Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2810 2811 [2812] 2813 2814 ... 10995

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13569379 times)

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #42165 on: January 02, 2014, 11:11:30 pm »

Semi-related: It is surprisingly difficult to find a good picture of Stacker Pentecost in his uniform looking stern. I need one for reasons of an LP nature.
LP as in "long-playing record" or LP as in "YouTube videos of people who don't know how to play video games"?

Also, I was always weirded out by the name "Stacker Pentecost". Pentecost works as an ominous Biblical-ish name, appropriate for dramatic reasons, but Stacker? All I think of from that is shitty puzzle games and factory robot jobs.
Neither! LP as in "series of screenshots and sometimes unrelated images of a game, often being played badly".

what game? May I ask?
Was thinking of classic X-COM. Wanted a picture for Mission Control that was not Gendo Ikari. Nothing against the guy personally, but I've seen at least one LP that used him and I wanted someone different.
Please tell me it'll be TFTD. I mean, if you're gonna take that guy as Mission Control, it should be a ocean themed game.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42166 on: January 02, 2014, 11:13:05 pm »

I've never played TFTD and I hear it is stupidly hard to compensate for the difficulty bug that afflicted the original. So I'd probably fail within two missions. Whether that makes for a more entertaining LP...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #42167 on: January 02, 2014, 11:21:49 pm »

TFTD isn't that bad, as long as you have an up-to-date version and keep an eye out for a couple bugs. It's significantly harder than the first game, but it's far from unbeatable.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42168 on: January 02, 2014, 11:23:58 pm »

I've never played TFTD and I hear it is stupidly hard to compensate for the difficulty bug that afflicted the original. So I'd probably fail within two missions. Whether that makes for a more entertaining LP...

The unupdated version has a small... Issue. The developers got pissed at all the complaints (From another bug making all difficulties Easy) from the first game, and made it so that every difficulty let you play the first battle on the difficulty you chose, then EVERY OTHER battle was on Superhuman difficulty. Because fuck you for complaining.

Also, fucking goddamn Lobstermen. Goddamn Tasoths. Fucking Triscenes. Goddamn Calcinites. But once you get past all that, it's a piece of cake.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42169 on: January 02, 2014, 11:26:18 pm »

TFTD isn't that bad, as long as you have an up-to-date version and keep an eye out for a couple bugs. It's significantly harder than the first game, but it's far from unbeatable.
I have it on Steam, so I assume it is up-to-date. No idea what sort of bugs I'd need to look for though.

The unupdated version has a small... Issue. The developers got pissed at all the complaints (From another bug making all difficulties Easy) from the first game, and made it so that every difficulty let you play the first battle on the difficulty you chose, then EVERY OTHER battle was on Superhuman difficulty. Because fuck you for complaining.
That was the difficulty bug I was referring to, and the reason for the stupid difficulty.

Hmm...actually, I remember hearing about some sort of function that combines UFO Defense and TFTD, for one super-game. I wonder if I should give that a shot...

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42170 on: January 02, 2014, 11:27:59 pm »

They are literally pretty much identical (TFTD gave you a couple extra buttons on the battlescape, and they are very useful buttons) so much so that you can straight port over guns or soldiers from one game to the next via copypasta, IIRC. But yeah, there's mods to make them SUPRA-COMBINE-VOLTRON-GAME!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #42171 on: January 02, 2014, 11:44:31 pm »

That is a myth. The dev team simply made Easy harder than the first game's Superhuman because they didn't know about the original bug. The real bug in unupdated TFTD was game-breaking research problems that made it very easy to render the game Unwinnable.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42172 on: January 03, 2014, 12:16:06 am »

Oh right. The Tasoth Commander and the Deep One Terrorist thing. I forgot about that.
He's fucking with us.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42173 on: January 03, 2014, 10:52:53 am »

I'm just waiting for OpenXcom to update to 10 and get tftd support. If you were planning to play the original x-com I'd strongly recommend it. Adds a lot of optional stuff, fixed bugs, fixes item limits. Everything is improved in the right way.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #42174 on: January 03, 2014, 10:58:10 am »

What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42175 on: January 03, 2014, 11:35:03 am »

Today... is freakishly cold.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42176 on: January 03, 2014, 11:38:25 am »

So...there is a person who seems legitimately crazy (or possibly under the influence of something) walking around outside my truck. She's ranting and raving about something or other, waving around papers in one hand and a bag in the other.

I'm not really sure what to do here o.o

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42177 on: January 03, 2014, 11:42:32 am »

take the bag and just drive away

then sell the drugs inside it to the mexicans

it's how it works in the movies

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42178 on: January 03, 2014, 11:44:22 am »

But in the movies doesn't that end up biting you in the ass and then everything goes to hell and at least one person important to you dies before you get the money?
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42179 on: January 03, 2014, 11:45:58 am »

Either that or you go on a whirlwind adventure, meet a bunch of memorable characters, and find true love and happiness.

Honestly, its a fifty-fifty shot.

Pages: 1 ... 2810 2811 [2812] 2813 2814 ... 10995