Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7387 7388 [7389] 7390 7391 ... 10993

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13513021 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #110820 on: October 11, 2016, 12:16:23 pm »

At bus station, talking to probably homeless man because I'm waiting for the bus.
Had one of the best conversations about postmodernism that I've ever had.

If I see that hobo again, I'm going to have a lot of prying questions.
I'm still none the wiser on what postmodernism is. I mean, I sort of know what it means just by looking at the name, but nothing beyond that.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #110821 on: October 11, 2016, 12:20:53 pm »

Hobos are great conversationalists.  Or the worst.

Old people are the same.

today an old man and I talked about arthritis and politics.  We both agree that this election is a sitcom waiting to be written.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 12:22:29 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110822 on: October 11, 2016, 12:30:34 pm »

At bus station, talking to probably homeless man because I'm waiting for the bus.

I'm still none the wiser on what postmodernism is. I mean, I sort of know what it means just by looking at the name, but nothing beyond that.

Uh

Something to do with metal gear 2 being weird on purpose
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #110823 on: October 11, 2016, 01:09:53 pm »

wat

Ah yes, the ARGUEBARGLE side of the youtube is still going hard.
This looks like a "crazy conspiracy theory" kind of video.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110824 on: October 11, 2016, 01:22:54 pm »

In the words of my art teacher, a professional artist with a degree: "everything is informed by everything else in art that happened and is referential". Or can be. Art gets more experimental and allegorical, and anything becomes fine if it has artistic value. Of course, what has artistic value is a cthonic debate, but it's a lot more than was considered, say, 100 years ago. But yeah, its pretty meaningless as terms go, as it just says "anything that is part of an art movement in which "art" could be pretty much anything".
One wheel short of a wagon

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #110825 on: October 11, 2016, 02:13:44 pm »

Did you give him money? It's customary to give money to cool homeless people.

Though that might offend him if he happens to not be homeless and is just dressed that way.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110826 on: October 11, 2016, 02:14:01 pm »

Disciples always felt to me like a more western ogre battle that lets you actualy control what your units do in battle. Good games overall, but the lack of feeling of progresson killed it for me. I mean, I get it, I can't take the team of cheesed leveled up creatures I put together in the last mission, but c'mom, I can't even take a single one of them? At all? Even age of wonders allowed me to pay to take some experienced high level units and heroes to new missions with me, and HoMM let me take my leveled heroes through campaign missions (IIRC).
You can take heroes and items with you in D2, dunno about 1 or 3.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #110827 on: October 11, 2016, 02:22:47 pm »

Did you give him money? It's customary to give money to cool homeless people.

Though that might offend him if he happens to not be homeless and is just dressed that way.

The conversation started when he asked for bus fare, so yeah. Not a lot, but I barely carry cash these days. Sadly.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #110828 on: October 11, 2016, 02:53:41 pm »

That reminds me that I keep a five euro bill around in case I want to give it to a hobo or a street performer but I tend to end up feeling too attached to my money to actually give it to anyone. I guess that's more of a mild sad than a WTF thing so I'll crosspost this there.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #110829 on: October 11, 2016, 03:04:45 pm »

Noes.  giving money is liberating.

Fubar, yo monies.

besides, Id much rather give monies to a poor hobo who was interesting to talk to than a street performer.  A mind is a terrible thing to waste, and a sharp mind in a dull situation is closing in on the circles of hell.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #110830 on: October 11, 2016, 03:12:08 pm »

I don't speak German so I wouldn't know if a hobo was interesting to talk to, because I live in Germany.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110831 on: October 11, 2016, 04:03:15 pm »

My new truck has a "lane assist" feature, supposed to alert you if you start drifting out of your lane. These are generally annoying, because sometimes in a big rig you need to leave your lane in order to make maneuvers, but the lane assist often can't tell an intentional lane departure from an accidental one. Also, if you're driving through an area with lots of road work (eg, most of California), the system sometimes see lines that aren't there while failing to spot lines that are there, causing it to throw up warnings no matter what you do.

But the presence of the feature isn't my WTF for today. It's the sound it makes when it triggers a warning. In my experience such sounds are usually loud beeps. Annoying, right? Well, my new truck's warning sounds (and feels) like one of those goddamn GAU cannons that they build warplanes to fly around. It's literally a *BRRRRRRRRRRRT*, loud as all hell.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #110832 on: October 11, 2016, 04:05:14 pm »

That kinda sounds like they were going for the rumble strip sound and feel.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110833 on: October 11, 2016, 04:11:30 pm »

I don't speak German so I wouldn't know if a hobo was interesting to talk to, because I live in Germany.
Is it difficult? Do you usually talk to friends/acqaintances in English? Also how nonexistent is your German?
Kinda curious about whether if it's very inconvenient to live somewhere where you don't speak the language.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #110834 on: October 11, 2016, 04:13:34 pm »

Is it difficult? Do you usually talk to friends/acqaintances in English? Also how nonexistent is your German?
Kinda curious about whether if it's very inconvenient to live somewhere where you don't speak the language.
I'm in an international program, so yeah, we speak in English. I also seek out English speakers when I need to ask people for things.

Pages: 1 ... 7387 7388 [7389] 7390 7391 ... 10993