Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1830437 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #2475 on: October 29, 2012, 12:25:56 am »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: October 29, 2012, 12:26:28 am »

E: Mother-of-fucking-shit, the perpetrators of the crime were televised for the third time. I would like it if most of the people hunting us would redirect their search towards them, not us.
wait, you mean those guys that did the crime are being televised as doing the crime, yet the goons still think your family did the crime?

wat.

Yeah. It gets complicated.

The criminals are nigh-unreachable, that's why they're looking for us, thinking we might be accomplices, even though we're also victims of this stupid crime situation the company got itself in.

This is so fucking stupid. I swear if I see them, I will kill them the moment they step into my line-of-sight. They have caused me great amounts of emotional stress, and I'm about to crack.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2477 on: October 29, 2012, 10:37:22 am »

Sorry to say, but can someone explain what's going on to New Guy? Dx i think I missed it the first time e posted...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: October 29, 2012, 10:57:07 am »

I shall explain it for you then, because I believe I never got around to summarizing my situation properly, making it appear fragmented.

A couple of weeks (2 months? Passage of time gets skewed when you think so much of the present and future) ago, the boss my mom is working/used to work for and her coworker stole a few million (actually 2 billion) of the funds supposed to be used in the stock market to get an increase (this is how the investment firm my mom works for operates).

The accomplice/coworker was being vague during the theft, and while my mom advised the boss not to give too much money to that coworker, because she sensed something brewing from the accomplice's area of supervision, the boss ignored my mom's advice.

Turns out he's also a culprit, and once the bomb (metaphor) exploded, they went in hiding.

Now, the investors under the coworker's supervision looked for that fucking idiot, but he was nowhere to be found. However, he was able to spread some lies that we held the stolen cash, not him, and so they're right up our asses thinking we're also accomplices with the thieves.

And it gets complicated, because it turns out one of the investors has a gang of mobsters at his disposal, so we also are being stalked by the guys, thinking the same as the above.

Fortunately, the situation has somewhat cooled, now that the thieves were televised. I believe they finally understood that we don't have it, and we were just being used. (we didn't have much choice back then anyway, Uncle had a stroke and we were on poverty lane).

But not all of them got the message. Some of the other investors (who also may or may not have henchmen) are still bothering and threatening us over this stupid dilemma.

And the thieves, while televised and therefore known to a lot of people to have stolen something, are not yet found. And we're (as in us + others who worked and were used) also facing a lot of charges for working with the company that we didn't know was a sham.

So for our safety (especially against the mob that still is hot on our tails), we moved around the area and decided to lay low until it cools down enough.

The charges, however, are just a little distraction, because we have proof that we were used, so our main concern is safety.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: October 29, 2012, 11:15:01 am »

I'm looking forward to the movie. Seems like it'd make a good summer thriller, with some slight bending of the truth.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: October 29, 2012, 02:07:26 pm »

Well, shit. I got meself a warning for the shenanigans in YOU ALWAYS ROLL 5. No more quote pyramids for me~
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: October 29, 2012, 02:15:44 pm »

Well, shit. I got meself a warning for the shenanigans in YOU ALWAYS ROLL 5. No more quote pyramids for me~
I know, see what I wrote in the sad thread.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: October 31, 2012, 04:27:13 pm »

One of my wisdom teeth seems to be coming in. This is mildly disconcerting for some reason.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: October 31, 2012, 06:20:42 pm »

One of my wisdom teeth seems to be coming in. This is mildly disconcerting for some reason.
You are going to die painfully of a abscess.

How about now?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 06:27:15 pm by misko27 »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2484 on: October 31, 2012, 06:24:53 pm »

You are going to die painfully of a abcess.

How about now?
You are going to die painfully of a awful grammar.

How about now?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: October 31, 2012, 06:26:57 pm »

You are going to die painfully of a abscess.

How about now?
You are going to die painfully of a awful grammar.

How about now?
Not really. I'm just not feeling the bad grammer disgust.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2486 on: October 31, 2012, 06:30:43 pm »

Hmmm... Weaponized grammar. Interesting notion.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: October 31, 2012, 06:32:00 pm »

Hmmm... Weaponized grammar. Interesting notion.
Now I know another addition to the internetz mod for DF!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: October 31, 2012, 08:05:27 pm »

Weaponizeing bad grammer? We Can help !
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: October 31, 2012, 08:24:53 pm »

Weaponizeing bad grammer? We Can help !

We can also help with weaponizing bad spelling and awkward capitalization and punctuation!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 08:45:41 pm by Slayerhero90 »
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 1420