Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621895 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3015 on: December 03, 2015, 06:48:39 pm »

As I suspected. Hmm. Maybe I'll have to add a reaction to test it, as I've yet to find any libraries or paper in general.

What text color are libraries when viewing the building/feature list on fast travel? Mead halls are purple, taverns are brownish, temples are cyan...
I've only seen them in fortresses on the surface, try there. I don't think they show up on the map.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: December 03, 2015, 06:55:11 pm »

Damn. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

mineforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: December 03, 2015, 07:25:53 pm »

As I suspected. Hmm. Maybe I'll have to add a reaction to test it, as I've yet to find any libraries or paper in general.

What text color are libraries when viewing the building/feature list on fast travel? Mead halls are purple, taverns are brownish, temples are cyan...

When you're in a city and there's a library (Rarely) they have a whitish color.
Who's born in the fortress, die in the fortress

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: December 03, 2015, 07:45:53 pm »

Ah, nice. o3o

Hmm. There was a dumb question I was going to remember...

EDIT: Oh right! Anyone figured out what being filled with determination focused does?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 07:48:53 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Bloodl1ke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: December 03, 2015, 08:29:35 pm »

In my quest of becoming the ultimate drunken master I seem to get a lot of people I brawl to be "Enraged at all enemies". What does that modifier mean?

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: December 03, 2015, 08:47:40 pm »

Enraged creatures deal more damage, are far more aggressive, and will almost never flee.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: December 03, 2015, 08:51:55 pm »

Hmm. I'm still guessing that being focused is like in Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Sven Flintflash

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Opossum Poet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: December 04, 2015, 12:00:19 am »

Where would I find a crutch in adventure mode? I went to like every shop in a town and i couldnt find any! I can't deal with crawling forever... :'(

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: December 04, 2015, 12:05:50 am »

Hmm. I'm still guessing that being focused is like in Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead. :V
From what I've observed it comes about when enough of your needs are met. As to what it actually does, I have no idea.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: December 04, 2015, 12:09:50 am »

I know, I'd love to figured out what the hell it DOES. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: December 04, 2015, 12:12:43 am »

Well the opposite of focused seems to be distracted so it might relate to the quality of crafts, in fort mode, and compositions and performances that you can make.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: December 04, 2015, 12:16:27 am »

So long as it doesn't affect any of my "not getting killed" functions. >w<
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: December 04, 2015, 01:13:09 am »

I got my broken finger infected. Will it cure over time? Should I be worried? I've spend quite some time will this adventurer.

EDIT: Also do smashed apart injuries heal? I got my ear smashed apart and it's been a few days now. (It's unrelated to the finger infection)

Not sure how it works in the latest version, but in earlier versions infections have pretty much been death sentences. As for injuries - anything that doesn't heal when you enter fast travel or wait/sleep will never heal afaik.

So how can I make sure a smashed body part doesn't get infected? I got ear infection as well after a while, even though I kept dipping in rivers daily.

To the extent of my knowledge - you don't.  :P I just tend to mod in healing for cartilage, nails and such.

So long as it doesn't affect any of my "not getting killed" functions. >w<

I'm not sure, but I'd guess skill rolls get slightly better when focused, and slightly worse when distracted. So essentially, you'll be a little bit better at everything when your needs are met, but I recall toady saying it shouldn't be game-breaking not to satisfy needs. :)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 01:16:13 am by TheDorf »
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

IRON_GAUNTLET

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: December 04, 2015, 03:20:16 am »

I saw posts earlier, that had adventures say "Your attitude insults me, but let us continue.", but after fiddeling around with arguments I couldn't find that option. I must tell the world, especially in bars, but how do I do that?
bay12: the place where the simulated mass murder of children is acceptable and even encouraged, but a demographic survey is controversial.

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: December 04, 2015, 04:02:18 am »

I saw posts earlier, that had adventures say "Your attitude insults me, but let us continue.", but after fiddeling around with arguments I couldn't find that option. I must tell the world, especially in bars, but how do I do that?

Discussing your values with someone who has strongly opposing values can give you the option to tell them you feel insulted IIRC, much like NPCs can say this if you press an argument they disagree with.

Question: If I want to play a bard-like character and avoid crashes to the greatest extent possible, what should I be doing? Like, what should I stay away from? I had a decent save, but whenever I load it it crashes like 20 actions after loading...
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 327