Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1498758 times)

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #4170 on: August 15, 2012, 03:00:10 pm »

Dear Horse:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
How the hell did you survive that?

Dear Horse:
Upon putting my head back on, I found you in the deceased list. I must have missed the announcement of your death, but I can assure you that you'll be missed. And tasty.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 03:02:06 pm by Monk321654 »
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4171 on: August 15, 2012, 03:01:10 pm »

Dear Horse:

Wat.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4172 on: August 15, 2012, 03:04:59 pm »

Dear Horse:

Dear Horse:
Upon putting my head back on, I found you in the deceased list. I must have missed the announcement of your death, but I can assure you that you'll be missed. And tasty.

It doesn't mention the being struck down bit. Consider Brain damage + knocked out = dead.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4173 on: August 16, 2012, 08:59:28 pm »

Anything that causes more than a bruise of brain damage is pretty much an insta-kill.

It's not uncommon to see opponents be 'struck unconscious' by a hit, but be dead. That's because they fall unconscious because of their lack of a working brain and die a single frame later.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4174 on: August 17, 2012, 01:52:03 am »

Dear Outpost liaison,

I'm terribly sorry for not having time to chit-chat, but Im sort of busy d...

'Sus' Fikodast, Foreman has been struck down.
A diplomat has left unhappy.
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4175 on: August 17, 2012, 10:34:44 am »

Urist McNewWoodCrafter

"This is an acacia ring.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is studded with silver and encircled with bands of pong grabber leather.  This object is adorned with hanging rings of acacia and menaces with spikes of feather wood and raw adamantine."

- unimpressed
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Xob Ludosmbax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4176 on: August 17, 2012, 11:04:57 am »

Dear Urist McHaulers

If you had just picked up the bodies and dumped them in the magma like I told you to, this would all have been fine.  But no, you had to have a party or drink or whatever it was you were doing, and they reanimated and attacked soldiers from behind.  How could 50 of you not keep up with the body-count of two dwarves?  With the experienced soldiers cut off, you haulers and the recruits were easy pickings for the other reanimated corpses.  I hope that party was worth it. 

Sincerely,
Overseer Killjoy

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4177 on: August 17, 2012, 11:27:46 am »

Urist McNewWoodCrafter

"This is an acacia ring.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is studded with silver and encircled with bands of pong grabber leather.  This object is adorned with hanging rings of acacia and menaces with spikes of feather wood and raw adamantine."

- unimpressed
It has adamantine spikes.
WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4178 on: August 17, 2012, 04:14:26 pm »

Urist McNewWoodCrafter

- unimpressed
WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?
A adamantine axe.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4179 on: August 17, 2012, 04:46:16 pm »

Wait for a weaponsmithing mood, then.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4180 on: August 18, 2012, 10:29:50 am »

Dear Urist McMason

This is not minecraft. OF COURSE you will be unable to build the wall while standing on the same tile it is to be built upon; that's how our modicum of physics works! Don't use your lack of grasp of the concept of solidity to excuse your laziness and "suspend" the construction of the wall. Most importantly, you should really learn from your mistakes and not make the exact same stupid mistake three times in a row!

If you were not one of the five useful dwarves I had, you would quickly find yourself the victim of an unfortunate accident involving honey bees, that volcano shaft we've built the fort around, and a few of those Armok-damned monkeys that nicked our sandals.

With annoyance,
          Senior Management and the Office of Problem Worker Removal.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 10:31:41 am by StLeibowitz »
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4181 on: August 18, 2012, 03:35:09 pm »

Urist McNewWoodCrafter

- unimpressed
WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

Him to have used something other than the raw adamantine.  Why they always have to grab the craft workshop dedicated to strand extraction, even when it's sitting right above the magma sea, I'll never know.

I'll have to remember to forbid raw adamantine in the future when they want rocks.

That dwarf was very lucky I'm not in the habit of doing anything permanent to dwarfs that annoy me.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4182 on: August 18, 2012, 07:44:50 pm »

Dear Urist McMason

This is not minecraft. OF COURSE you will be unable to build the wall while standing on the same tile it is to be built upon; that's how our modicum of physics works! Don't use your lack of grasp of the concept of solidity to excuse your laziness and "suspend" the construction of the wall. Most importantly, you should really learn from your mistakes and not make the exact same stupid mistake three times in a row!

If you were not one of the five useful dwarves I had, you would quickly find yourself the victim of an unfortunate accident involving honey bees, that volcano shaft we've built the fort around, and a few of those Armok-damned monkeys that nicked our sandals.

With annoyance,
          Senior Management and the Office of Problem Worker Removal.
Remove and re-designate it.

Urist McNewWoodCrafter

- unimpressed
WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

Him to have used something other than the raw adamantine.  Why they always have to grab the craft workshop dedicated to strand extraction, even when it's sitting right above the magma sea, I'll never know.

I'll have to remember to forbid raw adamantine in the future when they want rocks.

That dwarf was very lucky I'm not in the habit of doing anything permanent to dwarfs that annoy me.
Burrows?
Sig

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: August 18, 2012, 07:52:05 pm »

Dear Aseaheru the Armydorf

While I understand Missing means dead and no-one saw it but your killer, I would appreciate it if you'd left your equipment or a note or something somewhere. Masterwork armor is expensive damn it!

Signed,
Alt. History of Spearbreakers Splint.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4184 on: August 18, 2012, 08:07:42 pm »

dear evil things in this biome

I am in the place you like most, LOOK MY FORT IS WEAK AND HELPLESS...
this is not fun...
I hate you guys

-bukit
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 504