Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6532 6533 [6534] 6535 6536 ... 10993

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13514321 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #97995 on: March 08, 2016, 06:02:09 am »

Decided to just buy it again on Steam. Fuckit, its 20 bucks and the game's more then good enough to buy twice.

Also sigging both the above quotes.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #97996 on: March 08, 2016, 09:41:00 am »

I'm writing the most sincere expression of love for a person near and dear to my heart, because I had the cynical realization that an emotional cheap shot will probably give me a very good score on this assignment. I've gone too meta.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #97997 on: March 08, 2016, 09:56:20 am »

Quote from: (Admin)NightmareGenesis
cpu has spiked to 245%,someone is making this happen
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97998 on: March 08, 2016, 09:58:56 am »

What are loved ones for if not to be used as an excuse for the theme of your writing assignment :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #97999 on: March 08, 2016, 10:51:39 am »

I'm writing the most sincere expression of love for a person near and dear to my heart, because I had the cynical realization that an emotional cheap shot will probably give me a very good score on this assignment. I've gone too meta.
I've been there. Once I had to write a speech on any subject, and was told it will be rated with more focus on presentation than content. I made little progress, until one night I woke up due to nightmares, felt inspired, and wrote a very personal, very emotional speech in about 20 minutes. Perfect score, as it managed to charm the teacher enough to ignore small errors in form, even though form was the whole point of the exercise. Appealing to emotion may be fallacious, but carp if it isn't effective against a certain type of person.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #98000 on: March 08, 2016, 10:55:14 am »

Pathos is lousy and underhanded, but distressingly effective.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #98001 on: March 08, 2016, 11:05:53 am »

Pathos is lousy and underhanded, but distressingly effective.
it's funny because you could be talking about the abstract concept or bay12's population, and there's no way to tell which
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #98002 on: March 08, 2016, 11:14:15 am »

We are metapathos

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98003 on: March 08, 2016, 11:25:16 am »

Collectively, we are all pathos, at the same time, except for pathos, who isn't pathos, of course.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #98004 on: March 08, 2016, 11:33:05 am »

I just went in, made a character, did a battle, nothing went wrong. On windows 10.
Yeeeeah, nothing breaks for me either.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #98005 on: March 08, 2016, 05:56:51 pm »

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/bitcoin-blockchain-summit-with-richard-branson-on-necker-island?utm_source=mbtwitter

Choice quotes:
The blockchain would, in essence, allow capitalism to more fully move into the realm of the internet. This has always failed in the past, because in digital environments, everything is so easy to copy. Therefore nothing is scarce, which is why digital content, like music, images, and text, is almost always free, or extremely protected. The blockchain’s comprehensive ability to allocate each piece of code within its system could completely eliminate the possibility of copying a song, for example, because who has which digital copy when would be traceable. A digital magazine based on the blockchain system would have unique copies, just like a printed magazine. It could be bought and sold like a physical object.

“This device could connect to the net. And what happens to things when they go online? We record their usage, start measuring their capacity, and try to increase it.

He then presented a rating system for humans in which people are continually evaluated. Like the taxi service Uber, where customers rate drivers and drivers rate customers, but for all of life, visible to everyone.

i just don't understand. this article is written in a hilariously "this will make life better for everyone" way when almost everything in here sounds ridiculous

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #98006 on: March 08, 2016, 06:10:29 pm »

The only thing to understand about it is that they're insane
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #98007 on: March 08, 2016, 06:15:03 pm »

I don't know man, when someone comes at you with the air combo, the only defense is the blockchain.

(seriously though, a lack of scarcity isn't a problem that needs to be remedied)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98008 on: March 08, 2016, 06:19:23 pm »

He then presented a rating system for humans in which people are continually evaluated. Like the taxi service Uber, where customers rate drivers and drivers rate customers, but for all of life, visible to everyone.

That... actually sounds horrifying. Why would anyone consider that a good idea?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #98009 on: March 08, 2016, 06:29:23 pm »

hey i was on the windows 10 defense squad yesterday and now windows explorer is uncontrollably reopening and crashing. Maybe my hard drive's finally going out lol
Pages: 1 ... 6532 6533 [6534] 6535 6536 ... 10993