Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8184 8185 [8186] 8187 8188 ... 10989

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13455217 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #122775 on: June 04, 2017, 04:28:23 pm »

That's the truly messed up part - it is cheaper to buy 50 corn tortillas (a fairly high quality regional brand that they have to tape English nutrition facts to - an oddly common situation in the Ohio-Michigan border region) and throw almost half of them away than it is to buy two packs of 10 (national brand ones, that aren't all that nice). Same thing with potatoes - I can get a 10 pound bag for 10 bucks and throw away the last pound or two, or I can pay 7 bucks for a 5 pound bag.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #122776 on: June 04, 2017, 04:30:28 pm »

Ah, yeah. For that, just donate to a food bank or shove the excess off on neighbors or something. Feed chickens, fertilize garden, whatever.

E: Or overeat like a red blooded american! That works, too, if by works I mean shaves off future grocery bills by killing you younger :V
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 04:33:22 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122777 on: June 04, 2017, 05:33:59 pm »

Just bury the potatoes you don't need in your yard. The spirits of the old Indian inhabitants of your region will be pleased with your offering. They shall make bushy plants appear on the burial site to test your wisdom and oneness with the land. Eat neither the plants themselves nor the small black fruit they bear! Both are poisonous, and are meant as a trap for the foolish and the careless. Nevertheless you should care for those plants, watering them, tending to their soil, and keeping them free of weeds. With time, these plants will wither and die away. Now is the time to dig once more. You will find that the Ancients will have answered your offering with one of their own, much bigger than the one you made.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #122778 on: June 04, 2017, 05:37:17 pm »

Just bury the potatoes you don't need in your yard. The spirits of the old Indian inhabitants of your region will be pleased with your offering. They shall make bushy plants appear on the burial site to test your wisdom and oneness with the land. Eat neither the plants themselves nor the small black fruit they bear! Both are poisonous, and are meant as a trap for the foolish and the careless. Nevertheless you should care for those plants, watering them, tending to their soil, and keeping them free of weeds. With time, these plants will wither and die away. Now is the time to dig once more. You will find that the Ancients will have answered your offering with one of their own, much bigger than the one you made.
Indeed, never eat any aboveground part of the potato plant, for it is a member of the deadly nightshade family.

(Speaking of, my front yard has a nice field of potatoes growing, for 6 years now already. Present from the previous tenant hehe. I've never harvested them though, for there's been a bumblebee nest in the ground at about the same spot there twice now, and I don't want to ruin the micro-environment for them, bumblebees getting rare enough as it is already, contrary to potatoes. I am getting curious though, just how many potatoes are down there after all those years.)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 05:42:55 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122779 on: June 04, 2017, 05:38:23 pm »

Make sure to never forget that the top "plant" part of a potato is dangerous. Much like its aptly named cousin "Deadly Nightshade".
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122780 on: June 04, 2017, 05:43:05 pm »

You will need to be aggressive in removing the potato beetles though.  They look like orange and white striped ladybugs, but the are disastrous to the poor potato plants.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #122781 on: June 04, 2017, 05:44:06 pm »

I think (my part of?) Europe is potato beetle free.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #122783 on: June 04, 2017, 05:52:24 pm »

Heh, that's interesting. Never knew that history.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #122784 on: June 04, 2017, 06:24:22 pm »

Taco Bell's free wifi blocks the webcomic TwoKinds. Whatever, it has sexual content, I can understand why they'd block it even though it's kinda weird Taco Bell as an entity even knows about it.

Then I discovered that almost every webcomic I can think of is blocked. SMBC, VGCats, Awkward Zombie, Perry Bible Fellowship, Pandyland and Prequel are all blocked. Do webcomics have a bad reputation or something? ::)
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122785 on: June 04, 2017, 06:29:15 pm »

Maybe they just block popular things to browse when your eating to lower actual usage of their proffered wifi.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122786 on: June 04, 2017, 07:48:03 pm »

It's the furries.
Black lives matter.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #122787 on: June 04, 2017, 07:53:10 pm »

Everybody blocks the furries.

Awkward zombie? They had a comic featuring a khajiit character! Twice! And thats horrible!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122788 on: June 04, 2017, 07:54:19 pm »

Everybody blocks the furries.

Awkward zombie? They had a comic featuring a khajiit character! Twice! And thats horrible!

Yeah it is a shame that Furries are too good looking for their own good.

They are like Vampires who can't turn off their unnatural charisma.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122789 on: June 04, 2017, 07:59:43 pm »

I dunno. I typically find them emotionally unstable, with dangerous levels of saccharine syndrome. That's just my opinion though. Rather than being captured by charismatic auras, I am instead repulsed by lack of rational consistency. (note, this is on the aggregate, and does not fully apply to any specific example held up.) Your mileage may vary.
Pages: 1 ... 8184 8185 [8186] 8187 8188 ... 10989