Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 10994

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13526093 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #7140 on: March 30, 2012, 02:00:37 pm »

When they ask me if I have heard of god, I ask them if they have heard of Armok.

NINJA'D x2!
"I've heard of him. Sounds like a right bloody arse, he does."

They leave very quickly after that. I like to think God would have enough of a sense of humor to not send me to hell for telling people he's a douche.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7141 on: March 30, 2012, 02:07:36 pm »

My local God botherers are actually quite nice people, save for the fact they openly call me "that Physics heretic" and keep coming over citing bible verses that they claim proves me, my other half and our kids are going straight to hell for my work and "kids out of wedlock" thing - they also constantly ask my 31 year old parter if her mum is in assuming she is a teenager, which makles me seem like some kind of "dodgy gentleman". I do enjoy our discussions where I patiently explain how I believe everyone is entitled to thier own faiths/beliefs, and how many religions openly accept this as different paths on the same journey. This of course is "Wrong, as Gods word tells them so" or some such.
This is a blank sig.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7142 on: March 30, 2012, 02:15:11 pm »

When they ask me if I have heard of god, I ask them if they have heard of Armok.

NINJA'D x2!

They leave very quickly after that. I like to think God would have enough of a sense of humor to not send me to hell for telling people he's a douche.

Hello? Old Testament? He killed a guy for touching the Ark of the Covenant while trying to catch it so it didn't hit the ground. Dude has his "Smite" button on a speed-trigger.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7143 on: March 30, 2012, 02:20:44 pm »

On the topic of religion.

Exact quote from a friend to me; "You're racist because you're openly criticizing religion."

So sad.

Word for word, exact quote.

For the context, I had just asked him (friend 2) why it was racist to criticize Islam's policy of death for apostasy, honour killings, oppression e.t.c, after friend 1 (Christian) started going all Jebus on me, which led to Islam for some reason.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7144 on: March 30, 2012, 02:42:33 pm »

NINJA'D x2!

Hello? Old Testament? He killed a guy for touching the Ark of the Covenant while trying to catch it so it didn't hit the ground. Dude has his "Smite" button on a speed-trigger.
Cut Him some slack. He had been waiting for billions of years and His pet people were finally done. Worse, the whole time He knew in advance exactly how much fun smiting and general godly shenanigans would be. I could hardly blame Him for being a little giddy with his omnipotence.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7145 on: March 30, 2012, 02:59:25 pm »

And while I've never met a Jehovahs Witness (besides when they come to the door, and those don't count because I make them think I worship satan)

Don't we all?

I simply explain to them that the generation of 1914 has almost completely passed away, so I find that the core element of their particular theology has been shown to be false, therefore I am convinced that said theology does not appeal to me.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7146 on: March 30, 2012, 03:03:06 pm »

I used to live down the street from a Church of Jehovah, and I'm disappointed that I never got any Witnesses!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7147 on: March 30, 2012, 03:04:39 pm »

NINJA'D x2!

Cut Him some slack. He had been waiting for billions of years and His pet people were finally done. Worse, the whole time He knew in advance exactly how much fun smiting and general godly shenanigans would be. I could hardly blame Him for being a little giddy with his omnipotence.
Reminds me of a Jewish comedian who quipped, "We're supposed to be God's chosen people. Look how much shit we've gone through. What exactly were we chosen for? Lab rats?"

I used to live down the street from a Church of Jehovah, and I'm disappointed that I never got any Witnesses!
No Witnesses means you comitted the perfect crime.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7148 on: March 30, 2012, 03:07:25 pm »

No Witnesses means you comitted the perfect crime.
Somehow I don't think there are many Jehovah's Witnesses visiting prisons.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7151 on: March 30, 2012, 04:39:53 pm »

TvTropes really has a page for everything does it.
Sadly, it doesn't. A lot of music groups do not have a page, and I've got at least 10 novels (some of which are parts of series) that aren't mentioned.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7152 on: March 30, 2012, 04:50:45 pm »

If TvTropes doesn't have the page, you make the page.

And then you are truly lost.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7153 on: March 30, 2012, 04:51:49 pm »

It's like Rule 35, but with tropes.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7154 on: March 30, 2012, 05:28:45 pm »

It's like Rule 35, but with tropes.
So it's like Rule 35?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 10994