Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621941 times)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2850 on: April 03, 2015, 08:24:19 am »

I once destroyed all zombies in a tower and painstakingly stacked them in a pile, set it on fire, and waited one hour. In one hour, that whole pile was ashes. Then I went back into the tower and every single zombie was present.

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: April 03, 2015, 09:26:24 am »

This is something I am asking myself, too.
But I believe (i.e. I haven't tested it because in my towers there are massive numbers of zombies) that it would be manageable.

The fact that they "respawn" (and I don't believe they actually do) possibly could be that there are too much zombies at the site location to be spawned in the first place.
Reason for this believe:
In some other thread people talked about various locations where they were ambushed again and again and again by the same monster, so that it seems there were respawn-issues.
I had this too.
But in my cases these monsters weren't just nameless animals but monsters with real names which you could read if they started to bleed.
It weren't respawn-issues but I hit the spots where all of these different "same monsters" were spawned (maybe because there are too much so that the game can't spawn them all in by starting the adventure).
Therefore it could (i.e. I believe but I can't know for sure) be the same with zombies in their towers.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 09:29:57 am by SaD-82 »

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: April 03, 2015, 10:05:26 am »

Could be good weapon training to kill them all then burn them all, rinse and repeat. I don't know how long I can do that before I get bored, but I've done more tedious shit. With persistent effort, can a necro tower be cleansed and rendered into a usable base, or will it always be a zombie spawn-point?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: April 03, 2015, 10:09:58 am »

Could be good weapon training to kill them all then burn them all, rinse and repeat.
You've obviously never fought zombies in v.40.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: April 03, 2015, 10:19:39 am »

Could be good weapon training to kill them all then burn them all, rinse and repeat.
You've obviously never fought zombies in v.40.
Is it that obvious? They scare the shit out of me. You fight them and tell me how it goes.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: April 03, 2015, 10:24:15 am »

Even with a cheaty character the size of a titan, legendary in all weapon skills, stats off the charts, full masterwork steel armor, and a masterwork platinum mace, I still got my ass handed to me. It's literally impossible to fight zombies, especially large numbers of them, without NOEXERT. That's what I eventually resorted to.

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: April 03, 2015, 10:34:49 am »

Could you dfhack-destroy them to test this?
Maybe I should do this during some spare time...

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2857 on: April 03, 2015, 10:51:32 am »

The population is linked to the site just like trolls in a gobby fortress

Oh, and even with noexert and superspeed it still becomes rather insurmountable after a while, I hacked through a hundred or so of the three hundred+ I found at a bandit camp in one world while trying to keep a couple of dorf soldiers alive... finally realized I wasn't making enough of a dent and left after they ended up getting overwhelmed.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 10:54:01 am by Max™ »

Mrandom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: April 03, 2015, 06:08:19 pm »

Could you dfhack-destroy them to test this?
Maybe I should do this during some spare time...

I did this before I ask. Basically I just killed all necros, dfhack-reveal, <l> through all the layers, dfhack-exterminate, and there were 73 undeads.
okay, exterminate undead, they were dead. I wanted to see if any new ones would be raised by any necro left, so I waited one hour.
And there were 73 undeads again. I killed one in combat, waited and returned, and there were still 73 of them.

So I guess the population is linked to the site, like Max said.

Now I have started a fortress nearby for about 4 months, got siege once, but only one zombie came (it came with a goblin, pretty strange), so it was not problem. Maybe killing the necros weakened the tower.

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: April 03, 2015, 06:16:03 pm »

Maybe killing the necros weakened the tower.

At least, it prevents you from getting swarmed by your own dead dwarves/pets.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: April 04, 2015, 12:23:09 pm »

when you parry with a weapon, does it count as shield user? what determines the blocking success rate of parries
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: April 04, 2015, 01:44:32 pm »

when you parry with a weapon, does it count as shield user? what determines the blocking success rate of parries

No, parry depends on your weapon skill with said weapon.
If you want to train shield user and armor user then use block.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: April 05, 2015, 01:38:14 pm »

so if i wana be a badass dual weilding head collector i just need to train the weapon skill that i want, now the question, what all attacks are actually able to be parried? i would assume anything that isnt a breath attack or ranged attack but maybe some people are badass enough to parry those too?
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: April 05, 2015, 01:40:37 pm »

Anything that isn't a breath attack. You can bat arrows out of the air with your axe if you get good enough.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: April 05, 2015, 02:25:12 pm »

so i just gotta watch out for dragons and titans/forgotten beasts/clowns that have breath attacks, ima have to go kick some serious ass as soon as i get that mod update.

Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 327