Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 66

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Game Over!  (Read 231534 times)

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - 2 Replacement Needed
« Reply #480 on: November 20, 2010, 12:58:25 am »

PPE: Dude, I'm not going to post the PM. The data is out there, people will make their minds. The undisputed fact remains: Pandar was blocked the night the Dopps didn't kill, and he has admitted it. Then he tried to weasel out with a very flimsy claim. Make of it what you will.
"Hey look, Pandar's dopp, go vote him instead!  It doesn't matter that I'm the exterminator."
It look to me like you're grasping at whatever straws you can to avoid getting lynched.  That makes you even more scummy.

Notice how Pandar said 'or something'.  He wasn't very sure, he just assumed it was warden.

The chains seem like a very distinct way of telling it was warden.  I think Pandar would have mention invisible chains.

Yeah, you're scum.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 20, 2010, 01:00:58 am »

Hehe. I remember that night.

Me too.

It was the night webadict was a huge dick about it the next day. That was a fun game.

Warning - while you were typing 5 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Woah, I think you have something there Jim.
A most interesting development indeed.
So do you think Pandar is scum, and Zathras blocked him as exterminator, or that Pandar is innocent?
And if that was a morning kill, then the exterminator killed both Org and Cript.  I find that quite the interesting choice.  Quite strange, wasting an assassin bot on Org of all people.
But I suppose that's just a pile of WIFOM anyway.  Just seems a strange choice to me.

Warning - while you were typing 6 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Woah, that's some serious evidence.
I believe Pandar to be scum, but I'd rather lynch an Exterminator than a dopp.  From what I can tell exterminators are more dangerous than dopp, correct?
Unvote.
Vote Zathras.

Warning - while you were typing 9 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Argh this is crazy.

Of course I have something. I caught Zathras in a lie.

Pandarsenic could still be scum; he freely admitted that he was roleblocked and there was no dopp kill last night. But Zathras, like I said earlier, is guaranteed.

The Exterminator isn't necessarily more dangerous than the Dopps, but if we get rid of the Exterminator then we drop the nightly kill count from two to one, guaranteed. It's a good move, over all, since it slows down the game and let's us get a few more mislynches before lylo. But Zathras isn't necessarily the Exterminator, he probably just plays for the Exterminator team. Regardless, he should be lynched immediately.

And the Assassin Bot was likely used by a Human Military Scientist, considering that Org was filled with bullet holes instead of having charred cavities in his chest.

PPE: Dude, I'm not going to post the PM. The data is out there, people will make their minds. The undisputed fact remains: Pandar was blocked the night the Dopps didn't kill, and he has admitted it. Then he tried to weasel out with a very flimsy claim. Make of it what you will.

Your deflection is noted; please shut up.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 20, 2010, 01:07:46 am »

And the Assassin Bot was likely used by a Human Military Scientist, considering that Org was filled with bullet holes instead of having charred cavities in his chest.
Ah, that makes much more sense.  I hadn't considered that possibility.  That means the exterminator still has some pretty powerful tech left, and we should lynch him before he has the chance to use it.  More reason to vote Zathras.
The Exterminator isn't necessarily more dangerous than the Dopps, but if we get rid of the Exterminator then we drop the nightly kill count from two to one, guaranteed. It's a good move, over all, since it slows down the game and let's us get a few more mislynches before lylo. But Zathras isn't necessarily the Exterminator, he probably just plays for the Exterminator team. Regardless, he should be lynched immediately.
Good point.
Dropping from two nks to one would be godsend.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 20, 2010, 01:26:39 am »

Pandarsenic could still be scum; he freely admitted that he was roleblocked and there was no dopp kill last night. But Zathras, like I said earlier, is guaranteed.

Far be it from me to free you from your delusion, but for the benefit of people who will catch up on this tomorrow, can you recap which lie you caught me on, that makes me, as you say, "guaranteed"? Is it failing to mention that the flavour included "chains", but that Pandar's (and Meph's from P16) did include dizziness and sleep? Or something else?

Also, please recap the sequence of events... I could only post once a day for a week, so when the day started, I noticed the Dopps didn't kill and that a scummy player had been roleblocked, so I, as the alien you say I am, immediately voted him and used my limited posting time to point out my night action results instead of laying low or talking about something else? And Kamina, you think that lynching me will eliminate a NK? If that was the case, wouldn't I have killed last night? Or did I both kill Cript/Org and block Pandar?

I'm not being defensive; lynch me if you think that's the best, but please do recap your arguments, because I think they are full of holes, and you are letting off the person convicted by the one piece of solid data that emerged.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 20, 2010, 01:43:57 am »

And Kamina, you think that lynching me will eliminate a NK? If that was the case, wouldn't I have killed last night? Or did I both kill Cript/Org and block Pandar?
You did kill last night.  You killed Cript.  Org was probably killed by a human military scientist assassin bot, as Jim said earlier.  I find it funny you didn't notice this, since he mentioned it in the post you quoted.

I was under the assumption that a Exterminator could nk and use tech in the same night.  Is that not correct?  If they can't, that changes things quite a bit.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 20, 2010, 01:56:41 am »

Guys, lynch Pand. Zathras is a town Psychic Warden or the world's stupidest alien. Either way, lynching Pand is a much better use of time.

It's not possible for Zathras to be an alien with a Stun Orb. Think about it. The only alien that can get a Stun Orb without upgrading to the superior Stun Bomb is the Survivor. Why would a Survivor take a Stun Orb and blow it on the first night? And he can't be an Exterminator who used a Stun Orb, there was an Exterminator kill last night. Meph, please confirm to these idiots that using a Stun Orb counts as your whole night action (or change the role list to make it more clear).

And in any case, remember that the flavor last night was written by Jokerman instead of Meph. If there's minor inconsistencies, that'd be why.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 20, 2010, 02:15:27 am »

...that's a really good point.  I really should check who can get what before I vote them...
I'd like to point out that the Exterminator Operative could get a stun orb, but your other point is still good.
Why the hell would an exterminator aligned player want to roleblock a scum player?  That would prevent kills, which is definitely NOT what he wants.
And if that would count as his night action, then him being exterminator makes no sense.   He could be the operative, however.  I'd rather kill a dopp than a possible operative.
Good point about flavor being written by Jokerman too.
Once I see Meph confirm that using a Stun Orb counts as your night action, then I'll change my vote to pandar.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 20, 2010, 02:49:23 am »

Guys, lynch Pand. Zathras is a town Psychic Warden or the world's stupidest alien. Either way, lynching Pand is a much better use of time.

It's not possible for Zathras to be an alien with a Stun Orb. Think about it. The only alien that can get a Stun Orb without upgrading to the superior Stun Bomb is the Survivor. Why would a Survivor take a Stun Orb and blow it on the first night? And he can't be an Exterminator who used a Stun Orb, there was an Exterminator kill last night. Meph, please confirm to these idiots that using a Stun Orb counts as your whole night action (or change the role list to make it more clear).

And in any case, remember that the flavor last night was written by Jokerman instead of Meph. If there's minor inconsistencies, that'd be why.

A two member Exterminator team explains all discrepancies. With the multitiude of tech choices I can easily see Zathras and his partner grabbing a Stun Orb for the hell of it.

Flavor discrepancies because of J-EXE is a bullshit reason to ignore Zathras being lying scum. I mean, apparently J-EXE had the wherewithal to include chains on the sending end. Why not the receiving? Meph wouldn't have let inaccurate flavor get in his game.

You're defending Zathras, who's quite clearly a lying fakeclaimer, and you're trying to deflect suspicion and votes onto Pandarsenic, just the same as Zathras. You are Zathras' partner in the Exterminator team.

Far be it from me to free you from your delusion, but for the benefit of people who will catch up on this tomorrow, can you recap which lie you caught me on, that makes me, as you say, "guaranteed"? Is it failing to mention that the flavour included "chains", but that Pandar's (and Meph's from P16) did include dizziness and sleep? Or something else?

Also, please recap the sequence of events... I could only post once a day for a week, so when the day started, I noticed the Dopps didn't kill and that a scummy player had been roleblocked, so I, as the alien you say I am, immediately voted him and used my limited posting time to point out my night action results instead of laying low or talking about something else? And Kamina, you think that lynching me will eliminate a NK? If that was the case, wouldn't I have killed last night? Or did I both kill Cript/Org and block Pandar?

I'm not being defensive; lynch me if you think that's the best, but please do recap your arguments, because I think they are full of holes, and you are letting off the person convicted by the one piece of solid data that emerged.

Your first instinct when I told you about what the Psychic Warden flavor was was to not believe it. If you actually were a Psychic Warden Pandarsenic would've known he was blocked by one and you wouldn't have been surprised by it. You are clearly a liar and you will hang.

And yes, I can easily see that sequence of events playing out exactly like you say given how you are an alien. If you revealed that you blocked Pandarsenic, and he flipped scum, well, that would look pretty good for you, and you get a dopp lynch off. Good progress, if it worked. You not lying low or talking about something else is WIFOM.

I guess your request for a replacement is bullshit, just like everything else you've done this game. You're quite clearly motivated to post now that your scummy ass has been found out.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 20, 2010, 03:55:43 am »

A two member Exterminator team explains all discrepancies.
Yes, now you have two people conniving together to bring alive this vision of yours. That's not a stretch at all over the simpler explanation, is it? And if it were true, lynching me doesn't stop the exterminator NK, does it?

Flavor discrepancies because of J-EXE is a bullshit reason to ignore Zathras being lying scum. I mean, apparently J-EXE had the wherewithal to include chains on the sending end. Why not the receiving? Meph wouldn't have let inaccurate flavor get in his game.
You assume too much. Pandar didn't mention chains in his post, but why would he? He was on the defending end of the accusation, yes? It would be in his benefit to be as terse as possible. On the other side, I didn't mention them at first; to be honest, I didn't pay close attention to the flavour, all I retained from that moment three days ago was "roleblock success".

My not immediately remembering the specifics of the flavour is the cornerstone of your case, yes? This in a game variant I play for the first time, and at a time when I had trouble remembering the names of the players... Is this really what you are using to mark me as "guaranteed" liar?

You're defending Zathras, who's quite clearly a lying fakeclaimer, and you're trying to deflect suspicion and votes onto Pandarsenic, just the same as Zathras. You are Zathras' partner in the Exterminator team.
You are fulfilling the same for Pandar (speaking of fakeclaimers), trying to deflect suspicion and votes from him to me. Using your argument, we must deduce you are Pandar's scumbuddy, yes? Your case against me hinges on your presumption that I lied about flavour, and even if I did, I wouldn't have a NK. The case against Pandar is much more solid: he has admitted he was blocked the night Dopps didn't kill, on top of his otherwise scummy play. Isn't lynching a dopp a better thing for town than a non-NK alien of whatever flavour you have me pegged as? Why are you defending Pandar so much?

Quote from: Jim
I guess your request for a replacement is bullshit, just like everything else you've done this game. You're quite clearly motivated to post now that your scummy ass has been found out.
No, it stands. I did say I'd continue to play as opportunity allows until a replacement is found, and I happen to be able to dedicate some of my Friday night to the game, if you don't mind. But I do expect to be just as busy next week as I was last week, and I don't like posting just once per day.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 20, 2010, 03:58:48 am »

So you think Pand is a Dopp, but we should lynch Zathras because he's an Exterminator? First off, why would an Exterminator take a fucking Stun Orb? This isn't even a "Shield + Big Tech ONLY" problem, this is more like why would anyone take a Stun Orb instead of a Stun Bomb? There isn't even any WIFOM in it, it's just stupid. Second off, lynching the Dopp is more important than the Exterminator. The Exterminator kills are likely to eventually hit a Dopp or two.

But ok, he's an Operative. Fine. We should still lynch the Dopp over an Op. The Op is even less important than the Dopp. Now I'm not saying with 100% certainty that Zathras isn't an Op, but I am saying it's more important to hit a Dopp than an Op. I find Pand's lurking combined with the claim to be enough to convince me he's a Dopp. That means I'm going to lynch him. Lynching off Zathras (which I am currently against, in case it sounds like I'm waffling) is irrelevant next to lynching the most likely Dopp player in the game.

I still say that Zathras is town, but we'll know soon enough. Either he blocks someone else or he doesn't. If he's an Op, he won't be able to block more than twice. We lynch him either Day 3 or Day 4. The reason I'm not worried about this at all is simply that the information will become available no matter what. I could worry and stress and whatever, but the fact remains that he'll either role-confirm himself or die. So why bother? And if he is an alien, he's a complete idiot.

In any case, Jim, what makes you so sure Zathras is an alien and why should we bypass a Dopp to lynch said alien?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 20, 2010, 04:26:33 am »

Keep in mind that whether you believe both, one, or neither of us is scum, WE HAVE A VIGILANTE. He can simply shoot one of us at night.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 20, 2010, 05:01:19 am »

I was going to type up a big post responding to a bunch of specifics, but I'm tired.

All I really need to say is that I am completely fine with people lynching Pandarsenic over Zathras. This does not bug me in the least, since both of them are pretty much scum. I am just making sure that Zathras doesn't wiggle his way out of this by arguing hard against him and whatever crap he decides to spew.

So I'll respond to specifics tomorrow when I wake up. But there's one more thing I need to say.

Keep in mind that whether you believe both, one, or neither of us is scum, WE HAVE A VIGILANTE. He can simply shoot one of us at night.

Org's kill was an Assassin Bot, dumbass. The warm body  and the mention of it being recent is obviously indicative of a morning kill, which can only be performed by an Assassin Bot right now.

There is no Vigilante.

Also this sounds suspiciously like you are trying to bait a Vigilante kill.

Yeah, totally cool with you hanging, bro. It would probably be preferable if you're a dopp PWV.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 20, 2010, 07:33:59 am »

So, as I was saying, Janus, post-by-post.

#56: Starts driving a policy lynch on Org.
#59: Continues with the policy lynch.
#69: Policy lynch, because Org hasn't done anything useful. Hypocritical.
#71: Defends self.
#73: Policy lynch.
#77: "RVS Doesn't work. We should skip it."
#80: More anti-RVS.
#83: Policy lynch, based on Org doing nothing. Hypocritical.
#86: Defends self.
#90: Little policy lynch, little self-defence.
#151: Cancels policy lynch. Defends from Criptfeind. Weakly attacks SHAD0W.
#162: Attacks SHAD0W. No vote.

I'm gonna drop this half here, and finish it after dinner.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 20, 2010, 09:34:08 am »

#165: Defends the policy lynch and cancellation, lists possible scum, goes after lurkers. Votes Pandar.
#172: Claims only 40% of the posts've been about Org. Argues with Criptfeind.
#173: Defends the policy lynch.
#177: Argues with Cript.
#227: Attacks SHAD0W, votes. Claims again policy lynch was just to start conversation.
#244: Some Zoologist-theory. Calls Leafsnail for lurking.
#246: Questions Org about Kamina.
#248: Theorizing about SHAD0W rescuing Kamina.
#266: Answers Kamina's question about (nonexistent) buddying.
#300: Extend and Wall of text. Attacks some lurkers (Me and MBP) and SHAD0W.
#319: Wall of Text. Kinda empty.
(This is where the drowsiness is starting to kick in)
#346: Wall of Text. SHAD0W Here.
#349: Extension Objection.
#390: D2, Votes me. Otherwise quite empty.
#392: Weak attack on Leafsnail.
#394: Answers Leafsnail's question.
#396: Talks about flavor.
#418: More later.
#424: Goes after lurkers.
#426: "Do you want people to lurk?"
#430: Answers a question.
#433: Defends self a bit. Attacks Leaf weakly.
#440: Votes Pandarsenic.

So, the thing I said some time ago applies.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 17 - Replacement Needed
« Reply #494 on: November 20, 2010, 09:35:24 am »

Anyways, in short, Janus was driving the policy lynch, but it didn't work out. He wouldn't back off, because someone could've said he just wanted to get a free lynch. Then he gets SHAD0W and Cript to vote for, and argues with Cript about the amount of the Org-concerning posts. Also, he was too friendly with Kamina, which is also suspicious.
This one, I mean.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 66