Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1501169 times)

mr_seeker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #2415 on: November 01, 2011, 09:06:54 am »

Dear Urist McPump and Urist McScrew, when I say "pump", I didnt mean "jump"... Now I have to assign dwarves to get you out of the water.

EDIT: Urist McPump just found out how to swim...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 09:08:49 am by mr_seeker »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2416 on: November 01, 2011, 12:19:04 pm »

Urist McPump cancels swim. Carp.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: November 01, 2011, 02:40:12 pm »

Dear Urist Mc10MinuesWastedOnSkillAssignments,
Embark profiles can help next time.
If you're spending 10 minutes on skill assignments alone, then you're probably tailoring skills to individual dwarves. Embark profiles assign skills to dwarves based on their position in the list, not on their stats.

The DGC helps immensely here, although I often ignore its military suggestions in favour of picking dwarves who are fast healers and not horribly clumsy.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: November 01, 2011, 03:30:55 pm »

If you're spending 10 minutes on skill assignments alone, then you're probably tailoring skills to individual dwarves. Embark profiles assign skills to dwarves based on their position in the list, not on their stats.

The DGC helps immensely here, although I often ignore its military suggestions in favour of picking dwarves who are fast healers and not horribly clumsy.
Thanks! I even started preparing similar tool!
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: November 01, 2011, 04:12:16 pm »

Dear Urist McCrotchServerer,

Did you really go and server 3 Dwarves' crotches in a tantrum?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

mr_seeker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: November 01, 2011, 04:40:00 pm »

"You cheated on my wife!" *crotch attack*
"You cheated too!" *crotch attack*
"And you... I dont know, but I love the blood!" *crotch attack*

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: November 01, 2011, 04:40:57 pm »

"You cheated on my wife!" *crotch attack*
"You cheated too!" *crotch attack*
"And you... I dont know, but I love the blood!" *crotch attack*
Let's just hope those three dwarves weren't women  :o

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: November 01, 2011, 05:31:44 pm »

It helps, with gear if nothing else.

-----

Memo to Aban Halltufts, former stonecrafter of Dawnstone.
Aban, you aren't a stonecrafter anymore; that guy who kicked you out of the workshop and grabbed random stuff is your replacement. Don't worry, though, a position in the militia just opened up! Please report to the militia captain by noon tomorrow to obtain your equipment. We’ll start you with a training spear and move you to the real thing when we’re certain you won’t kill all of your squadmates.
Sincerely,
Olin “Great-Wyrm Bronze” Smootharrows, Expedition Leader, Manager, Sherrif, Broker, and Bookkeeper of Dawnstone.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: November 01, 2011, 07:58:58 pm »

To first modded Basilisk to successfully get bred, war trained, and used in combat,(nearly 4 months after I modded you all in)

Good Boy! 
Have a treat!

*envelope contains a choice chunk of raw cow meat*

Impressed by how efficiently you dealt with that master thief.  Seriously, you bit him in the head, latched on, injected venom, AND pushed him into the river in one attack.

Sincerely,
The Administration
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 08:02:23 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Togre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: November 02, 2011, 04:55:33 pm »

Dear Urist McLazyPants (aka Urist McManager/Bookkeeper/Broker),

Do you have any idea how close you came to death?  You are graced with the simplest, least labor intensive tasks of the entire fort.  You have all labors turned off so you do strain your voice.  When a caravan shows up, I don't even make you decide whether or not to go to the Depot, I gave you your very own burrow.  When you staid on break for half a month before reporting to said burrow, I wasn't angry.  When you promptly took a one month break at the Depot instead of trading, I wasn't angry.  When you laziness caused you to get thirsty, I started having facial twitches, but I removed the burrow.  When you decided to take another break after your drink and then grab a snack, I seriously started looking for the magma.  The only reason you are still alive is that you did manage to make a trade before the elves left and you got a giant moose.  That's nice, but you are pushing your luck.  I'm gonna keep an eye on you.

In unrelated news, workmen will be by your office this week to install a lever.  Please accommodate any of their needs.

Your Unamused Overseer
"Hey guys, you know how I've been repeatedly injuring you over and over again for the purpose of training up a team of high skilled doctors? Yeah well we didn't actually need to do that."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2425 on: November 02, 2011, 04:58:23 pm »

You mad bro? Bookkeepers have to record EVERY SINGLE ITEM IN YOUR FORTRESS. And there are a lot.

Brokers then have to EVALUATE EVERY SINGLE ITEM IN YOUR FORTRESS. And there are a lot.

Managers.... Well it depends. Sounds like you just have lazy peasants with name tags on their beards pretending to be Brokers and what not D:<

Togre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: November 02, 2011, 08:11:45 pm »

You mad bro?

Mad?   MAAADDD???     MAADDDDD!?!!

No?  Why you ask? 

But, yeah, I know he has actual work to do.  If he had been doing work I would have understood and been able to lighten his load.  But NOOOO, he's by the pool, winking at the cabana boys.
"Hey guys, you know how I've been repeatedly injuring you over and over again for the purpose of training up a team of high skilled doctors? Yeah well we didn't actually need to do that."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2427 on: November 02, 2011, 08:22:10 pm »

THAT BOOK KEEPER'S A SPAH!!!

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #2428 on: November 03, 2011, 07:26:09 am »

Dear Forgotten Beasts,

WHY U NO VISIT RIGHTRACK?

Seriously.  Caverns only 6 z-levels down, over 100 dwarves, nearly 1 million wealth?  We not good enough for you, you snobby bastards? 

The bored Overseer of Rightrack
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: November 03, 2011, 08:08:11 am »

Dear Immigrants of SoapTreasures,

If you are not a soapmaker, please don't migrate here.

The overseer.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 504