Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 77

Author Topic: BYOR5.5 - Day 9: Just Kidding. Game Over.  (Read 124330 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Day 1: Ghostly Meeting
« Reply #150 on: December 15, 2010, 02:53:14 am »

I'm questioning both Pandarsenic and Jokerman, and the only reason I'm being so light on the latter is Zath is already on him.

Regardless, I believe I've done more on each than you have in total. Perhaps you should lead by example? Who do you trust too much to bother scumhunting?

haha, what?! For real? :P

You basically admitted that you were not doing alot since Zathras had done a 'brutal dissection of Jokerman'. Pull your head up your ass, appart from putting Zath and yourself on a pedestal and then feign offense when people call bullshit on your ridiculous self aggrandizing delusion of utility is not some fucking scumhunting. That FoS on you was not just for the fun of it.
I admitted I wasn't doing a lot on Jokerman. The fact remains that it's more than you've done. Let's check:

We have roughly the same number of posts. Oddly, mine are all elaborate questions and explanations on why things don't make sense. Yours are all brief, often irrelevant quips without any real explanation.

Put simply, you're full of shit. I've been scumhunting more than you by a very, very wide margin. Feel free to provide quotes if you disagree.

And as to your other question...

At the moment I'm leaning towards me n Zathras. I consider us both good players of the detail-aware variety. I'm actually not sure I've ever seen Zathras' scum game, but if it's essentially his town game (as I strive for myself) I think we'd be very, very good at annihilating weak players and going head-to-head with any strong ones who suspected us.

Of course, I'm currently in fuck yeah Zathras mode for his brutal dissection of Jokerman, so that could be coloring my opinion. Zath n Pandar might be pretty good for scumbuddies that rage a bit at each other, meaning if either falls the other looks good.
Bud
Yes...

Hey, we agree!. Life's good sometimes.
Yes, we do. Is there a point you'd like to make with this information?

Haha, but really, if Zathras wasn't going after you for your bullshit I'd be doing so much more rigorously. In fact, why don't I point out some original suspicions in that same vein?

dy
Wait, what? "If X wasn't going after you I would be" is buddying X? Are you sure your definition of "buddying" isn't "agrees with him"?

Hah, that would imply that you actually did anything, see above
See above indeed. Perhaps you should read the thread instead of latching onto keywords in an attempt to make me look bad.

No. It's not really helped by not lurking because Zathras' been putting pressure on him; he's basically openly stated that he wouldn't be doing anything at all until something fell into his lap.

-snip

So you don't think anything Jokerman's said is scummy? Do you think any of what me or Zath has said is scummy? What's your take on this nonsense situation?

ing.
What again. Are you sure your definition of buddying isn't mentions his name?

Well, the thing is that its sound like some kind of Zath-Irony alliance versus Jokerman the way you say it.  What i find the best is how you imply that you actually participated, thing you said you did not had to do since Zath was doing it so well.
There's really no way to say "Do you have an issue with either of these two people?" without making it sound like they're a group. Since we were both going after Jokerman for partially the same reason, it stood to reason that someone who disagreed with or suspected one might feel the same about the other. Can you think of a good reason to ask about one but not the other?

With regards to the bolded part, I'm now convinced you're not actually reading the thread. If you were, it would probably occur to you that my mention of doing less on Jokerman than I otherwise would is not, in fact, an admission of doing nothing. Another advantage to reading the thread is you might have some quotes to back your bullshit up. As it stands, you do not, and look like scum eager for an excuse to latch onto.

You are the man for now Irony.  If you want to throw back the quotes with the reason why for you it's not buddying go ahead, but i'm certain people here already got their opinion on it. If you want to be actually usefull, go right ahead, i'll be checking you go.
What is this bolded part? Is it some kind of veiled threat? You seem to be saying "go ahead and defend yourself but I'm sure several people have already made up their minds regardless of what you say."

Toaster, you seem to be our resident wording-minutiae-scum-everywhere expert, what do you make of this? Is it a veiled attempt to get people to think of me as scum?

IronyOwl
Dude, I also think I'm great, and agree that agreeing with someone is not the same as buddying, but yeah, cut it out. As far as I see, you only really buddied me once; I do think Toaster and Pandar (and now MBP) are blowing it out of proportion, but yeah, quit bogarting my target and go pick on someone else instead of cheering from the gallery.
Sorry. I didn't mean to punk your kill, I just wanted to point out how terribly scummy that one part was, and then of course it snowballed.

If it's any consolation, I tried to deliberately not mention how scummy it was that Jokerman wanted to be all reasonable now.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 15, 2010, 03:45:35 am »

At Native, I am quite experienced at this game, as many people on this sub-forum will tell you. /sarcasm
I have played many games, and am a good player. However, some idiots on this forum feel the need to lynch me every game, saying that it helps the town, which it doesn't, because they are fucking dumb.

You don't really seem to do much, at least not yet. Is can't be because there's nothing for you to contribute, there's plenty going on. If this how your performance usually is then it seems like they lynch you for a reason. Are any of these "idiots" you speak of in this game? And if so, do you think they'll target you to unreasonable degrees?

Quote from: NativeForeigner
Zathras: Why do you consider someone's policy on lurking an important aspect of this game?

It's always important to understand a player's motivations and stances on the rest of the players. Lurking is one aspect of this, and the one that proved interesting in Jokerman, so I pulled at it.

Makes sense. What are some other aspects that you consider important? And do you consider any one aspect to be more important that most others?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 15, 2010, 09:12:38 am »

IronyOwl:

As far as you questioning your buddying, I wouldn't have mentioned the second example were it not for the first- it's more establishing an association.  The third one, like I said, is setting up a false "us vs them," where you push Jokerman away from you and pull Zathras toward you.

If it's any consolation, I tried to deliberately not mention how scummy it was that Jokerman wanted to be all reasonable now.

So you didn't mention something you saw as a scumtell so as to improve your own image?  That's very townie behavior! [/sarcasm]

You are the man for now Irony.  If you want to throw back the quotes with the reason why for you it's not buddying go ahead, but i'm certain people here already got their opinion on it. If you want to be actually usefull, go right ahead, i'll be checking you go.
What is this bolded part? Is it some kind of veiled threat? You seem to be saying "go ahead and defend yourself but I'm sure several people have already made up their minds regardless of what you say."

Toaster, you seem to be our resident wording-minutiae-scum-everywhere expert, what do you make of this? Is it a veiled attempt to get people to think of me as scum?

What I read from this is MBP saying "I think you're scum, ok bye now."  He's not trying to push his view on anyone else, and there's a sense of conclusion to his attack line on you.

MBP:  Are you done with IronyOwl?  If so, who's next on your target list?

Zathras:  Interesting view on the cult possibility.  It has merit, but it's idle speculation for today.

As for your Jokerman question... well, he always lurks during RVS.  This is the most I've seen out of him in the first 48 hours of any game I can remember.  I've given him hell for it in the past, and it never amounted to much.  It's a bit scummy, but it's also firmly in his meta.  I doubt he and IronyOwl are on the same team, so that makes me think he's more likely to be town, since I think IO is scum.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 15, 2010, 11:00:35 am »

We have roughly the same number of posts. Oddly, mine are all elaborate questions and explanations on why things don't make sense. Yours are all brief, often irrelevant quips without any real explanation.

Put simply, you're full of shit. I've been scumhunting more than you by a very, very wide margin. Feel free to provide quotes if you disagree.

Am i now ? Why dont you re-read yourself ? Now with actually relevant titles

Where is that scumhunting you want me to see ? You did ask a few question on Jokerman, then just stood back throwing flowers at Zathras from the side.Oh,  you also threw a few inane question at Pandar then tried to get yourself out of the pit you dug yourself. That's scumhunting like i've never seen.

On the self inspection side, i'm clearly not the man with the most scumhunting done right now, but i mean DAMN you are standing there buddying zath and you should go scot free and unquestionned ? No way that 1 will let this happen.  Ottofar, Org, Argemberger and archangel are lurking pretty hasrd right now and theyll pay for it soon, But i won't let go scummtells just because there are also lurkers around.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 15, 2010, 11:51:11 am »

MBP, you totally ignore my question, asked twice. I am deeply annoyed by this.

Also:
Ottofar, you've been distinctly useless so far. Rectify that situation or die.
Archangel, Ottofar, you've been also useless so far. Please come in and contribute, or die.
Ottofar, Org, Argemberger and archangel are lurking pretty hasrd right now and theyll pay for it soon.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 15, 2010, 12:44:02 pm »

Oh missed it.  Probly white ? I don't know and i doubt i'll learn it.

Erm, looking much ?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 15, 2010, 12:47:08 pm »

Ehm. Sorry.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 15, 2010, 12:59:20 pm »

While you are here anything more to say ? For now ive yet to see you don anything relevant. What's you opinion on everyone ? Right now Jokerman Ex and Irony are the one most proeminent ? Find any scummy, and why ?  Anybody else popping in your mind for scum ?

I really dislike what you are doing right now. Take the time to at least make an argument. As you quoted we are at least 3 people waiting to hear more from you.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 15, 2010, 01:35:55 pm »

At Zath, I think that all of the giant posts is just distracting, so like Irony and Joker. I have seen a few times where scum will pill all this off, what not. I think Nirur shouldnt use meta and whatnot.

Pandar I am kinda meh about, exams and stuff, having to do that myself.

Joker shouldnt be dumb, lurking is bad. I am not lurking. I am sleeping. Shush.
Cultists? Eh mebbeh.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 15, 2010, 01:55:54 pm »

Also:
Archangel, Ottofar, you've been also useless so far. Please come in and contribute, or die.
Ottofar, Org, Argemberger and archangel are lurking pretty hasrd right now and theyll pay for it soon.

What are you trying to prove?  You quote three people rightly pointing out that you're not doing much and then continue to not do much.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 15, 2010, 02:53:09 pm »

I think Nirur shouldnt use meta and whatnot.
If you're not just saying that for the sake of saying it, provide an argument.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 15, 2010, 03:18:29 pm »

No you.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 15, 2010, 03:42:00 pm »

Also:

... Really? 1) He answered your question, 2) your question was completely irrelevant, 3) you continue to be useless. Please amend that.

Oh, and Org
You don't really seem to do much, at least not yet. Is can't be because there's nothing for you to contribute, there's plenty going on. If this how your performance usually is then it seems like they lynch you for a reason. Are any of these "idiots" you speak of in this game? And if so, do you think they'll target you to unreasonable degrees?

Please don't ignore me, you're already proving useless enough.

No you.

Org. If you plan to go through the entire game like this, I see no reason keeping you around, you'll only screw us over in LYLO if you're town and it'll just be a pleasant bonus if you happen to be scum.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 15, 2010, 04:53:01 pm »

Org is still Org, I see.

Native, at which point do you feel that people who are frequently untownlike/lurkers should be lynched, rather then people who are throwing out scum-tells?

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 15, 2010, 05:20:55 pm »

Quote from: NativeForeigner
Zathras: Why do you consider someone's policy on lurking an important aspect of this game?
It's always important to understand a player's motivations and stances on the rest of the players. Lurking is one aspect of this, and the one that proved interesting in Jokerman, so I pulled at it.
Makes sense. What are some other aspects that you consider important? And do you consider any one aspect to be more important that most others?
It's all important. Other aspects could be whether they are more/less verbose than usual, whether they seem nervous or worried about how someone else is doing, how they react to pressure, and so on. The most important one is the one that gets a strong reaction, since then you can dig deeper. These are not necessarily scumtells, but they are good tools to help you get a better read on someone. If they start to panic, fall into contradictions or exhibit other scumminess, you may have something useful.

At Zath, I think that all of the giant posts is just distracting, so like Irony and Joker. I have seen a few times where scum will pill all this off, what not. I think Nirur shouldnt use meta and whatnot.
Pandar I am kinda meh about, exams and stuff, having to do that myself.
Joker shouldnt be dumb, lurking is bad. I am not lurking. I am sleeping. Shush.
Cultists? Eh mebbeh.
So, in summary: meh, bah, maybe, and whatnot. OK, then. Follow up questions: I used meta on you as well, but you objected to Nirur's, not mine - why? Do you think Joker is just dumb, or scummy? (or both?) Pandar has contributed even less than you; do you think that's more typical of town Pandar, scum Pandar, or who-knows Pandar?

Ottofar: you are turning from useless into uselessly annoying. Your house is the colour of wet charcoal, what with the constant rains and it being hit by lightning twice a day. Now get involved and ask people actual useful questions, or we'll have to conclude you're active-lurking.

Pandarsenic: What is your current read of Ottofar, NativeForeigner, and Mr.Person? I'd like to get something useful out of Org, but I don't know how; what would you suggest?

Jokerman-EXE: It has been over 24 hours since your last post, and it's about 24 hours to day end. I thought you were "here and ready to play", and that "it's not like [you] just ignore the game until D2". Should I assume that you were indeed announcing below that you'd go cowardly back to lurking for the remainder of the day? Given your previous statements, why shouldn't you be summarily lynched if you don't show up?
FUCKING FIREFOX ARRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Don't have much time to post today, not sure if I'll be back.

Zathras: [...]I think it would be better to focus on pulling other players into the game, and we can revisit this argument D2, when lurking becomes a bigger thing and when it might make more sense to us. Does that sound reasonable?

Native: It's funny, because someone asked me that same question like, last year when I said that I hated RVS. And you know what? It hasn't affected the game yet. I'm just saying, it's not like I just ignore the game until D2. I'm here and ready to play, I just don't like wasting time with throwing stupid questions around. Like the one you quoted there.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 77