Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6214 6215 [6216] 6217 6218 ... 10995

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13564607 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #93225 on: January 05, 2016, 12:55:52 pm »

100% of people who don't breathe also die.

Woah. Slow down. We currently know that 100% of people who breathe Nitrogen/Oxygen die.
Clearly there must be a "not die" gas.
Current evidence does not support this hypothesis.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #93226 on: January 05, 2016, 12:59:29 pm »

Woah. Slow down. We currently know that 100% of people who breathe Nitrogen/Oxygen die.
The experiments performed heretofore have failed to include a representative sample, yet another proof of the aerobic bias in the system!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93227 on: January 05, 2016, 01:00:52 pm »

Aerobic bias!?
Aero!
You're a genius! You've cracked the code.
We should've been looking for a breathable not-die SOLID.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 01:02:54 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93228 on: January 05, 2016, 01:01:17 pm »

Maybe the right combination. Lithium and Iron would make LiFe, so clearly if you breathe a mix of lithium and iron, you'll live forever.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #93229 on: January 05, 2016, 01:03:51 pm »

Maybe the right combination. Lithium and Iron would make LiFe, so clearly if you breathe a mix of lithium and iron, you'll live forever.
You fail to take in account that Life is a slow-acting poison. Again, 100% of affected die.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93230 on: January 05, 2016, 01:04:35 pm »

Maaaan, I have things I need to complain about but I don't even know how to begin complaining about them, nor which thread to do said complaining in. This is both weird and unideal.
You're already complaining about complaining,
Better get if off your chest before we all go down the rabbithole.
Sheeiit.
Well, our recently-acquired 'lodger' is severely cutting into my chillaxing time with his habits.
Like... this dude pretty much lives on the couch (I guess his actual room is pretty small... more of a closet really), playing videogames until he passes out, waking up to do it again, and living on "nutella jaffles" and instant noodles. Also, if there's anything videogame-related going on he needs to be involved.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love games with local multiplayer. But when I can't play anything without some guy plonking himself down, cross-legged in front of the TV and excitedly saying, "Oh, I'll join you," as he grabs up the nearest controller, well, that's a bit much. I'll just retreat to the safety of my room and stare into the retina-burning abyss of my computer screen instead.

Ugh, this can't be making much sense. I think I'm going to go sleep now, I'm feeling pretty much dead.
I had planned on staying up late tonight and catching up on some gaming (I haven't been doing much in the videogaming department lately), but I couldn't even brush up on my very, very rusty Mortal Kombat skills without this guy taking his place by the TV and whipping out his laptop to Google kombos as he waits impatiently for my match to finish. ::)
I gave up, mumbling vague excuses and fleeing the room.

The worst part? He means well, and is an incredibly nice guy, but he's quickly becoming a pain to live with.
Still, he's nowhere near as bad as the last dude- this guy at least has some redeeming qualities. I think I just need to get better at being nice to people.

Tried nitrous oxide?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93231 on: January 05, 2016, 01:19:06 pm »

Well, I would suggest using the "Son, this my me time" line, if he has a computer in his room me can play. Otherwise it's mean.

But whenever I'm watching mah animus and a housemate walks in, I always pause it and be like "Dude I do not want you to see me like this".
They get that message pretty well.

But yeah, that or "Mate I love you, but I'm in the middle of a binge sesh. Come back in four hours." Line works for me. YMMV though, again base on whatever else he has to do around the house.

Edit:
That being said it killed me a little when my sorta inexperienced housemate plopped down whenever I was playing Gauntlet like "sup man I'll help you finish this level". Didn't have the heart to say "Don't. Please. I was already having trouble with it".
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 01:27:38 pm by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #93232 on: January 05, 2016, 01:22:04 pm »

Yeah, if he's a nice guy he'll be willing to step off if you explain you enjoy playing alone sometimes. Especially if you also enjoy playing with him sometimes.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93233 on: January 05, 2016, 01:43:48 pm »

Get him an interest, sounds like he needs one that doesn't occur in your workspace.

Try and get him to go on some long distance runs and stuff, he sounds a little competitive, but friendly enough to be up for it.If you're lucky he'll get addicted to the dopamine rush.

Or die of heatstroke. It is Australia, after all..
One wheel short of a wagon

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #93234 on: January 05, 2016, 01:53:08 pm »

Internet/telephone provider sends a repair team yesterday, without notifying the building administration previously either, to do... something. I end up staying without phone or internet until today. After bugging the technicians, we finally get it back... except the connection is about 0.6mb/s instead of the 15 we are paying for.

I swear, I feel like punching someone.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #93235 on: January 05, 2016, 01:59:11 pm »

It should be legal to punch someone if your internet isn't as fast as you're paying for.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #93236 on: January 05, 2016, 02:00:18 pm »

Actually so far only about 97% of all people who breathe Nitrogen/Oxygen have died, so that means that there's a 3% chance to not die right? :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93237 on: January 05, 2016, 02:34:24 pm »

I feel this way on Steam a lot!  Fortunately there's offline mode for that.
Sharing a living/gaming room at the frat house was awkward though, yeah.  Particularly when they accidentally broke my PS2 lite >:(  (It was an easy fix, and the damn thing's *still* working though it must be 10 years old).  I ended up moving everything into my room, cramped but private.  Not quiet, though, except in the mornings heh.

Still, it was kinda fun to show them oddball games like Rez, Portal, Amplitude/Frequency...  And uh, I learned a whole lot about American football I guess.  And synth pop.

...  And cheap liquor.  All the cheap liquor.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93238 on: January 05, 2016, 02:35:49 pm »

Actually so far only about 97% of all people who breathe Nitrogen/Oxygen have died, so that means that there's a 3% chance to not die right? :P
That seems like a phenomenon which would disappear as soon as it is tested.
Observed... Hmm.
Perhaps we are breathing too much quantum

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #93239 on: January 05, 2016, 03:08:18 pm »

One of our vendors who delivers things for us walked out with a carton of cigarettes yesterday. Apparently he didn't know he was on camera and we know who he is? The entire building is covered in cameras.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 6214 6215 [6216] 6217 6218 ... 10995