Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621909 times)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2580 on: December 30, 2014, 09:17:00 pm »

How do i remove ice from a bucket, or even from a frozen river tile for melting and drinking purposes? Impossible? Also how can i carry more liquid, are waterskins/flasks found in towns?

you have to heat it in a campfire using the "I" while near the campfire, you can even fill the bucket/waterskin with snow and then heat it to get water

yea you can equip aditioanl flasks and waterskins...even more backpacks and pouches

Borge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: December 30, 2014, 09:25:15 pm »

How do i remove ice from a bucket, or even from a frozen river tile for melting and drinking purposes? Impossible? Also how can i carry more liquid, are waterskins/flasks found in towns?

you have to heat it in a campfire using the "I" while near the campfire, you can even fill the bucket/waterskin with snow and then heat it to get water

yea you can equip aditioanl flasks and waterskins...even more backpacks and pouches

I mean a bucket from a well, that is located in a town. The bucket is not in my inventory but in a well, i can raise and lower the bucket with u but can't remove the bucket or interact with it, at least i don't think i can.

Basically I'm asking how do i get water/liquid when surface sources are frozen.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 09:58:20 pm by Borge »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: December 30, 2014, 10:00:52 pm »

Well, if you have some ice in your inventory, you can melt it with a campfire, making it drinkable. After that, if you don't mind exploits, you can drop a single unit of water on the ground to create a "Puddle" with infinite water in it, from which you can fill your waterskin.  Also, you can fill a waterskin normally, even from a frozen bucket, at least in the version I'm using. Gets you a waterskin full of ice, but a campfire fixes that.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: December 30, 2014, 11:59:39 pm »

You can melt snow.  snow fits into any container.  Even coin purses.

The only way to actually raise the ambient temperatures in Adventurer mode is to light things on fire, and you dont want that.  If you can get into the sewers there is plenty of yummy water to drink.  Otherwise you have to wait until taverns get fleshed out more
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: December 31, 2014, 12:53:46 am »

Incidentally, do vampire adventurers have, like, super high regeneration? Because I just healed from two shattered ankles and a "collapsed" hand in 24 hours, kinda doesn't seem like the kind of thing I normally do, speaking as a physically normal human being.

Also, what does one do about infection in adventure mode?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: December 31, 2014, 01:02:38 am »

Incidentally, do vampire adventurers have, like, super high regeneration? Because I just healed from two shattered ankles and a "collapsed" hand in 24 hours, kinda doesn't seem like the kind of thing I normally do, speaking as a physically normal human being.

It's a feature of adventure mode. Traveling or sleeping will heal you quite a bit.

Vampires do not heal any faster, though they are much stronger, agile, and tougher than they were beforehand. They are also much more resilient to attacks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 01:09:26 am by BlackFlyme »

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: December 31, 2014, 01:10:11 am »

I don't have a question ATM, but... PTW.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: December 31, 2014, 03:46:48 am »

I noticed on latest version Toady did that :
   (*) Fixed problem causing camping armies to lose sight of certain goals once play began

Have anyone noticed if that fix is working in adventure mode too ? I mean are there always lots of "armies" (well armies in DF seems to be made of very few people) sleeping eternally ?
Are towns and castles/fortresses/forest/pits finally seeing some attacks and defense from their enemies while you're playing ?
Or is it still broken  ?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: December 31, 2014, 09:26:50 am »

Havent played 40.23 adventure yet.  But I have seen goblins attack a forest retreat before.  They spawned in small groups and attacked everything.

Let me tell you, the giant animal life did not apprecciate it
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: December 31, 2014, 10:07:19 am »

I mean a bucket from a well, that is located in a town. The bucket is not in my inventory but in a well, i can raise and lower the bucket with u but can't remove the bucket or interact with it, at least i don't think i can.

Basically I'm asking how do i get water/liquid when surface sources are frozen.
I think you have to use 'I' on your waterskin/flask while next to the well.

You can also collect snow in a container and use 'I' on that next to a campfire. I know you can heat the waterskin itself to melt all snow inside. Not sure about heating other containers.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: December 31, 2014, 08:19:04 pm »

Oh bloody hell, that's so obvious I feel stupid as shit for dehydrating to death in a snowy field now.

How do you attack your own forehead with a palm strike?

Finding waterskins is pretty random, I just suggest checking all the piles of crap you find in various towers and campgrounds, I've not yet seen someone wearing them, but I've ended up with like 8 from raiding junkpiles... though that dorf ended up becoming a vamp, and I quickly learned that while yes, you can fill a waterskin with blood, no you can not drink it later on... gotta be from a fresh target.

War hammer -> target the legs or arms until they drop to the ground in pain -> feed and move on seems suitably horrific for me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 08:22:16 pm by Max™ »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: December 31, 2014, 09:16:12 pm »

Well, I use a whip to the weapon-bearing arm, but yep.

Incidentally, I have a hatch cover into a monster lair, but I cannot seem to get down via normal means, any thoughts?
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: December 31, 2014, 09:29:13 pm »

How do you attack your own forehead with a palm strike?
I think that this is something that must be added to the game sooner or later, dwarves already have mannerisms, it should be implemented even if in the same way as "the stray cat roots around the grass"... Could somebody put a a suggestion at the subforum?
In a time before time, I had a name.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: December 31, 2014, 11:22:49 pm »

Incidentally, I have a hatch cover into a monster lair, but I cannot seem to get down via normal means, any thoughts?

use the same button as the one used for changing lvls in fortress mode.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: December 31, 2014, 11:39:51 pm »

use the same button as the one used for changing lvls in fortress mode.
Is that bug still active, where you have to carefully (Alt+direction) move?
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 327