Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 231554 times)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Replacement requested
« Reply #300 on: November 11, 2010, 04:28:14 pm »

EXTENSION

I'm busy from now until an hour after the game ends with only my phone to post so I won't be able to post again.

Mysteriousbluepuppet and Ottofar, you've received a stay of lurkitude. Use it.

SHAD0Wdump, you have a chance to prove yourself useful. If you have anything that would make it more costly than helpful to lynch us, now would be a good time to share it. Or even to delay your lynch until tomorrow. With all the crap you've been spewing, it is going to have to be awesome.

I've only played one full game with him; I replaced into another he was in after he died, and he replaced in one of mine after I died, so I've seen him a bit. His ego and playstyle are indeed unique and legendary, but he's seldom this useless. He tends to be far more verbose, has incisive questions, and will badger and badger on people until he has received answers to his satisfaction.

That he's now dicking around with his +5 sword of uselessness tells me he isn't playing his normal town game, which means he's scum. I wouldn't mind it one bit if he hangs today, and I think it would be a vastly more useful lynch than Shadowdump, even if they are both scum. Wuba with scum night actions is scary.
Actually he has two modes. He's in passive/mostly useless mode right now. If all goes as normal, he'll switch into crazy mode shortly.

Why would a Reporter waste his time trying to find a Zoologist when there's scum to go find?
Because the Reporter could cut a deal with the Zoologist. Helpful for both.

Why would the Exterminator (who may not even exist, btw) throw away his large tech slot to get a chance at killing a potentially nonexistant Zoologist who isn't even that big of a deal?
The point is that if SHAD0Wdump attracts enough attention, the Plasma Bomb will do a lot more damage.

If no one else will I can replace if you guys don't mind a slight lack of experience, just reading through round 16, halfway done, then I can read through this topic.
So far as me, go for it. The biggest thing is to be active. The second is if you do scummy things, keep trying and don't give up. But that's just me, Meph has the final call.

got swamped by work, i'm still there and ill have more time to post tonight and tommorow. Ill do a big one tonight.
Tonight is the final day. Ask for an extention if you don't have time, make sure you use it. Otherwise it's lurking -> scummy.

Ooh, I just can't wait to see people's reactions when I go stiff.

But yeah, this is a particular reason I don't tend to play mafia, it just doesn't work. However if I had restrained myself to the three a day thing I might have been able to survive... actually probably not, you'd all probably turn rampant anyway.

I might consider trying another game while more strictly retaining myself to three words max per post, because otherwise it ends up in everyone going ballistic and lynching me. I mean, gotta try something right?
No. The problem is that you aren't trying to fix your game. If you're trying, you'll get more slack.

I like how the game is active.

My list'd go something like: Kamina
SHAD0W
Perhaps JTF.
I don't like how you're not.

Your list is the exact same as Org's, which is the exact same as people have been saying for a while now.  Nothing new and no reasoning given. Scummy.

Damn, I'll try to do a bit better post tomorrow.
The day ends tonight. If you're going to need more time, request an extension and use it. Same as Mysteriousbluepuppet above. Otherwise, scummy.

Aah, but there's no chance we're worse off, right? Worst case scenario, we just lynch him tomorrow. It's not like we have to lynch him today, we're more than capable of lynching him tomorrow.
But will we? This is how Org surives to the end in games where he's less productive.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 11, 2010, 04:30:09 pm »

Extension

PPE: Ne'er mind, ninja'd by Janus.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 11, 2010, 04:35:07 pm »

The Whiteboard
KaminaSquirtle: Leafsnail, Org, Ottofar, SHAD0Wdump
Leafsnail: KaminaSquirtle
SHAD0Wdump: Criptfeind, JanusTwoface, Jim Groovester, Pandarsenic, Toaster
Solifuge: Eduren, Mysteriousbluepuppet
Toaster: webadict
webadict: Mr.Person, Zathras

Day has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 11, 2010, 05:56:03 pm »

I'm not bandwagoning Webadict. He's up to something, and it stinks worse than I do.

Coward. It's pretty terrible when claimed scum can't put their money where their mouth is.

How does what webadict's doing stink worse than what you're doing?

To everybody trying to lynch webadict: How about we not try to get him lynched for lurking. If he says he's busy I don't really have any reason to doubt him, because stuff happens, it takes time away from games. We can only hold one person accountable for lurking today, and is webadict really the worst example out there? There are people out there without excuses for their lurking, and you're going to hold webadict's ass to the fire for stupid meta shit? That's dumb.

Now that I got that out of the way I'm going to stir some shit up.

Day 1 Ends ~5pm Pacific Today

I say we haven't made nearly enough progress, hell, there's people that have posted only once or twice, for fuck's sake... I also think the current consensus around a Shadowdump lynch, while understandable, is less than optimal -- there are worthier targets.

Therefore, I request an extension.

If there are worthier targets for lynches today, why are you doing precisely nothing trying to convince people about that? Mr. Person's more interested in a webadict lynch than you are, because he's going out there to convince people. Are you just going to let him do all the work?

You're saying all the right town things but you're doing none of the right town actions. Through the whole game you've done no serious scumhunting, you've only prodded lurkers, and made the grandiose contribution of the Lukertracker©. It looks like you're more interested in avoiding attention with empty and easy contributions than you are in finding scum.

I think you're scum, Zathras. You're not stirring any shit up and it's bugging me.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Day 1
« Reply #304 on: November 11, 2010, 07:13:58 pm »

Yes, these have been pointed out.  I'll remove my vote when I've seen more original contributions, rather than just attacking an me, an easy target.
I can't help it if scum is an easy target.

But I'm still suspicious of Leafsnail.  He pops in to say nothing but that I was acting awfully scummy, and nothing else?  My acting scummy has already been established.  Seems like he's being less-than-useful.  My vote doesn't come off until better contributions from him.
So... you're admitting you did scummy things that make you scum, and are making no attempts to deny them.  Nor are you refuting any of my points.

You're just saying I'm scum for pointing our your alignment.  Uh, right.  Whatever.

My argument about your ridiculously panicky and inconsistent reaction (in which you make a series of irrelevant and contradictory statements) is both original and valid.  You've realised your actions are indefensible, so instead you've just decided to attack anyone who votes you.  This is not a townie thing to do, and your flailing is looking more classically noobscum by the post.

Mysteriousbluepuppet and Ottofar, you've received a stay of lurkitude. Use it.

SHAD0Wdump, you have a chance to prove yourself useful. If you have anything that would make it more costly than helpful to lynch us, now would be a good time to share it. Or even to delay your lynch until tomorrow. With all the crap you've been spewing, it is going to have to be awesome.
I'm actually very, very impressed by this post.  It takes up the entire screen, but it doesn't once accuse ANYONE of being scum.  At all.  Sure, it makes an extremely vague attack on Ottofar for throwaway reasons, but your two FoS's go to lurkers and your vote is done based on policy.  I'd like to give you an award for most waffly, useless, active lurking post, JanusTwoFace.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 11, 2010, 07:45:42 pm »

But I'm still suspicious of Leafsnail.  He pops in to say nothing but that I was acting awfully scummy, and nothing else?  My acting scummy has already been established.  Seems like he's being less-than-useful.  My vote doesn't come off until better contributions from him.
So... you're admitting you did scummy things that make you scum, and are making no attempts to deny them.  Nor are you refuting any of my points.

You're just saying I'm scum for pointing our your alignment.  Uh, right.  Whatever.

My argument about your ridiculously panicky and inconsistent reaction (in which you make a series of irrelevant and contradictory statements) is both original and valid.  You've realised your actions are indefensible, so instead you've just decided to attack anyone who votes you.  This is not a townie thing to do, and your flailing is looking more classically noobscum by the post.
No.  They don't make me scum.  They make me look like scum, sure.  How am I supposed to refute that something makes me look scummy when it does?

Your arguments aren't original.  I'm quite sure everyone has noticed those points by the time you posted them.

I'm not taking issue with you voting me.  I don't like it, but it doesn't make you scummy.  However, lurking and then only pointing out obvious points, and almost nothing else, does.  You're trying to dismiss my argument by saying that I'm just 'flailing'.  Maybe you should address my actual point instead of making a strawman by putting words in mouth.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 11, 2010, 08:05:22 pm »

No.  They don't make me scum.  They make me look like scum, sure.  How am I supposed to refute that something makes me look scummy when it does?
The sheer logical contortion in this paragraph greatly amuses me.

"I look like scum, and I can't deny that I look like scum, but trust me, I'm not scum!"

Your arguments aren't original.  I'm quite sure everyone has noticed those points by the time you posted them.
"And for saying that I'm scum for reasons I aknowledge are correct, you're scum!"

Quote from: KaminaSquirtle link=treasons opic=69553.msg1708606#msg1708606 date=1289522742
I'm not taking issue with you voting me.  I don't like it, but it doesn't make you scummy.  However, lurking and then only pointing out obvious points, and almost nothing else, does.
I will point out obvious scum until they die, thank you very much.

Quote from: KaminaSquirtle link=treasons opic=69553.msg1708606#msg1708606 date=1289522742
You're trying to dismiss my argument by saying that I'm just 'flailing'.  Maybe you should address my actual point instead of making a strawman by putting words in mouth.
The thing is, there's no actual point to your argument.

You've admitted that you look like scum, and you can't deny that you look like scum.  In other words, you're expecting me to take on trust that you aren't scum.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 11, 2010, 08:20:26 pm »

You're still missing my point.  My point is you've posted almost nothing except attacks on me.  It's that you have nothing else to contribute that gets me.  It takes almost no effort to attack me.  Do something that requires effort.
You've admitted that you look like scum, and you can't deny that you look like scum.  In other words, you're expecting me to take on trust that you aren't scum.
I expect you to determine my scummyness from a combination of my past actions and my present ones.  I intend to show I'm not scum.  If you don't believe I can redeem myself, then by all means keep tunneling me.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 11, 2010, 08:42:18 pm »

Your current actions aren't any better than your past ones, though.  That's the thing.

And again, if I get scum lynched today, that's all that really matters.  I guess I could poke vague attacks and questions at twelve different people ŕ la Janus, but then my attacks cease to have any real weight.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 11, 2010, 08:51:41 pm »

Well, there seems little chance of you changing your mind, so I see no need to continue this conversation.

What comes of this is up to the other players.

Mish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 11, 2010, 09:04:38 pm »

Have you completed at least one other mafia game? A Beginners, perhaps? If so I'll let you join.
Yeah, a couple of games on another forum, plus I've read some games on this forum.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 11, 2010, 09:22:17 pm »

Hmm. Ok, I'll send you the Role PM.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 11, 2010, 09:33:34 pm »

Kamina:  If you want to convince us you're not scum, do it by negation.  Show us someone else who is scum.  Right now, you're #2 scum in my book.

You're doing a poor job of scum hunting now.  You voted Leafsnail for lurking, then when he came back and posted, you changed your reason for voting him... to because he voted you for acting scummy?  Try harder than that.

Person:
Person:
While I'm dragging up a few older posts, I feel like pointing out I would of voted SHAD0Wdump yesterday, but I really want to give a Zoologist a chance to grab him first. I still do.
Why did you feel the need to phrase this this way? It looks like you're being defensive for something you haven't been accused of. 

I do agree that on first look a Zoologist would certaintly pick up SHAD0Wdump, but on second loop there's all sorts of ways that could go wrong. Prime target for a Reporter, plasma bomb, night kill, prolly a few other things.

Nah, I just want everyone to unvote SHAD0Wdump. A Zoologist or Vigilante will take care of him, if we have either one of those roles.

Let's assume he's not lynched and survives to D2, and no one comes forward with information about him.  What do we do then?  All it does is postpone the problem.  I say let's solve it now- otherwise we end up with more of...

Aah, but there's no chance we're worse off, right? Worst case scenario, we just lynch him tomorrow. It's not like we have to lynch him today, we're more than capable of lynching him tomorrow.

If we spend half the next day on this conversation, then we're worse off.  I'm sure he's scum, so I want him gone now.

Mish:  Thanks for replacing in.  After you get done reviewing the thread and posting your observation, I'd also like to know the most important lesson you've learned in your previous games.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 11, 2010, 10:07:05 pm »

Seriously, posting three words a day is going to get you killed no matter what. It makes you look like you're hiding something.
Because I am. I would be hiding my 24/7 scummy attitude.
No, man. You need to show an attitude of achievement. You want the town to succeed. Hiding it behind made up post restrictions will only make you a policy lynch. You'll be a detriment to your team no matter what it is.

Web:  You appear to be dancing around the point of asking me why I'm voting Shadow, so let me summarize for you.

His behavior has gone beyond scummy, on past intentionally scummy, way out into "so intentionally scummy that I must not be scum at all!"  He's scum trying to pull off Refuge in Audacity, and I'm calling him on it.  Once he several votes, he tried to back down off it and try "Sorry about that, I'm being helpful now, see?"  Clear sign of RiA scum getting caught in the act and trying to back down off it.
While that's definitely possible, I really doubt that he's going to pull off a successful RiA on Day 1. Or ever. I just don't.
WIFOM? From Webadict? I'd never thought I'd see the day.
That's me evaluating his ability. That's not WIFOM. My opinion is neither fact nor being forced onto others.

So what IS SHAD0Wdump doing, then?

@Webadict: Does NOBODY ELSE see his OBVIOUS AND BLATANT active lurking? He has 9 posts, yet NONE OF THEM HAVE ANY CONTENT AT ALL? Does anybody else notice that his playstyle is totally different this game compared to any of the games he's been town in since ever? Why are people giving him a pass when he's being totally useless? It's like how people treat Org... except this is fucking Webadict! Usually by this point he's drilling somebody to death, yet now he's joking around with Org? This seems really, really off. He's obviously scum and it seems like nobody else but Zathras even cares, and Zathreas doesn't even seem to be that serious.
That's not true. I'm contributing less than normal, but I'm not contributing nothing. Not only that, but I don't have time to drill someone to death right now. By Tuesday, I should have significantly more time.

If you care to wait, that is. It also doesn't help that there's 15 other people posting at once.
I'd like to point out here that Webadict has only posted about himself. Usually by now Webadict would be grilling some poor target to death, yet here he's not even asking any questions. It's not like there's a lack of targets, either.
Yeah, sorry. I haven't had time to evaluate posts on a case by case basis. There's too many people to even make a small attack right now or get a head about the situation. But, if I get to Tuesday, I promise I'll have a good reading.

Mostly caught up, I'm back on webadict for being cryptic and unhelpful. Web, who from the six lurkiest I mentioned earlier are most likely to be scumlurking, in your opinion?
I'd say Ottofar and Eduren. Having only 1 post is unacceptable. I mean, I'm trying to do the bare minimum and I've got 11 posts. What's that say about them?

Deflection. No vote at all. Laziness. Wow, this post is super-duper scummy.

Lurkers? Really? That's it? There's nothing else odd going one? KaminaSquirtle hasn't done anything scummy? Janus's Org-policy-lynch didn't ring any warning bells from you? Not even any questions for anyone? I know what attacking lurkers is, it's a last-ditch effort to look useful when you're not actually doing anything. And of course you actually pose no questions for the lurkers, so there's no reason for your useless blue text to actually change the fact they're lurking.
Were you reading what I was responding to? I was asked who was likely scumlurking. I gave my opinion. I honestly see nothing wrong with my answer. Sure, they're lurking. But, they've posted once. Once. Your point doesn't make any sense.

Look, you can cut me some slack and extend the Day, or you can sit here and complain. I'm not asking much. All I really want is to pass my class. I'm not going to put this game before my life.

I'm not bandwagoning Webadict. He's up to something, and it stinks worse than I do.

Coward. It's pretty terrible when claimed scum can't put their money where their mouth is.

How does what webadict's doing stink worse than what you're doing?

To everybody trying to lynch webadict: How about we not try to get him lynched for lurking. If he says he's busy I don't really have any reason to doubt him, because stuff happens, it takes time away from games. We can only hold one person accountable for lurking today, and is webadict really the worst example out there? There are people out there without excuses for their lurking, and you're going to hold webadict's ass to the fire for stupid meta shit? That's dumb.
Thank you. If I'm not here by the time I promise, feel free to push me on it everyone. I'm sorry, and I'm trying to at least contribute a minimum amount.

Extension.

Again, sorry guys.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 11, 2010, 10:24:52 pm »

Extension.
webadict needs a chance+I need time to actually not be stupid and help find scum.
Unvote.
I'm going to reread the thread and see what I come up with.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 66