Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1498760 times)

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #4620 on: December 09, 2012, 06:05:27 am »

Is he Irish?

Omeganaut

• Bay Watcher
  • eshimdomnothry (FreedomSlavery)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: December 10, 2012, 03:17:21 pm »

Dear Urists,

Why did I have to discover you the week before Finals.  Now my life is a wreck and I don't know if I can muster the willpower to study instead of spend time with you.  My girlfriend has been tantruming, and I keep getting secretive moods based around crafting a new fort.  Get out of my head, and go play in the magma with the goblins.  Wait a second.....

Signed, Omeganaut cancels Post Reply, taken by secretive mood.
My extended sig
Includes the one and only !!DrunkFortress!! quote anthology.
Also: Bay 12 Archeology!  I bring the word of Bay12.  And the word is despair
I'm back, but I can't be consistant enough for games... Sorry!

RickiusMaximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: December 11, 2012, 10:46:44 am »

Dear Urists,

Why did I have to discover you the week before Finals.  Now my life is a wreck and I don't know if I can muster the willpower to study instead of spend time with you.  My girlfriend has been tantruming, and I keep getting secretive moods based around crafting a new fort.  Get out of my head, and go play in the magma with the goblins.  Wait a second.....

Signed, Omeganaut cancels Post Reply, taken by secretive mood.

Hahaha, awesome!
quot;A Noble would have to be very fast, very tough, have the ability to breath water, survive a fall from about 30 stories, have asbestos skin, innards made of titanium... then, and only then, would he dare to demand Adamantine items"

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: December 12, 2012, 09:51:13 pm »

Dear Fortress,
Your overseer would like to point out all your stupidity and flaws interesting characteristics so you may improve yourself and stop the creation of fun. First off we'd like to speak to you Urist McBrewer. We'd like to congratulate you on reaching the legendary status in brewing. We do however have one problem with you work, you seem to find it necessary to drink all the alcoholic beverages you've just made before they can even be transported for the others to enjoy. Now we understand wanting a good drink now and then, but your stupidity need to drink all the drink in the fortress is not only making the rest of the population unhappy, but is also delaying the production of drink. We advise you to rethink your ways before being introduced to the forgotten beast death pit fun zone.
    Next we would like to talk to all of you in general for a second. We seem to have an issue with you sleeping on hospital beds that not only are needed for the injured, but are also so far from your work that nothing gets done. We'd like to take the opportunity to add that the next non-injured dwarf found in a hospital bed will join McBrewer in the fun pit.
    Now we'd like to speak to Urist McjackassNoble, I'm sure you find it quite funny to ban the exportation of gem encrusted things after we use all our cut gems for the purpose of trading them, but you causing our legendary glass cutter to be executed is quite funny. I suggest when you get back to your room that you pull the shiny lever.
    Urist McMiner, we find that you going to eat and drink is fine, as everyone needs to right. But you seem to love to wait until we need something mined out. Something important, for example, THE FARM ROOM, as our only source of food at this point being outdoor plants. Now you could kindly get to work or you might find yourself conversing with the pit monster of forgotten beast and find yourself replaced by Urist McForiegnMigrant or by Urist McVampire, both of which are cheaper and can replace you.
Sincerely,
Your overlord and supreme decider of your fate

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: December 13, 2012, 06:31:04 pm »

Dear Urist McWerewolf

You are a werewolf. You are expected to runa round berserking and gnawing on peoples' arms. Do so, before we turn you into a ☼werewolf leather coat☼

Sincerely, management.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: December 15, 2012, 01:35:53 pm »

Dear Masons,
  You have open space in all eight directions around that one tile of wall you are supposed to build. Why are you still standing on that wall tile when you try to build it?! In fact, you're doing it in two seperate spots. Those towers need to be finished at some point.

Plotting your deaths,
Overseer.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: December 15, 2012, 02:11:49 pm »

Don't question Urist McArchitect's architecture!

Doctor_Whiteface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: December 15, 2012, 03:17:30 pm »

To: Mining Squad 2
RE: Excavation of Level 5 dining hall

We appreciate that there are areas that need to be walled off, drinks that need to be brewed, and all manner of other things to be done, but the 185-dorf-strong population is getting tired of the tiny dining hall that they've made do with since the initial embark, and if you could get around to digging the expansion before we lava-chute the lot of you that'd be just grand.

Actually, if anyone in the whole fort could do any digging whatsoever we'd be grateful. There's designations that've sat undone for two years now.

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: December 15, 2012, 05:19:42 pm »

Dear Urist McEngraver,

Circles are wonderful shapes, they really are. Circles sorta become less wonderful when that's ALL YOU ENGRAVE. Stop engraving random shapes near the slaughterhouse, the kids think it's a school.

Urdothor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: December 15, 2012, 07:15:52 pm »

I have a question Urist McMigrants,
Why do all the fisherdwarves in the land come when I have either no fish or no water period aside from underground, yet when I have a river that's up to the elbows in fish you all decide it's more fun to make cheese.

Langolier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: December 15, 2012, 09:37:29 pm »

Dear Mrs. Axedwarfette

You are a strong woman. You are the best warrior in the fort, and have no less than two forgotten beasts among the twelve other kills on your list. I know how it goes with females and armor, but it would really be nice if you wore something more than gauntlets and a troll fur loincloth. There are children about

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: December 16, 2012, 02:10:03 am »

Dear Mrs. Axedwarfette

You are a strong woman. You are the best warrior in the fort, and have no less than two forgotten beasts among the twelve other kills on your list. I know how it goes with females and armor, but it would really be nice if you wore something more than gauntlets and a troll fur loincloth. There are children about

You know what the sad thing is?There is no genitalia because dwarves use spores to mate...........Sorry I ruined that for you.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: December 16, 2012, 02:31:16 am »

Unless you modded the game, and added genitalia. Or use a mod that does so.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: December 16, 2012, 02:47:19 am »

Unless you modded the game, and added genitalia. Or use a mod that does so.

That too.But default is just blank.

Dem spores ey?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: December 16, 2012, 02:50:14 am »

Clearly the humor is lost on some (who probably ignored it in the first place :P)
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 504