Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 906387 times)

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: A Year of Terrible Things (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #1980 on: September 21, 2011, 01:58:43 pm »

That or they move into the megaproject and the fort can make extra cash for charging people visiting it's haunted... somehting.
It's kinda pointless to create a paid attraction in a fort you have to offer unimaginable riches to people to arrive to, don't you think?

Dwarven tourism. Just because 90% of your group will die is not a reason to not go on a wonderful vacation.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: September 21, 2011, 04:52:36 pm »

Well, since i haven't had time to run the fortress, i'll just answer some questions.

No, wait, i got this; "Failcannon's doing just fine in the hands of arcangelsd.  What's the worst that could possibly happen?"

That said, what's the current pop with the migrants? 9? Over 10?

A lot of things. I'm afraid of activating the STFO bacuse we have at least a FB waiting for it in the ocean, for getting an example.
A fun fact about FB: the pathing seems to be so horribly broken, that the beasts are rendered harmless by their indecision when it comes to certain point in the fortress. To show: a path was left undiscovered and unchecked for about a year. At least 3 FB had access to it. One is patrolling the food stockpiles near the forges, and two more are LOCKED FOREVER in Lordslowpoke's quarters (yes, the ones that gizogin disturbed) And by locked I mean that one of them hasn't moved an inch in an entire year.
And the pop... We were 9, 2 more came, but as mekboy kicked the bucket, we're exactly ten poor souls.

How is the Project That Goes By Many Different Names going?

Fine, just needs 8 pumps more, and it'll be done. Also: STFO, please, just call it STFO xD

Unless we're talking about Mormota here I don't think that'd be a problem.

...it's exactly what's going to happen isn't it?

I'm more afraid of Dariush. He seems to have INSANE wrestling skills (Or at least some insane stats). And he bites. HARD.
And Darvi too. He has developed some kind of Crossbow-fu, as seen when he fatalitie'd a kobold with that copper crossbow (Yes, the excerpt of combat report that I uploaded was a finisher move, that makes the crossbow-lodging al more badass).
And our resident BOSS, Gizogin. Seriously, that guy got some mad luck, there at Failcannon.
The only ones that seem harmless now are Aussie, because he always disappear when a fight breaks up, the poor unnamed inmigrant medic, Erica, and myself.
Mormota and Catalyst FUN potential is left uncontested, of course.

ALSO: YAY SIGGED
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: September 21, 2011, 04:54:34 pm »

Why the spores do I have a copper crossbow?

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: September 21, 2011, 05:13:34 pm »

Why the spores do I have a copper crossbow?
Truly I don't know. You seem to have it even before I put you in a archer squad. But, for reasons that I can't even wonder to know, you just don't want to fire a shot from it, preferring instead to forcefully bash your way into enemies, in the true dwarven style. I'm thinking in giving you a hammer... but you get to keep the crossbow xD

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: September 21, 2011, 05:27:24 pm »

:<

At least I am still SUPER EFFECTIVE.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: September 21, 2011, 05:30:44 pm »

The only ones that seem harmless now are Aussie, because he always disappear when a fight breaks up, the poor unnamed inmigrant medic, Erica, and myself.

can I claim that one?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: September 21, 2011, 05:33:47 pm »

What about Mekboy and Urist, though?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: September 22, 2011, 12:57:54 am »

So I was right, and Erica has possessed 3 other women and is some sort of sexist masculine-phobic lesbo-ghost... Or something like that... You'd think that at least once out of four opportunities my dwarf would have ended up male...
Not a complaint, more of a noisy observation...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #1988 on: September 22, 2011, 01:27:01 am »

A fun fact about FB: the pathing seems to be so horribly broken, that the beasts are rendered harmless by their indecision when it comes to certain point in the fortress. To show: a path was left undiscovered and unchecked for about a year. At least 3 FB had access to it. One is patrolling the food stockpiles near the forges, and two more are LOCKED FOREVER in Lordslowpoke's quarters (yes, the ones that gizogin disturbed) And by locked I mean that one of them hasn't moved an inch in an entire year.

The non-euclidean architecture of Battlefailed is driving the FB:s crazy.  :P
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: September 22, 2011, 03:38:54 am »

You should see what happened when demons stormed my fort - the corridors drove them so mad that most of the horde ended up stuck at a tree in one of the cistern channels and just sat there.  It was rather embarrassing watching the other ten or so go through the fort on their own wrecking the place.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: September 22, 2011, 07:53:58 am »

Hmmmmmm. How to weaponize this......
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: September 22, 2011, 08:03:28 am »

So I was right, and Erica has possessed 3 other women and is some sort of sexist masculine-phobic lesbo-ghost... Or something like that... You'd think that at least once out of four opportunities my dwarf would have ended up male...
Not a complaint, more of a noisy observation...

Yes, the mason is a woman xD

What about Mekboy and Urist, though?

Mekboy's dead, man, dead! I think you commented on it earlier... whatever.
Urist is tame, harmless too.

can I claim that one?

Yup you can! Deathsword.. what number?
Enjoy a life in comfort in the hospital, deathsword, your spine is all broken and mangled xD

Erica, you are the new CMD. It seems that everyone else is too busy resting and diying of thirst ¬¬

No, wait, i got this; "Failcannon's doing just fine in the hands of arcangelsd.  What's the worst that could possibly happen?"

You just had to say it didn't you.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 08:26:44 am by arcangelsd »

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: September 22, 2011, 03:12:55 pm »

Wait, everyone is dying?  Am I included in this?  What happened to everyone that they are hospitalized?
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: September 22, 2011, 05:04:49 pm »

Wait, everyone is dying?  Am I included in this?  What happened to everyone that they are hospitalized?

Yup, you are included, remember, you took a solid blow to the head with a steel spear. Actually it would make sense for you to not remember it. It also help that I didn't say it before!
Deathsword capacity to move is destroyed.
Dariush's arm is broken, he was looking for the missing spearbold but it found him first.
Darvi got some damage to both of his legs.

And I think it's all for now. Everyone but Dariush and Deathsword are stabilized and productive now, so.. it's al fine here  in Failcannon. Could it get enven worse? I don't believe so.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: September 22, 2011, 05:31:06 pm »

Well at least my arm has healed.

Also, cave-in those FB's while they won't move.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 189