Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 906401 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: Still Alive (somehow) (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #2130 on: October 03, 2011, 11:18:53 pm »

I thought we already proved that not even Failcannon can destroy Failcannon.

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: October 03, 2011, 11:24:10 pm »

Yeah, probably only Sankis and HolisticDetective tag teaming can bring us down currently.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: October 03, 2011, 11:37:09 pm »

I won't be happy till Stuzang turns up on Failcannon's doorstep, takes one look at the horrors we've inflicted upon ourselves, and leaves of it's own volition in pity for us.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: October 03, 2011, 11:53:01 pm »

True. It was mainly for ‼SCIENCE‼, but there was much talk about how it is impossible to reclaim or create a new site on this save again, so I suppose I AM advocating a solution here: recreating Aluonra in the next version if such FUN is desired. ‼SCIENTIFICALLY‼ I needed to know if there was any way to reliably replicate the general topography of the world reliably regardless of changing other parameters, and now I am certain of a method.
Spoiler: Terrible Instructions (click to show/hide)

Just remember that the world you generate will be re-eroded by DF, causing it to change somewhat. Which actually makes sense in the case of Aluonra...
It also isn't picture-perfect:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I won't be happy till Stuzang turns up on Failcannon's doorstep, takes one look at the horrors we've inflicted upon ourselves, and leaves of it's own volition in pity for us.
Personally I'm waiting for Nithari the Ocean Titan of the Blueness of Malodors to turn up and make the place it's personal palace.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: October 04, 2011, 12:59:48 am »

It is generally said that Battlefailed and Failcannon are relatively close to one another. They share the same biomes thus must be really close. I was curious about what the world of Aluonra. First I decided to take a general look at the in-game historical map and find the famous forts.

The forts were easy enough to find. The giant ocean of puke in the center of the map is the Blueness or parts of it is anyway. From there were needed to find some Evil land and there's some right on the northern area. They stick out like a sore thumbs because its not often you see two dwarven forts one the ocean in such close proximity.

Here's a crop of the northern area of the Blueness. Forts Battlefailed and Failcannon are in the bottom right-hand side of the image. The purple area they are in are the Plains of Ooze. The south fort is Battlefailed and the north fort is Failcannon.

They area to be quite close, but this is actually a rather inaccurate map. So now I go and look at the detailed graphical map of biomes and sites. Now I couldn't upload the full graphical map. It's huge. You see, on these detailed maps the game exports one embark square per pixel. Thus the map supplies the same level of detail as the embark map and the current travel map. I have got a cropped portion though. This is roughly the same area as the above cropped map.

If you look for the forts, I've recolored them red. To make them stand out.

Here's a 400% blown-up crop more centered on the forts:

The two forts are apparently 3x3 embarks. And there is quite a distance between them. Remember that each square you see (which is one pixel on the true sized map, but a 4x4 pixel square here) is equal to one embark square or travel square and if I recal correctly each one of these squares is 48x48 fort mode tiles.

I was just interested in how close they were to each other. As I was looking at the maps, I decided to share that for other who might be curious.

I also ran these maps through Isoworld. It gave me a heck of a lot of trouble. Aluonra has a lot of data on just its maps alone. In fact, I couldn't even use all the maps I had to scale back and just use the necessary ones.

The forts are fully displayed as they intersect the ocean and beach. I'm pretty sure the fort on the left is Battlefailed.

I wanted to go through and look at some of the other interesting terrain with Isoworld, but Aluonra is pretty flat. Not a whole lot to look at. I did run across one interesting feature of the world map I thought I should point out.

There this odd star-shaped mountain range in the south-west corner of the world map far from the forts. It's kind of interesting to me because of the big lake (or small sea) imbedded in the mountains. On top of that there is a rather big piece of land in the lake/sea. I haven't seen an odd formation like that in any of the worlds I've generated so far.

Well, that's my research for the day. I though it would be an interesting distraction for a bit.

We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: October 04, 2011, 01:06:48 am »

If When this fort dies, I propose we build a fort on the island and live AS GODS!!! AHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHahahahahahahahha
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: October 04, 2011, 05:37:39 am »

It won't leave even if it wanted. You can only enter the Fail. You never leave. You never WILL leave. Even your bones will never leave. They will merge with the Fail, and become an integral part of it.

Told this way, Failcannon seems really creepy xD
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: October 04, 2011, 05:50:10 am »

It won't leave even if it wanted. You can only enter the Fail. You never leave. You never WILL leave. Even your bones will never leave. They will merge with the Fail, and become an integral part of it.

Everyone killed each-other in a succession war, the place is probably so haunted we'll never get them all memorialized, and the mayor is a psychotic traitor who we dare not let out because she'll spread her traitorous ways like a disease and get the few remaining dwarves killed by arguing with eachother.  FailCannon passed creepy AGES ago.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: October 04, 2011, 10:55:21 am »

Everyone killed each-other in a succession war, the place is probably so haunted we'll never get them all memorialized, and the mayor is a psychotic traitor who we dare not let out because she'll spread her traitorous ways like a disease and get the few remaining dwarves killed by arguing with eachother.  FailCannon passed creepy AGES ago.

I used "creepy" because the other word I had in mind at the moment was "awesome"

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: October 04, 2011, 06:32:26 pm »

I used "creepy" because the other word I had in mind at the moment was "awesome"

These two words are interchangeable.

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: October 05, 2011, 12:36:37 am »

So, how goes the flailing of the corpse that gets mistaken for life that is Failcannon?

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: October 05, 2011, 07:24:30 am »

You inspired me. (I screwed up the rhyming something fierce, and you'll have to be creative pronouncing some of the words - e.g. "Failcannon" with an extra syllable. But then again, I never professed to be a songwriter :P)

On a dark desert boneyard, cool wind in my beard
Warm smell of horse zombies, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a terrible sight
My head grew heavy and my hopes grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the goblins yell
And I was thinking to myself,
’this is a deathtrap or this could be hell’
Then they shot off steel crossbows and they chased me inside
There were voices down the corridor,
I thought I heard them say...

Welcome to the fortress Failcannon
Such an awful place
Such an awful face
Plenty of rooms in the fortress Failcannon
Any time of year, you can die in here

Its halls are tiffany-twisted, it got the Failcannon curse
It has a lot of twisted, twisted beasts, that it calls friends
How they dance in the slime sea, sweet lethal dust.
Some dance to destroy us, some dance to die off

So I called up the mayor,
’please issue a mandate’
She said, 'we must throw off this cruel yoke or Led will kill us all!'
And still those FBs are calling from far away,
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...

Welcome to the fortress Failcannon
Such an awful place
Such an awful face
They dyin' like flies in the fortress Failcannon
What an eldritch place, bring your frightened face

Blood is on the ceiling,
The dwarven wine on ice
And she said ’we are all just prisoners here, of Queen Led's device’
And in the royal chambers,
They gathered for the feast
The stab them with their light blue swords,
But they just can’t kill the beasts

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
’relax,’ said the dead god
We are doomed to haunt this place.
You can die off any time you like,
But you can never leave!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: October 05, 2011, 07:28:34 am »

Cignus is dead, long live Eric Blank.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: October 05, 2011, 07:53:50 am »

Thank you stratiga. I will never hear the Hotel california song the same. ever again.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: October 05, 2011, 08:00:30 am »

You inspired me. (I screwed up the rhyming something fierce, and you'll have to be creative pronouncing some of the words - e.g. "Failcannon" with an extra syllable. But then again, I never professed to be a songwriter :P)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Awesome.

Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 189