05 pm »

Dear migrants,

You still aren't especially good at anything. Except the doctor. She's the 4th one to be a High Master in both Diagnostician and Wound Dressing. Which still makes her the 4th one of her kind. And quite useless at that point. Why? Why do you useless morons keep cOming HEre desPITE The Dang""&icg"tvglgnzgbet ylr

[Musashi interrupted Writing a Note to Urist: too insane
Musashi has gone berserk!
Musashi is stationing the newest squad on a bridge.]
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: December 21, 2010, 01:42:12 am »

lulz
actually keep the doctor though. I had a dwarf die with 2 great doctors around... very helpful when fighting hoards of trolls from the caverns  :D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: December 21, 2010, 04:13:17 am »

lulz
actually keep the doctor though. I had a dwarf die with 2 great doctors around... very helpful when fighting hoards of trolls from the caverns  :D
I've kept all the doctors I've had. They are filling almost one full page in the nits screen. D:
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: December 21, 2010, 05:04:12 am »

then keep the top 5.

the rest go to the mulcher.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Barakahzai

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: December 21, 2010, 06:24:38 am »

Dear Urist McPeasant,

Thank you for taking your sweet time pulling the lever to keep out the dragon. Not only did the dragon waltz right in the front gate, managing to incinerate more than a quarter of the fort's population (including no less than 3 legendary engravers, 2 legendary miners, and my broker, mayor, captain of the guard) before the military lynched him, but my food supply also managed to catch fire as the dragon ravaged the lower levels of the fort. Now, thanks to you deciding hauling a plump helmet to what is now the smoldering remains of my pantry was more important than pulling the lever to keep out the dragon, my entire fort is dying of starvation. Thank you for your diligence in performing your duties as a peasant. Once I get this mess sorted, you're being promoted to gladiator.

Sincerely,
   Urist McOverlord

P.S. We here at the fortress take a BYOB approach to armor and weapons for gladiators. Cheers.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 504