Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1501300 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #4665 on: December 27, 2012, 06:20:36 pm »

Assign a helmet and make sure the uniform is set to exact match. He should ditch the cap because substitutions aren't allowed with exact matches while letting them keep their own civvies on underneath (His cap would be considered a substitution for a proper helmet with partial match set for the uniform)

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: December 27, 2012, 06:37:30 pm »

Assign a helmet and make sure the uniform is set to exact match. He should ditch the cap because substitutions aren't allowed with exact matches while letting them keep their own civvies on underneath (His cap would be considered a substitution for a proper helmet with partial match set for the uniform)
Nope, it didn't worked, I even tried with new uniform for that faggot, but still nothing...

Anyway:

Dear imigrant fisherdwarves,
 Seriously? On freezing tundra!?
    Shocked Overseer
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 06:41:42 pm by Volfgarix »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: December 27, 2012, 06:42:33 pm »

Huh. That's weird.

On fisherdwarves: I find they make excellent draftees in frozen climates.

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: December 27, 2012, 06:49:25 pm »

Huh. That's weird.

On fisherdwarves: I find they make excellent draftees in frozen climates.
Yup, about armor, I must wait for first caravan with leather

About fisherdwarves, maybe they will be usable, if I hit cavern with water, but then I can just assing someone to fish... But now, yea, only military.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: December 28, 2012, 05:13:13 am »

Set it to replace clothing. After he ditches the cap he'll put on the helmet, then set it back to over clothing and he'll leave his cap on the floor.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: December 28, 2012, 05:20:32 am »

Another fine use for fisherdorfs: Engravers!

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: December 28, 2012, 06:13:19 am »

Set it to replace clothing. After he ditches the cap he'll put on the helmet, then set it back to over clothing and he'll leave his cap on the floor.
That's works, thanks.

On topic:

Dear ravens,
 Why you are everywhere and with so big groups!?
  Sincerely, Overseer of Dwarven Fortress in Freezing Tundra
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 06:36:39 am by Volfgarix »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: December 28, 2012, 04:44:19 pm »

That's works, thanks.

Yeah, just figured it out myself.

Dear Overseer,

Why can't you keep a game going for more than a year or two? Are you really that riddled with ADD?

Signed, Urist mc Daggerhands

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: December 29, 2012, 03:14:44 pm »

Ushat Delerurrith, YOU IDIOT!

I wanted these Cave ogres alive! So why you went with your kid to cave? I forbided everything!
 Only one was chasing you, little later dogs saved you from him!.
 But you couldn't just run away to fortress back, even, when I made civilian alarm, because exhausted Ogre, being bitten by dogs was scaring you non-stop and made you outrunning from entrance!
 I was forced to send recruit hammerdwarves to finish him. I wanted this...
 BUT NO! Second Ogre came and managed to kill one of my soldiers... Your HUSBAND...
 And you are still ecstated, because you born a girl, you had a wonderful drink! Made friend! Was satisfied at work!
 I can find other dwarf to tame crundles. YOU, you will be sended  to that cavern with your kid, hammer and shield to die like your husband! Understood?!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Very angrily,
                 Overseer

Ps. Haha, you died.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 04:58:31 pm by Volfgarix »

hiroshi42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: December 29, 2012, 08:10:49 pm »

My fellow Ursticans.
I understand that zombies and goblins and zombie goblins are scary.  I understand that an Urist's first thought when frightened is to run in fear, this is perfectly natural and would probably be classified as a survival mechanism.  But please for the love of gold run down the stairs into the nice safe bowels of the fort, not out the front freaking door into the arms of the goblin/necromancer/war elephant siege.  You are all lucky that the three armies decided to fight amongst themselves long enough for the entirety of the military to be mobilized and that the third ring of markstowers was finished in time.

To the military squad leaving hauler bait lying about.  Not funny.  Next time one of you decides to drop something to lure out the civies so you can show off your whole squad is going to be tossed in the necromancer pit sans armor.
'Your' jetpack was last seen attached to a nuclear powered science tank on Mars.
It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarvern science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #4675 on: January 01, 2013, 03:14:15 am »

Dear Urists McChildren,
to clear up any question regarding your status in the fort, I have had all of you nicknamed "Parasite". I hope that this...

'Parasite' McChild is throwing a party at gneiss table.

You're just proving my point!

DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

moki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: January 07, 2013, 10:58:40 am »

Dear Urist McMysteriousVampire,

couldn't you bite some fish dissector or soapmaker? Why did it have to be Urist McCrafter who's been making enough masterwork rock mugs in a month to buy out all the caravans for a year? I may have to make you the new craftsdwarf when I find out who you are. How would you like sitting in  a small room with only a supply of stones and a workshop for the rest of your eternal life?

Sincerely
the annoyed overseer.
But my good sir, the second death was for Dwarven Science!

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: January 07, 2013, 04:36:37 pm »

Dear Urist McVampire,

When you have that many skills at high master you light up like a freaking billboard. Enjoy cavern duty.

To the many other migrants in the wave,

Did you have to bring thrice my percentage child cap in children!? If any of you noobs pop out a baby in less than six months I swear you'll be on cavern duty with the vampire! Actually, Which one of you are the worst for baby-making? I'll send your entire families to settle down there. Don't mind the hostile amphibian men- they just need some love.

To those not sent on cavern duty,
We have a shortage of wood till the caverns are settled, do not expect private rooms any time soon. And take it easy with bringing pets, I want my tree-farms dammit! I will pasture animals til they fight each other! And miners Get your rears in gear! I need my magma forge/kiln/smelter on the triple!

Sincerely, overseer of outpost #3 in the modded section.
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

Koremu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: January 07, 2013, 09:43:19 pm »

Dear Urist McMiner

I realise that I haven't built you a bed yet. I know it's been a tiring time, digging out the storage area & plantation, and now I'm asking you to dig into an Aquifer for me.

But, for the love of Armok, don't go to sleep in the aquifer draining trench!
It's a dwarf.  Their natural habitat is "trapped on the wrong side of a wall".

Flinging children halfway across the map to land in magma is good, wholesome fun, but extramarital reproduction?  Why, that's just unseemly!

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4679 on: January 07, 2013, 11:22:08 pm »

Dear Urist McMigrants

Yes I know the bridge can get crowded, but that does not mean to GO INTO MY WATER MOAT AND SLEEP IN THERE.  YOU EVEN GAVE BIRTH UNDERWATER.

And civilians, a bloody siege is going on outside with your buddies risking your lives and you decide to waste resources by THROWING A PARTY.  next one who throws a party can party with the storming goblins outside.

Sincearly, Overseer baffled on underwater birth.
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 504